As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking For Game Thread? (Tabletop / RPG )

epicfailzepicfailz Plymouth, MIRegistered User regular
Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the best place or way to organize this, but I couldn't find an existing thread. (Could be noob tunnel vision here...)

I'd like to setup a LFG system for games you would want to play with people who are bringing them and may want to play with others during PAX. I and my fiance are looking to expand our horizons and dig into some Pathfinder / D&D or some other systems I have heard of like Eclipse or Shadowrun. I'll be bringing an armful of boardgames myself as well.

Thoughts?

• Options
    hariustrkhariustrk Registered User regular
    I would love to learn to play Pandemic and Dominion while there.
    Will be bringing 4 level 1-10 pregens for D&D 5e in case I can find a pick up game and a conversion to 5e of Secret of Saltmarsh to run if anyone is interested in playing some 5e(Level 1).

• Options
    coflroptercoflropter Registered User regular
    I might be bringing Forbidden island. Great co-op game!

Also bringing CAH in the BBB. I might regret that decision though.

VEIYCZd.png
  • Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    Not really looking to organize anything specific, but there's a number of games I'd like to learn this PAX. Tash Kalar, Jamaica, Twilight Struggle, and Five Tribes among them. I'll probably use the standard hashtag that's been used in the past if I'm looking for someone to play a game with - #TTLFG.

• Options
    ScorpiusScorpius Registered User regular
    Games on Demand will be in the tabletop area again this year, offering RPG games starting at noon Friday. I do not believe any GMs offered Eclipse Phase or Shadowrun this year but the lineup is pretty diverse.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Planning on bringing 7 Wonders with Babel and Dominion with most expansions.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    SnowDogSnowDog Central MARegistered User regular
    Scorpius wrote: »
    Games on Demand will be in the tabletop area again this year
    Excellent! I was wondering about that -- no tabletop thread yet this year so wasn't sure who was going to be around.

• Options
    epicfailzepicfailz Plymouth, MIRegistered User regular
    Scorpius wrote: »
    Games on Demand will be in the tabletop area again this year, offering RPG games starting at noon Friday. I do not believe any GMs offered Eclipse Phase or Shadowrun this year but the lineup is pretty diverse.

Awesome to hear! I'll have some pre-gen sheets handy just in case then. I'll be bringing around Netrunner teaching decks, Coup and Kanzume Goddess as I am flying and they are easy enough to pack.

• Options
    SG_FredSG_Fred Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I am always down to learn or play any new (or old) games at PAX. I will try to watch this thread and you can also tweet me at @Fred_TheGeek

• Options
    BinaryPieBinaryPie Registered User regular
    I never spend as much time in tabletop as I intend to at PAX. Would love to get in a DnD 5e game though.

• Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    Not really looking to organize anything specific, but there's a number of games I'd like to learn this PAX. Tash Kalar, Jamaica, Twilight Struggle, and Five Tribes among them. I'll probably use the standard hashtag that's been used in the past if I'm looking for someone to play a game with - #TTLFG.

If it helps, I and another person are sharing demo duties for Days of Wonder with the Compleat Strategist again, and we're doing rolling demos of Ticket To Ride and Five Tribes every day starting at 11am (until 7pm Fri and Sat and 3pm on Sun). Not sure where the demo tables will be located, but we'll be there!

• Options
    For those interested in a 5E game, I'll tweet when I'm avail to DM.
    @iamjefffuller

• Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    klz wrote: »

If it helps, I and another person are sharing demo duties for Days of Wonder with the Compleat Strategist again, and we're doing rolling demos of Ticket To Ride and Five Tribes every day starting at 11am (until 7pm Fri and Sat and 3pm on Sun). Not sure where the demo tables will be located, but we'll be there!
    Awesome, I'll be sure to stop by and check it out!

• Options
    PugglesPuggles Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I'm bringing Pandemic. Just picked it up though and have never played it.

Puggles on
  • Options
    Puggles wrote: »
    I'm bringing Pandemic. Just picked it up though and have never played it.
    Would love to learn to play it if you setup a game.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    Pandemic is a great game but a lot of people miss some of the rules the first time out. Because it's a co-op, missing a rule can either make the game a cakewalk, or impossible. So make sure to check out the "common mistakes" page on BGG:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/300287/common-mistakes