Options

The Webcomics Thread: Still the Worst 1973

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Look, transforming a portal to hell into a renewable energy source is basically the best you can hope for.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    and honestly the zombie devil bears will probably die off in the winter or something

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Seal it off inside a airtight prison, you get to keep the power source and no more devil bears. Eventually the devil bears will fill up the tomb and block it off. I dunno what happens then, maybe you can keep generating power? Maybe it stops? Either way, problem solved.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    If the only downside to an unlimited clean source of energy is a few devil bears, that seems very worth it.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yes take the word of the strange man's strange device that you don't know how it works or if it's even accurate or what you're looking at. Just run off stage and leave your ring with him.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    she may have been suspecting it to be glass herself

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Reading through DBZ Multiverse.

This is so much goofy fun, I love it.

Also SSJ Pan is the adorabest.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Yes take the word of the strange man's strange device that you don't know how it works or if it's even accurate or what you're looking at. Just run off stage and leave your ring with him.

It's not unreasonable that she would believe some dude with a strange doo-hickey that no one's ever seen before, people back then always bought into weird quackery with miraculous claims attached to them. Have a headache? Here, rub this fluorescent bulb with wires wrapped around it against your testicles and presto your headaches are gone forever!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
  • Options
    A quick note about Dragonball Multiverse, in the original DBZ whatever race Freiza belongs to is not named at all in the series but in the DBM comic they are referred to as "Frost Demons"

Dragonball Xenoverse recently came out, and guess what gets a shoutout?

TqNnqkm.jpg

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2015-03-01-unpretty.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    that's a good name for them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    U6XgGZH.gif

6Ub6rWC.gif

QlsBWUK.gif

Demon is often NSFW

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure that method of quickly killing mice would pass a review board.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    spike-ceiling-smush-boxes are standard equipment in any legitimate laboratory

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I know we keep ragging on demon for being a weird self-proclaimed authorial murder fantasy wish fulfillment thing, but... look at that page.

He created a tiny, elaborate rat murdering box with spikes on it, the kind of trap a bond villain would use. And then he's too lazy to draw even a slightly convincing maze. It just says a lot about how the author thinks.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i can't blame that first rat for being lost in a maze that seems to change wall placement at random

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    ronya wrote: »
    It's a ridiculously inefficient and messy way to kill a specimen. Easier to just inject it with something.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    a tiny guillotine would have too many small moving parts to clean, so they went with the french press

dishwasher friendly!

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    It's a ridiculously inefficient and messy way to kill a specimen. Easier to just inject it with something.

The temple of doom method is actually more efficient and user friendly as you don't actually have to touch the rat and also don't have to wait forever for it to die

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Sooo… They're trying to put across that they found/made a demon rat? Why?
    Even assuming they have (basically no actual evidence yet beyond the doc's assertion-without-proof), what's the point?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Yeah, but then you have to build a robot with hands tiny enough to perform the ritual, and they're not made of money

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Even assuming they have (basically no actual evidence yet beyond the doc's assertion-without-proof), what's the point?

Better understanding of how it works without killing heaps of people?

broken image link
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I assume it's meant to kill the mouse in a gruesome fashion in order to inspire the other mouse.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

I get why someone would research this phenomenon, that's not what I'm asking. What I want to know is why they would tell Jimmy. Or, hell, why bother with all this set-up at all when they could keep him in a medically induced coma indefinitely…?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options

I get why someone would research this phenomenon, that's not what I'm asking. What I want to know is why they would tell Jimmy. Or, hell, why bother with all this set-up at all when they could keep him in a medically induced coma indefinitely…?

Dr. Herbert thinks Jimmy is a new lab assistant and Hunter is having trouble telling him he's fired

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    MaBxtkS.png
    Helvetica is a comic about high living.

Also, KC Green uploaded the rest of Pinocchio Chapter 13.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

Dr. Herbert thinks Jimmy is a new lab assistant and Hunter is having trouble telling him he's fired

The implication is that they're trying to get Jimmy to join them by appealing to his sense of experimentation. By showing off to him that they've done the experimentation already and have much more of a grasp on the demon powers they hope to earn his trust and/or convince him he can never live a normal life again such that he'll join them.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    MaBxtkS.png
    Helvetica is a comic about high living.

Also, KC Green uploaded the rest of Pinocchio Chapter 13.

I really, REALLY enjoy the naming convention for this comic.

• Options
    They're introducing Jimmy to his new teammates. A crack squad of multi-species possessor demons, held together only by the common tragedy that awakened their powers. Next up is Herbert, the tree, then Shelby, the sea cucumber (for naval operations).

• Options
    DBZ Multiverse has earned my enjoyment, closing now to get work done.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Zay wrote: »
    i can't blame that first rat for being lost in a maze that seems to change wall placement at random
    The wall placement doesn't change. edit- hmm, I thought I had the 2nd to last panel's bits matched up. All of the mazes in the panels match up except for that one.

Maybe the demon transfer requires a violent death? Has Jimmy died of starvation, poison or disease?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    it's poisoned itself yes

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »
    The wall placement doesn't change.
    The wall placement in the original shot doesn't match that in the first top-down shot, and the second top-down shot doesn't correspond to anywhere on the maze that I can see, even if the PoV was rotated.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    I hadn't even checked the isometric view.

• Options
    In the next page, we see that Jimmy has actually triggered the bracelet when shaking Dr. Herbert's hand, and has just enough time to hear him discuss the use of a somnacin/valkyr blend in their tranquilizer formula before he passes out

• Options
    It's actually a valkyrie blend, and the story takes a hard shift into Norse mythology

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    It's actually a valkyrie blend, and the story takes a hard shift into the Max Payne movie.

maxpayne1.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
This discussion has been closed.