Options

i'm buff, i'm the stuff, and the wrestling thread just can't get enough!

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Heyman gonna get someone fired back there.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    what do I like more

that complete heel move with Andre

or referencing Ronda Rousey

One of those makes me happy, and the other one made me take the sharpest intake of breath I've taken watching Raw in a long long time.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular

gonna be honest

I kind of admire the courage of the WWE to let Paul Heyman anywhere near a mic

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Can someone give me a rundown of Paul's speech?

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Interesting that he'd name Ronda Rousey but not the UFC. I guess someone backstage in talent relations is optimistic about the future.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

gonna be honest

I kind of admire the courage of the WWE to let Paul Heyman anywhere near a mic

Well, they like money.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Brock is gonna murder Reigns.

Andre is dead.

Lillian Garcia always fucks up.

New Jersey is garbage.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Can someone give me a rundown of Paul's speech?

Pull it up on YouTube later. It needs to be experienced.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    If we knew Brock was walking and not going to play with WWE anymore I would almost think Paul was burning hislast bridge with that promo.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    If we knew Brock was walking and not going to play with WWE anymore I would almost think Paul was burning hislast bridge with that promo.

I hope not because Paul needs to stick around after Brock leaves.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Okay I am not a huge Reigns fan but those YOU CAN'T WRESTLE chants are the worst

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Alundra Blayze screwed Bret Hart.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    If Paul decided to leave you know where I would love to see him? Walking out with Punk for his fight.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Seth is the best babyface in peril on the roster

wait, what

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

I mean, there's nothing there that anyone backstage would find objectionable, except perhaps the Andre comment and still, it's wrestling, they've heard way worse.

Brock is gonna be where he wants? Yeah, Brock does what he wants, Heymans been saying that since day one.

Brock's gonna win? Day one.

Ronda Rousey? Hey Ronda, we're thinking of ya. Keep that in mind.

Jersey sucks? Oh no, the heel said a bad thing about the city he's in.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    He made fun of Lillian.

Thems fightin' words.

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Okay I am not a huge Reigns fan but those YOU CAN'T WRESTLE chants are the worst

Like, sure, he's not as good as Bryan by a long shot. But he's done nothing but improve since he came back last December.

That chant was bullshit, and will continue to be bullshit wherever it pops up.

• Options
    It wasn't a controversial promo it was just a really good promo. I know that's probably a confusing concept given what they've been presenting as of late.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »

I mean, there's nothing there that anyone backstage would find objectionable, except perhaps the Andre comment and still, it's wrestling, they've heard way worse.

Brock is gonna be where he wants? Yeah, Brock does what he wants, Heymans been saying that since day one.

Brock's gonna win? Day one.

Ronda Rousey? Hey Ronda, we're thinking of ya. Keep that in mind.

Jersey sucks? Oh no, the heel said a bad thing about the city he's in.

It's not so much all the content in it (though I wouldn't be surprised if something said about the Andre comment) I felt like the promo was perhaps making a jab with the whole booking on Roman. But that is just the way Paul can nuance it. He just knows what to say for the heat.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Like, sure, he's not as good as Bryan by a long shot. But he's done nothing but improve since he came back last December.

That chant was bullshit, and will continue to be bullshit wherever it pops up.

Uhhh...

He wrestles exactly the same.

If anything that's the problem. From his entrance to his ring gear to his move set, everything Roman Reigns does is like he's still in The Shield and has two other guys to work around. That apron dropkick is super cool when it comes from Ambrose or Rollins dropping a guy onto the ropes. When Reigns has to get out of the ring, run around the corner and then perform it it looks more convoluted and telegraphed than the 619 ever did.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I love the idea that Randy Orton refuses to walk to ringside unless they play his music.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Heyman's pandering to the internet without saying anything that would confuse people that only know what WWE tells them. He does it all the time.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I love the idea that Randy Orton refuses to walk to ringside unless they play his music.

And that he doesn't own any pants.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That was a pretty rad Powerbomb

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Heyman, like his friend CM Punk, knows how to lean on the 4th wall without going into "this is a shoot brother" territory.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's no way he wasn't cleared to say anything he said out there, but he has the credibility to say those things and get people like us to go "ooooh, he's saying edgy things that walk the kayfabe line". Which is why he's awesome.

Also, I'm tired of wirehead's relentless positivity, so I'm challenging him to a match at SE++ Pick 'Em WrestleMania! The loser must agree with at least one definitive statement about WWE made by the winner and defend it as if it were their own for the next year!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Yeah, there's no way he wasn't cleared to say anything he said out there, but he has the credibility to say those things and get people like us to go "ooooh, he's saying edgy things that walk the kayfabe line". Which is why he's awesome.

Also, I'm tired of wirehead's relentless positivity, so I'm challenging him to a match at SE++ Pick 'Em WrestleMania! The loser must agree with at least one definitive statement about WWE made by the winner and defend it as if it were their own for the next year!

Well I did agree last week that Raw was mostly terrible.

• Options
    If only Roman Reigns could lift people on his own.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Man....Roman has cool looking eyes. They're almost white.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I looooooove that wink at the camera,

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    okay that spear was pretty great.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    #GiveMainEventersAChance

• Options
    Holy shit that dive.

• Options
    "I think Roman split Rollins in half!

And I'm not exaggerating!"

Cole I defend you sometimes, if only in my own head, but.. no. just no.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Probably should have skipped the part where he ran up the ramp, punched Show a couple times to no effect, then ran back down the ramp to the pile. It reeked of "shoot, got to get to the right spot to get the timing right for this sequence". Everything else was good, though.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options

Do you accept, or are you...a coward?

• Options
    Man, I would resent Reigns' push a lot less if it didn't come with Randy Orton style "I lost the match but it doesn't matter because I hit my finisher after" booking.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

Do you accept, or are you...a coward?

Sure why not.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Seriously though....Randy was perfect there, wink at the camera as walks to the back. It was a perfect way to sell he is setting them up.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
This discussion has been closed.