As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Dragon, Rock the Dragonball [Xenoverse]

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I am having so much trouble wanting to farm stuff. I wish there wasn't so much RNG. It seems all the abilities I want are part of a hidden event in the parallel quest.

Also trying to get Bardock and Broly but the Bardock fight is kind of a pain. I really feel like rerolling my stats to be a ki blast character but I only have 3 dragon balls and this free set of pretty awesome basic attack/strike super gear I got (when the only stuff I could buy was negative to basic attack and strike super) would go to waste.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I am playing this game on Steam. I am playing this game on Steam ALOT.

Went Female Saiyan with Yamcha hair named Gine because I am unoriginal garbage and dumped stats into Ki Blast because Super Saiyan is DOPE.

Random thoughts.

HOLY SHIT Big Bang Attack is so damn good.

I really want Death Ball to be that guy because some of the multi-fights are cheap bordering on absurd but really it's because my build is bad and I don't have one of those fancy get off of me knockbacks that I can use mid combo.

Currently stuck on Teen Gohan's quest(Solo Piccolo, man this is gonna be easy! Solo Vegeta, man this is gonna be reallTRUNKS AND HE'S A SUPER SAIYAN got past th.....oh look, Goku....and Gohan....and they are both SSJ and Goku's AI is hyper-aggressive WELP. )

On the plus side I got SSJ the first time I beat SSJ Goku in multi. I actually had to get real people to fight with because good god his absurd Super Armor was dumb. All super armor on AI characters is dumb WHY CAN'T I HAVE SUPER ARMOR!

Is there anything I should be getting as a Ki Blast based character? Other then Death Ball for Death Ball shenanagins?

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I am playing this game on Steam. I am playing this game on Steam ALOT.

Went Female Saiyan with Yamcha hair named Gine because I am unoriginal garbage and dumped stats into Ki Blast because Super Saiyan is DOPE.

Random thoughts.

HOLY SHIT Big Bang Attack is so damn good.

I really want Death Ball to be that guy because some of the multi-fights are cheap bordering on absurd but really it's because my build is bad and I don't have one of those fancy get off of me knockbacks that I can use mid combo.

Currently stuck on Teen Gohan's quest(Solo Piccolo, man this is gonna be easy! Solo Vegeta, man this is gonna be reallTRUNKS AND HE'S A SUPER SAIYAN got past th.....oh look, Goku....and Gohan....and they are both SSJ and Goku's AI is hyper-aggressive WELP. )

On the plus side I got SSJ the first time I beat SSJ Goku in multi. I actually had to get real people to fight with because good god his absurd Super Armor was dumb. All super armor on AI characters is dumb WHY CAN'T I HAVE SUPER ARMOR!

Is there anything I should be getting as a Ki Blast based character? Other then Death Ball for Death Ball shenanagins?

I don't have Death Ball yet, but

For ultimates
    Weekend, is great, Vacation Delete is good for quick movin' mofos and packs. Special Beam Cannon is godly thanks to being unblockable and relatively fast travelling. Scatter Kamehameha can fill the same slot as Vacation Delete, though against speed it is much less reliable.

For supers
    Milky Cannon. Yeah, you have to mentor under Ginyu, but it is damn awesome. Explodes on contact, slow homing, good radius, and knockback. Death Slicer is good too, since if it misses, or even if it hits, you can cast it again for free to turn the projectile back to the enemy to hit them twice. Light Grenade, or Light something, from Piccollo. Takes a bit to charge up, but hits hard and travels fast. Masenko has a backflip component to give yourself some distance if you need it. God Breaker is a ki blast that counters strike abilities and basic attacks, as well as knockbacks, so you have an answer if people jet into your face.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I just had the dumbest fight in the game so far. I ran out of time. I had to fight Piccolo, Yamcha, and Tien. Then I fought Videl, Hercule, and Majin Buu. Then Vegeta, Kid Trunks, and Future Trunks. Then I fought Goku, Adult Gohan, and Goten. Then I fought SSJ 3 Goku. Then I had to fight SSJ Gotenks. Then Vegito and SSJ3 Gotenks.

I still got a clear for the mission so I some how hit the ultimate finish condition but I got absolutely nothing of worth from all of that. What a massive let down. It really sucks to get a ultimate finish condition and not get anything/not complete it since everything is so random.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I just had the dumbest fight in the game so far. I ran out of time. I had to fight Piccolo, Yamcha, and Tien. Then I fought Videl, Hercule, and Majin Buu. Then Vegeta, Kid Trunks, and Future Trunks. Then I fought Goku, Adult Gohan, and Goten. Then I fought SSJ 3 Goku. Then I had to fight SSJ Gotenks. Then Vegito and SSJ3 Gotenks.

I still got a clear for the mission so I some how hit the ultimate finish condition but I got absolutely nothing of worth from all of that. What a massive let down. It really sucks to get a ultimate finish condition and not get anything/not complete it since everything is so random.

You cleared it but you failed it.

That's what happens when you unlock the Ultimate Finish condition and don't beat it.

On one hand, it's so goddamn annoying to go through all that work, get the reward fight, and it is either balls hard or takes a long time.

On the other hand, it's actually pretty clever, since an Ultimate Finish with the chance for their drops SHOULD be harder, and it's a way for you to replay old missions when you're geared/specced enough to clear it in a decent amount of time.

At least that's how I'm rationalizing the 3 straight times getting the Ultimate Finish correctly for Death Ball and time-outing each time, so I don't explode into a ball of rage.

• Options
    Title card! Subtitle! Cut to Gohan calling Nappa smelly!

I forgot how absurd this show is.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Can you learn the Wolf Fang Fist?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Why would you want to learn wolf fang fist

Its only good for baseball

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Why would you want to learn wolf fang fist?

It's only good for failure.

Did I mention Bulma NOT hooking up with Yamcha is my favorite thing Toriyama never did?

Transporter on
  • Options
    I just had the dumbest fight in the game so far. I ran out of time. I had to fight Piccolo, Yamcha, and Tien. Then I fought Videl, Hercule, and Majin Buu. Then Vegita, Kid Trunks, and Future Trunks. Then I fought Goku, Adult Gohan, and Goten. Then I fought SSJ 3 Goku. Then I had to fight SSJ Gotenks. Then Vegito and SSJ3 Gotenks.

That's what happens when you unlock the Ultimate Finish condition and don't beat it.

On one hand, it's so goddamn annoying to go through all that work, get the reward fight, and it is either balls hard or takes a long time.

On the other hand, it's actually pretty clever, since an Ultimate Finish with the chance for their drops SHOULD be harder, and it's a way for you to replay old missions when you're geared/specced enough to clear it in a decent amount of time.

At least that's how I'm rationalizing the 3 straight times getting the Ultimate Finish correctly for Death Ball and time-outing each time, so I don't explode into a ball of rage.

Yea, I know I failed but it would have been nice to get something from the massive amount of enemies I had to fight in the first place.

It is just really boring to run the same mission over and over and get nothing each time, I like the game but the way to get equipment and abilities is a pain. Most of the time I don't really even fight much. I just maximum charge into SSJ 2 and then I spam the Blue Hurricane ultimate since it does horrifying amounts of damage if I get them locked into it. This also means that it is incredibly detrimental for me to bring teammates with me. I did this mission alone and I absolutely smashed it since I spammed Blue Hurricane, I didn't get the ultimate finish but I still steamrolled it. When I brought teammates I got demolished because I couldn't effectively use Blue Hurricane. I probably would have killed Vegito and Gotenks in the ultimate finish if adult Gohan hadn't shown up to assist me.

I also forgot to mention that during the first Gotenks part of that mission SSJ Vegeta and Goku appear. Did the mission again with two other people and we still failed the ultimate finish. Blue Hurricane is basically worthless when fighting with teammates.

• Options
    I just had the dumbest fight in the game so far. I ran out of time. I had to fight Piccolo, Yamcha, and Tien. Then I fought Videl, Hercule, and Majin Buu. Then Vegita, Kid Trunks, and Future Trunks. Then I fought Goku, Adult Gohan, and Goten. Then I fought SSJ 3 Goku. Then I had to fight SSJ Gotenks. Then Vegito and SSJ3 Gotenks.

Yea, I know I failed but it would have been nice to get something from the massive amount of enemies I had to fight in the first place.

It is just really boring to run the same mission over and over and get nothing each time, I like the game but the way to get equipment and abilities is a pain. Most of the time I don't really even fight much. I just maximum charge into SSJ 2 and then I spam the Blue Hurricane ultimate since it does horrifying amounts of damage if I get them locked into it. This also means that it is incredibly detrimental for me to bring teammates with me. I did this mission alone and I absolutely smashed it since I spammed Blue Hurricane, I didn't get the ultimate finish but I still steamrolled it. When I brought teammates I got demolished because I couldn't effectively use Blue Hurricane. I probably would have killed Vegito and Gotenks in the ultimate finish if adult Gohan hadn't shown up to assist me.

I also forgot to mention that during the first Gotenks part of that mission SSJ Vegeta and Goku appear. Did the mission again with two other people and we still failed the ultimate finish. Blue Hurricane is basically worthless when fighting with teammates.

I'm trying to type a rational response but the thought of Adult Gohan showing up and ruining everything is HILARIOUS.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

Well firstly, Wolf Fang Fist is pretty awesome. Secondly, I don't care if it's actually useless, I still want to learn it; it was one of my favorite moves in the old Tenkaichi Budokai games.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

Well firstly, Wolf Fang Fist is pretty awesome. Secondly, I don't care if it's actually useless, I still want to learn it; it was one of my favorite moves in the old Tenkaichi Budokai games.

I honestly don't know if moves have a base attack damage or if it is entirely dependant on your stats. Given that the Weekend I got in the first like hour of play is still oblitering 1/3 to 1/4 of a health bar at lvl55 I think it is just about your stats. So WFF could totally be useful.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm gonna be max level before I get this 1 item I need to continue my master quest stuff

Edit: I'm doing this with other people and I don't think my brain can handle how devastating their attacks are. It is beautiful.

Edit2: So I just saw the Great Saiyaman and the Great Saiyawoman and they introduced themselves that way but in the game it says Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyaman 2. For real?

Stragint on

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Why would you want to learn wolf fang fist?

It's only good for failure.

Did I mention Bulma NOT hooking up with Yamcha is my favorite think Toriyama never did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN5npdQnLE4

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Duders!

add mojojoeo on steam. We can team up.

The rpg create a character thing is too damn fun....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoqIz62htGQ

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BRO

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT VACATION DELETE BRO.

So I got it. And started spamming it. It is, as the people might say, THE BEST against hyperagressive AI for crowd control SSJ cheapass stunlocking.

Also, HOLY SHIT Gravity Control from Cell. Preempt that shit on AI that get's too close? It Guard breaks, it has a STUPID far knockback/knockdown. It's so cash. And I'm a Saiyan so I can spam it all day fo FREE.

Life is goods.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    the Fighting Bomber ultimate you get from Recoome is pretty great also

But only against the AI because it kind of takes advantage of how dumb they are, since you're immune during the pose animation, and then everything around you is incinerated for a ton of damage

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So, like, what do the races do for you in this game? If you pick human are you just boned?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    nah

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Nah, humans are fine. Each race gets specific benefits, of which SSJ is one for Saiyans sure--but Earthlings specifically get automatic Ki regeneration and bonus physical damage when their Ki is full, so they make arguably the best striker characters with Kaioken.

Humans are facepunchers

Saiyans are glass cannons with lower HP designed to use SSJ for burst damage, but SSJ leaves you at a severe disadvantage if it lapses(Which it will, because it's basically on a timer).

Namekians are agile defenders who get faster regenerating Stamina, allowing them to SHNEW out of the way of stuff more often and use Evasion Skills which are a guaranteed out from combo strings

Majins are brick shithouse tanks, which lends itself to slow-startup specials

Frost Demons are hella fast, both in terms of movement and attack speed, which makes them also very good strikers

In PvE where multiple attackers is a constant threat, Super Saiyan is probably the easiest route for sure. The SSJ buff removes the ki requirement from special moves, so if you're getting attacked by six dudes you can just go gold and spam Ultimate Attacks like Final Flash and Vacation Delete.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    honestly @Stilts , discounting the actual SSJ ability, earthlings are downright the best race

THESPOOKY on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    honestly Stilts , discounting the actual SSJ ability, earthlings are downright the best race

Rad

I will definitely by this game when it inevitably goes on sale for 50% off or something.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who has discovered Vacation Delete. Honestly, I do Vacation Delete, SSJ2 and spam Galick Gun til they're close again. It's cheap, but works with 6+ enemies.

Mastered Vegeta, finally. Gonna do Cell next. Woo!

Fantastic
  • Options
    So I got Spirit Bomb from Goku and it is absolutely devastating and it is only a super attack. Giant Storm is also a very brutal ultimate. The best part is I have zero points into Ki Blasts and my gear has max reduction on Ki Blasts. I plan on switching my stats to Ki Blasts and buying the armor that benefits that since I have 900k Zeni so I expect to utterly destroy everything with Ki Blasts.

I had a lot of fun being a full on Strike based character. Super Drain made sure I had stamina and it counts as a grab so I could do it while the enemy blocked and it is a super strike attack so all good there. Maximum Charge also helped me stay in SSJ 2 for way longer than normal. I am going to turn my Frost Demon character into my Strike based character I think.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    So everytime my Frieza race fights Cell, he says he doesn't need anymore information about the Frost Demons.

Is this from a movie or something? Because Frost Demon sounds a lot better than Frieza race.

It's a reference to a fan webcomic called Dragonball Multiverse

Which is actually really cool

The premise is that a tournament is being held between a bunch of different universes that are based on different what if scenarios

So like in one universe vegeto never de-fused, so bra is insanely strong

Or in another the Saiyans were never conquered by Frieza, which left them primitive and weak

Or then there's one where Majin Buu absorbed every single person in the universe

It helps that the art is a dead ringer for toriyama's

The only kind of iffy thing about it is that it's not originally written in English (I thiiiiiiiink the writer is Brazilian?) and the translation isn't great

But if you can get past that then you should check it out, it's super awesome

I think these are three of the best pages from the webcomic.
    8iTVN70.png
    pBa8xxn.png
    rxeuTfB.png

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    6620apd7r80i.jpg

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Not playing the game but I really like seeing funny characters people made

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    6620apd7r80i.jpg

this is basically my character

except i bought radditz' armor which comes along with a saiyan tail because WHY NOT

so now i'm a saiyan majin

• Options
    finally spelling it "saiyajin" makes sense

• Options
    I'm way too happy that name didn't get filtered

Made my night

• Options
    ...time to test the limits of the name content filter

Heroes of Newerth Beta-style

• Options
    On point in my threads while I listen to the cheering.

sZf5IAB.jpg

• Options
    @Stragint what is that armor

Is it pre-order stuff?

• Options
    Majin Luuke Skywalker

Sailor Muun

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @Stragint what is that armor

Is it pre-order stuff?

Na, I bought it in the clothes store. It is called the 4-Star Dragon Ball Costume. Chest and pants are 100k zeni each and the hands and feet are 80k zeni each.

Edit: Their color can also be changed.

Beerus isn't having any of my non-sense.

gRRpTYL.jpg

Stragint on

• Options
    I'm probably just not where I can buy it yet

That shit is rad

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm probably just not where I can buy it yet

That shit is rad

Yea, it is awesome though its stats are 5 arrows into ki blast and stamina and 5 arrow reduction for basic strike and super strike. Zeni also becomes really easy to get so affording the full set isn't too difficult. I was at 900k when I bought it, got back up to 800k and then went down to 250k buying all of the abilities that were up for sale. I did this all in the last 4 or 5 hours.

Stragint on

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Remember how boudakai 2 had a whole bunch of different non canon fusions

Man that was so cool

Speed Racer on