Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

XBOX 360 Guitar Hero / Rock Band Compatible Guitar?

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
I'm looking for (with any luck) a single guitar that is compatible with both Guitar Hero 2, 3 and Rock Band 1, 2 on the XBOX 360. I lost my own guitar in a move somewhere along the line and I've been looking online, but I'd like to get a single guitar that would work with all games.

Does such a fabled unicorn exist?

I am in the business of saving lives.

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Aren't all Guitar Hero controllers compatible with all Rock Band games? I thought it was the other way around where you run into problems.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I was looking at this, http://www.wired.com/2008/11/official-guitar/, but that was from 2008 and I hoped someone could update to the status of 2015.

Also, those guitars on amazon.com are several hundred dollars each.

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    This chart seems to list all the applicable games/instruments: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_game_accessories

and looking at it, most guitars seem to work with most games, so i would go down to a value village/pawn shop/xcess goods warehouse/salvation army/other discount type store and see if they have any still lying around. Should be able to find one for all of $5 if they still have any on shelves.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    The only thing that isn't compatible would be certain things unique to specific games/franchises. The upper neck tap/solo frets (the ones closer to the guitar body) on a RB Strat aren't going to work as intended for Guitar Hero (but will still work as a second set of frets), while the touch strip from GH:World Tour isn't going to work on any other game.

newSig.jpg
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    You know, I hadn't even thought about Salvation army stores, I bet they totally have one. I'll have to look around.