As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Have you let Goku in to your heart?

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    So why the fuck can the computers activate a move that makes them completely invincible, still plays the sound effects as if you're hitting them, and hits you if you're near them?

Like, they already seem to have 5x my HP the first few missions in; hitting somebody point blank with an ultra and having them explode three times while taking no damage and knocking me around when my ultra ends is incredibly annoying.

You got a case of the Kamehameha's.

Fun fact, Most Ultimate moves make you completly invulnerable on startup, but not during execution.

However, there are exceptions. Most of the CPU Ultimates make them invulnerable for the duration, notoriously, the Kamehameha.

Player's can actually do this, however, I believe only Perfect Kamehameha paired with Cell's final Z-Soul is the only way to get an Ultimate that makes you invulnerable for the duration.

Kind of invulnerable. There are some frames where nothing happens to you, but for many of them, attacks drain stam instead of health. Lose it all and you're in trouble.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I thought blinking during a combo was supposed to position you behind the opponent? Whenever I do it, I just stay in front of them.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm not sure how to control where you blink to.

I usually blink in front of them too. Sometimes I do blink behind them and it is great.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I thought I read somewhere that you can control the direction you blink in, but if you don't pick a direction you just blink in place (which seems less than ideal). I should stop reading about the game, all it does it make me want to play it more, and if I read enough I'll end dropping $50 on a game when I really shouldn't be spending money on frivolous things.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not sure how to control where you blink to.

I usually blink in front of them too. Sometimes I do blink behind them and it is great.

There are certain combos. Use your aura dash and hit them with a light attack. Spam that and you'll knock black and blink behind. You'll blink twice so you can blink light attack blink ultimate/super.

During any other combo string you can tap A (On the xbone, whatever your equivelant is) and you'll blink behind. If you constantly blink in front of them, it is probably because you are hitting them from behind in the first place. They could also be turning to face you.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    milski wrote: »
    So why the fuck can the computers activate a move that makes them completely invincible, still plays the sound effects as if you're hitting them, and hits you if you're near them?

Like, they already seem to have 5x my HP the first few missions in; hitting somebody point blank with an ultra and having them explode three times while taking no damage and knocking me around when my ultra ends is incredibly annoying.

That's just evasive moves. You might not be able to spam it as much, but you can do the same thing. Once you find it.

We talking blinks, now? http://xboxclips.com/TsumiyaKuroneko/4211303f-1342-492a-ac59-cd58b1d89cc8
    Fuck, the good video died, I guess. Here's the other one: http://xboxclips.com/TsumiyaKuroneko/abddb0b0-1c4b-496d-86f2-b3388236fd94

PLA on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    Heads up: if you're having problems with even getting to the single lobby, you can unplug your internets and restart to get around that connection window that won't go away. From there you can get your connection going again and start making lobbies to invite people to.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Oh, found out last night that the Z-Soul I got from Frieza (1st Form) is fucking broke as fuck.

So basically when I should be KO'd it actually gives me back like 1/4 health. Not bad, somewhat useful no doubt.

HOWEVER.

The secondary effect that I recently learned about is that it gives me max Ki permanently for the rest of the mission.

ULTIMATES FOR DAYS YO!

Wait.

WAIT.

Does that offset the SSJ drain?

Because I have this Z-Soul and never used it.

I would also love to know the answer to this. Because if it gives me unlimited SSJ(essentially), I will kick Vegeta to the curb so fast, as soon as Frieza is available to me.

Then I will be real super sand legend!

RESEARCH COMPLETE

IT.

TOTALLY.

WORKS.

I just Vacation Deleted PQ 16. Pop a healing Item and HOLY SHIT, that is broken as hell(Also amazing).

• Options
    Aw, man, jury still out on height and damage. Somebody is missing some variable, but who, and what?

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    So when looking at the character selection screen when you load up the game, it shows plenty of slots but they are all locked. When do you unlock more character creation slots?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    So when looking at the character selection screen when you load up the game, it shows plenty of slots but they are all locked. When do you unlock more character creation slots?
    beat the story.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    beat the story.

That's what I was figuring, but wasn't sure. Thanks!

• Options
    Luckily when you make a new character you still have access to all the stuff you have on your other character.

Clothing, skills, etc.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Aw, man, jury still out on height and damage. Somebody is missing some variable, but who, and what?

The stuff I have seen says height changes health (taller = more) and speed (shorter = faster). Height added like 5% per tick, though the post didn't say how much speed was lost.

With regards to the Frieza (1st Form) Z-Soul, does that now make the female Saiyan the easiest to go through the game first as? I know you can get SSJ fairly early, but how far into the game do you have to be to get the Z-Soul?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So.

I'm starting the game. And I'm trying to do the first Parallel Quest (the tutorial).

Trunks is telling me to go through the gate.

But there's no prompt when I approach the gate, and no buttons do anything.

And Trunks still has an exclamation point over his head no matter how many times I talk to him.

Is this a bug? How do I continue the game?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Oh, found out last night that the Z-Soul I got from Frieza (1st Form) is fucking broke as fuck.

So basically when I should be KO'd it actually gives me back like 1/4 health. Not bad, somewhat useful no doubt.

HOWEVER.

The secondary effect that I recently learned about is that it gives me max Ki permanently for the rest of the mission.

ULTIMATES FOR DAYS YO!

Wait.

WAIT.

Does that offset the SSJ drain?

Because I have this Z-Soul and never used it.

I would also love to know the answer to this. Because if it gives me unlimited SSJ(essentially), I will kick Vegeta to the curb so fast, as soon as Frieza is available to me.

Then I will be real super sand legend!

RESEARCH COMPLETE

IT.

TOTALLY.

WORKS.

I just Vacation Deleted PQ 16. Pop a healing Item and HOLY SHIT, that is broken as hell(Also amazing).

OMG yesssssss

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    So.

I'm starting the game. And I'm trying to do the first Parallel Quest (the tutorial).

Trunks is telling me to go through the gate.

But there's no prompt when I approach the gate, and no buttons do anything.

And Trunks still has an exclamation point over his head no matter how many times I talk to him.

Is this a bug? How do I continue the game?

@Enlong You have to lock on to the gate to be able to interact with it. They really should tell you this, because I've seen a lot of people on livestreams get caught there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thank you.

• Options
    How do I do the thing where you smack an enemy away and then warp to intercept them, continuing the combo?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    How do I do the thing where you smack an enemy away and then warp to intercept them, continuing the combo?

Jump button. Consumes a Stamina bar.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Man, I'm so torn. I've basically narrowed it down to either Male or Female Saiyan. On the one hand, Female hits all the powergamer traits and was what first came to mind when I saw the game. On the other, Male Saiyan has a voice pack by the Team Fourstar guys which basically turns things into a gag dub. Powergaming or goofy shit?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Is there a list somewhere of what/who all the Male and Female voices are? I just picked one randomly on sound for my first character.

• Options
    I know that Male 8 is Team Four Star's voice of Nappa (or Ghost Nappa I suppose), and Female 4 is the voice of that flying cat thing from Fairy Tail. Beyond that I really don't know. IMDB was no help because it just lists the player voices a "Time Patroller" which isn't exactly helpful without numbers and genders attached (in the case of names without a clear gender associated).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I know that Male 8 is Team Four Star's voice of Nappa (or Ghost Nappa I suppose), and Female 4 is the voice of that flying cat thing from Fairy Tail. Beyond that I really don't know. IMDB was no help because it just lists the player voices a "Time Patroller" which isn't exactly helpful without numbers and genders attached (in the case of names without a clear gender associated).

Female 4 is Happy from Fairy Tail, but I don't believe it's a gag dub like Male8.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    imgAxen, Earthling Hero, has saved all of creation. Wooo!

MqaaoTb.jpg
    Make way for Axen Jr. Namekian warrior of legend!

Axen on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I selected Human.

*puts on glasses*

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    KiTA wrote: »
    Man, I'm so torn. I've basically narrowed it down to either Male or Female Saiyan. On the one hand, Female hits all the powergamer traits and was what first came to mind when I saw the game. On the other, Male Saiyan has a voice pack by the Team Fourstar guys which basically turns things into a gag dub. Powergaming or goofy shit?

I went goofy shit because I just had to hear that voice on my first playthrough. I blame Saints Row for making that into a habit.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »

The stuff I have seen says height changes health (taller = more) and speed (shorter = faster). Height added like 5% per tick, though the post didn't say how much speed was lost.

With regards to the Frieza (1st Form) Z-Soul, does that now make the female Saiyan the easiest to go through the game first as? I know you can get SSJ fairly early, but how far into the game do you have to be to get the Z-Soul?

Yeah, that's from the PC-dig, but it's not consistent with practical testing on PS4. Height has some kind of damage-effect, and it's not even overall damage.

• Options
    Eh I'll probably power game for the first character, simply because it should be easier to learn the game with a cheese build than with a goofy character. It seems really easy to get past the low levels on subsequent characters, I watched a Youtube video where a guy took a brand new level 1 character into one of the highest level Parallel Quests (one where you have to collect 3 Dragon Balls and optionally fight some guys) and come out a minute later at level 15.

But hey, maybe you would have more fun going goofball first, that is certainly an option. I mean it's Dragon Ball, how serious are you going to take it? The Team Four Star guys are certainly having fun with their playthrough with a super short, super fat male Majin. They picked male voice 8 because well duh of course they will, and at least up through the first part of Namek you barely have any of the attacks where male voice 8 does the really goofy stuff.

I'm still trying to convince myself to wait for a sale on this game, but every review I have seen so far says that game is a heck of a lot of fun, and also that you should probably use control scheme 3 instead of the default.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cool, poses refresh eachother's durations. And the ones with longer durations give the shorter ones longer durations.
    The posterboy combo right now is the slow and short K assisted by the fast and long E.

• Options
    So couple of things I noticed while playing my new dude.

Holy crap, right out the gate the Namekian feels very different from my Earthling. That is cool.

Holy shit you can use the Mixer to create Z-Souls? Has this always been a thing? HOLY SHIT THESE Z-SOULS ARE FUCKING AMAZING!

Speaking of Z-Souls. They go from "Yeah that is handy" to "Wildly changing everything".

You can make characters that have extremely different fighting styles thanks to stats, skills, and Z-Souls.

New characters have access to everything your old character had access to. Money, clothing, skills, Z-Souls, PQs, unlocked characters, mentors, everything.

And some fun things.

Collect the Shards to unlock Bardock and Broly's story-arcs.

The Dragon Balls can be used to grant the following wishes:

I want money! - 500,000 zeni
    I want a rare item! - Power Pole
    I want to dress up! - Journey to the West style set
    I want to get stronger! - 5x Soul of Resonance, 3x Synthetic Device
    I want to grow! - Level Up
    I want a new Ultimate Attack! - Ultimate Skill (from what I understand this is the only way to get 4 particular Ultimates)
    I want a new Super Attack! - Special Skill (I think this is also the only way to get these Skills)
    I want more usable characters! - Special Character Unlock (Gogeta SS4, Android 17, Omega Shenron)
    I want a second chance at life! - Stat reset
    I want to be drop-dead gorgeous! - Character appearance reset

• Options
    [...]
    I want a new Ultimate Attack! - Ultimate Skill (from what I understand this is the only way to get 4 particular Ultimates)
    I want a new Super Attack! - Special Skill (I think this is also the only way to get these Skills)
    [...]

Correctamundo.

• Options
    Anyone wanna play online or is everyone sleeping right now?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Huh. I was offline, but now apparently even in single player mode I'm connecting to a very, very buggy server.

I just got Vegeta as my Mentor, and when it took me back to the city, it launched me back to the title screen. What gives?

KiTA on
  • Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    Huh. I was offline, but now apparently even in single player mode I'm connecting to a very, very buggy server.

I just got Vegeta as my Mentor, and when it took me back to the city, it launched me back to the title screen. What gives?

Their servers are bunk. Even if you choose single lobby, it still connects to populate your world with player characters, which causes the disconnects. The only way to avoid this is play entirely offline.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I'm level 47 and the Beerus and Whiz battle is still some bullshit, Trunks dies the moment he enters battle and then you get both of them stun locking you, Whiz keeps poking you from behind with his super defense while Beerus spams his balls of doom and pummels you. Guess I'll have to grind a bit more.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    That pick of axen beat up is awesome.

ill be home tonight for some sweet high level pq action

having now played other races- Humans are pretty broken. everything regens all the time.... like... my buu has to stop and charge.....

Thing is..... I kind of like that the CaC builds can be made totally broken. I mean i beat up beerus for gods sake..... I'd better be OP. they should just disallow and CaC from competitive or have a online battles minus cac mode.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Ravelle wrote: »
    I'm level 47 and the Beerus and Whiz battle is still some bullshit, Trunks dies the moment he enters battle and then you get both of them stun locking you, Whiz keeps poking you from behind with his super defense while Beerus spams his balls of doom and pummels you. Guess I'll have to grind a bit more.

Yeah that fight was some shit. I was somewhere in the 50s when I took it on, I think, and it was still a pain. I had to just jet around with a ki autocharger and get lucky.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The damn bonus objective of this Majin Chaos mission doesn't want to activate even when you do it's prerequisites most of the time.

I want my stupid Candy Beam. :(

Edit: And the minute I bitch about it I finally get it.

vagrant_winds on