Options

[MLB]HANK

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    As basically as it can be explained, once a pitcher is in set position, he can't make another movement besides throwing to the plate or else it's a balk.

Or I can just be as wrong as everyone else, what do I know.

Oh wait, I know what I do know. Melancon is done. Done!

Just like Grilli was last year.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Schide wrote: »
    As basically as it can be explained, once a pitcher is in set position, he can't make another movement besides throwing to the plate or else it's a balk.

do you guys want schlitter

• Options
    I'd rather just go to a Schlitterbahn.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    giants better not blow their entire 5 point lead in the top of the 9th... ok good it's over

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Hank is a bad dog

Fuck you Hank stop winning every series 8+ to 1

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    joey votto on pace for 160 RBI, book it

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Melancon is done, velo down by nearly 4 or 5 mph.

Move Watson to the 9th, use Hughes and Bastardo in the 8th and then let Camenero throw the ball through people's heads in the 7th.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Bernie Williams is officially retiring on Friday.

Somehow we've all been time warped back to 2007.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Wait, he isn't officially retired?

• Options

Wait, he isn't officially retired?

I guess not?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Weird

• Options
    Weird

i smell some strategics for a favorable shot at hall of fame selection

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Weird

He was always my favorite of those Yankee teams.

That being said, he doesn't have a shot in hell at making it to the HOF.

• Options
    Weird

He was always my favorite of those Yankee teams.

That being said, he doesn't have a shot in hell at making it to the HOF.

by at least one baseball ref measure he's at least going get some votes... I'm sure he's aware of how hard its going to be, hence waiting 9 years to officially retire

• Options
    He might have a small chance. I doubt it though

• Options
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, he didn't retire and was on his country's WBC team the year after his contract with the Yankees ended.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Might've also played independent ball.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    confession: I don't really understand balk rules

Once you get into set position, you either have to:

1) Pitch to home plate (blah blah "natural motion" blah blah)
    2) Throw to a base
    3) Step backwards off the rubber with his pivot foot

The problem is that these rules are vaguely worded and interpreted loosely (or rather, according to archaic standards). Like, the only explicit part for throwing towards a base is:
    Rule 8.01(c) At any time during the pitcher's preliminary movements and until his natural pitching motion commits him to the pitch, he may throw to any base provided he steps directly toward such base before making the throw.
    Rule 8.01(c) Comment: The pitcher shall step ahead of the throw. A snap throw followed by the step directly toward the base is a balk.

I've seen right-handed pitchers step "backwards" with their lead foot, which most would assume constitutes stepping "directly towards such base before making the throw", and yet get called for a balk because they didn't turn enough or pivot their upper body to the umpire's liking or something.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I love you Jose Abreu

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

So basically the Angels are going to trade for Melancon and have him do admirably in a 7th inning role now, like they did with Grilli last year?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

So basically the Angels are going to trade for Melancon and have him do admirably in a 7th inning role now, like they did with Grilli last year?

Probably. Who's your worst reliever so I know what we're getting?

• Options

Probably. Who's your worst reliever so I know what we're getting?

Fernando Salas is currently the jackass in the pen I hate the most that Scoscia can't stop playing so probably him.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Yelich is destined for a stint on the DL it looks like.

• Options
    Yelich is destined for a stint on the DL it looks like.

You should drop him for Josh Collmenter.

• Options
    Nobody needs a 1st or 3rd basemen? I'm a little overloaded right now. Bryant and Arenado are untouchable but I've still got Chase Headley, Ryan Zimmerman, Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder, and Kendrys Morales available. Make me an offer guys.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Nobody needs a 1st or 3rd basemen? I'm a little overloaded right now. Bryant and Arenado are untouchable but I've still got Chase Headley, Ryan Zimmerman, Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder, and Kendrys Morales available. Make me an offer guys.

I'll unblock you on Twitter for Zimmerman

• Options
    Raijin I can't believe you dropped future All Star Drew Pomeranz.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options

I'll unblock you on Twitter for Zimmerman

So what do I get?

• Options
    Raijin I can't believe you dropped future All Star Drew Pomeranz.

We had a falling out

• Options
    It would be nice if anyone other than Nelson Cruz, would hit home runs for my team.

This season is the worst.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    So Bautista might end up on the DL for after hurting his shoulder trying to be a dick and attempting to throw out Delmon Young on a base hit.

Ha.

• Options
    Why is making a baseball play being a dick? If he gets him out its an out. Sounds like its worth a shot if the guy's slow enough.

• Options
    David Price, what have you done to me?

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Why is making a baseball play being a dick? If he gets him out its an out. Sounds like its worth a shot if the guy's slow enough.

He didn't have a shot. There was all sorts of baby-time dramas at last night's game, on all sides.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2015_04_21_balmlb_tormlb_1&mode=video&content_id=84064183&tcid=vpp_copy_84064183

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    HOLY SHIT - My first lead of the season!

• Options
    I guess I can say I've been in every matchup until the end at least.

• Options
    David Price, what have you done to me?

He's just being David price

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Right time for a Wong double imho

This discussion has been closed.