Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

[MLB]HANK

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Ok, looking over my keeper situation I am definitely going to have to make some offseason trades.

Trade to announce:

Angry receives Bryce Harper

Schide receives Francisco Liriano and the ghost of Billy Hamilton's hype.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Seems legit

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Ok, looking over my keeper situation I am definitely going to have to make some offseason trades.

Let's do it!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I agree with the current player.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Had a bit of an idea tonight about the league, specifically, a way to bring about a bit more balance, theoretically. Also a way to punish winning, but that's just a fortunate side effect.

It's simple, when a team finishes in the finals, the following year they get one less keeper. Additionally the effect is cumulative, finish in the top 2 for 2 straight years, lose 2 keepers, 3 straight, 3 keepers. Reset it when you don't finish in the finals.

And yes, I am suggesting it go into effect next year, meaning both Maximum and I would only get 6 keepers next year. Too wacky, too drastic? I dunno, just a simple idea. The downside is obvious, but on the bright side I'd get to make more draft picks.

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    I have no issues with this and it would make things infinitely more challenging while not affecting the vast majority.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If you want more draft picks I'll trade you a few of mine for Mike Trout.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Had a bit of an idea tonight about the league, specifically, a way to bring about a bit more balance, theoretically. Also a way to punish winning, but that's just a fortunate side effect.

It's simple, when a team finishes in the finals, the following year they get one less keeper. Additionally the effect is cumulative, finish in the top 2 for 2 straight years, lose 2 keepers, 3 straight, 3 keepers. Reset it when you don't finish in the finals.

And yes, I am suggesting it go into effect next year, meaning both Maximum and I would only get 6 keepers next year. Too wacky, too drastic? I dunno, just a simple idea. The downside is obvious, but on the bright side I'd get to make more draft picks.

That's actually a cool idea

For everyone other than myself.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

I don't...how? How are they so perfect at being the fucking worst

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

I like this.

I do kind of like that. It puts some guys back on the board, and it doesn't cost the people who win their top tier players, so they're not going right in the shitter.

Please let the Dodgers tank this. It will make me so happy.

edited September 2015
    I like that rule change but I also know I'm looking at it from the perspective of it not impacting me negatively at all.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I like that rule change but I also know I'm looking at it from the perspective of it not impacting me negatively at all.

Ever.

Ever.

I won the first year!

Lucas Duda has been on fire

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I like the idea. I get a little queasy about the idea of directly punishing success as opposed to rules that deal with the causes of success... But if this is something that will pass then we can definitely vote on it.

If our two dynasty teams (max and schide) both support it then we'd make it a 2/3 passing threshold instead of a 3/4

I hate it, but it'll pass regardless of my opinion. I'd like a cap on the penalty, at least.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think having players be unkeepable after a period is a better solution, punishing winning is dumb, but don't take away all players, just take away one player and let them keep the slot

Cap it at 2 methinks.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I support a cap of 2

Rizzo's been hit 30 times, making him a 30-30 guy, by certain metrics

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I kept seeing he's the 2nd player (or maybe it was 2nd Cub?) to ever have 30hr and 30hbp in the same season.

I'm happy for you guys, a large continent of Pirate fans always rooted for Toronto too when we were good awful.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Barring a ridiculous miracle, Toronto just clinched the the AL East.

Man, I've been waiting 22 years for this. I'm so happy.

Wonder how many starters aren't going to play for the second game of the doubleheader.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    They already released the second game line up and the answer is almost none of them are playing.

What a run, what a year.

No matter what happens this season has been incredible and I'm glad I got to experience it.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Wow, that's quite a lineup for game 2.

Could probably still beat the Braves.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    If the Blue Jays even had mediocre pitching all season they would have won 110 games

If the Blue Jays even had mediocre pitching all season they would have won 110 games

Heck you could say that about the last three or four years.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Wow, Odor has got to be suspended for that slide.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    It was a good try Twins

with all the ups and downs this year, finally getting eliminated from playoff contention in the second to last game of year is pretty good

Scherzer just threw his second no hitter of the season.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    17 Ks and no walks.

God. DAMN.

Last pint: What Fresh Beast '24 / Breakside - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    He's going to be scary in the playoffs... Oh wait...

This discussion has been closed.