As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THIS THREAD IS OVER! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I'd like to apologize for saying FAST should've been F-Zero. I didn't realize it was a third-party. In retrospect, that was like someone saying Freedom Planet should've just been a Sonic game.

Though clearly Nintendo knows the game exists and would like to promote it. It would help both Nintendo and Shin'en if Nintendo had a few people from SPD come in and say "hey, give us some renderings of F-Zero characters. If you can model them right, we'll help fund this and make it into an F-Zero game." Sells more as an F-Zero game for Shin'en, Nintendo gets some good will.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    I'd like to apologize for saying FAST should've been F-Zero. I didn't realize it was a third-party. In retrospect, that was like someone saying Freedom Planet should've just been a Sonic game.

Though clearly Nintendo knows the game exists and would like to promote it. It would help both Nintendo and Shin'en if Nintendo had a few people from SPD come in and say "hey, give us some renderings of F-Zero characters. If you can model them right, we'll help fund this and make it into an F-Zero game." Sells more as an F-Zero game for Shin'en, Nintendo gets some good will.

I think the issue is it might NOT sell more as an F-Zero game. Racing as a genre isnt huge at the moment

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    OK, tried some Nindies.

Rive was chaotic fun, but my god jumping with the left trigger is kind of awkward. You keep trying to hit other buttons.

Typoman: Had a few performance issues, but I like the concept and the puzzles are pretty interesting.

Runbow: I go back and forth. It's pretty fun, but the physics occasionally seem a bit wonky, like sometimes you get stuck on inclines which makes a few parts unduly frustrating. Speedrunners will have a blast I think.

I will sing the praises of Typoman. In addition to loving the idea, I tweeted out that HALT, SLOW, WAIT, and STOP all work for that one puzzle but some other words don't, and the creator tweeted back that he would add them to the list.

I wasn't even sure that STILL should work, but apparently it will.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Xenoblade is live again on the Treehouse stream. At the end, they're gonna show a video with some English voiceovers.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    At the end, they're gonna show a video with some English voiceovers.

I fear my hopes are going to be crushed then.

Still, let me treasure them for a few minutes more.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHO5i2ucfLo

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Maybe they brought back the brits?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Maybe they brought back the brits?

The game is set in New Los Angeles, so no.

• Options
    Oh right. Drat. Maybe at least for the nopons.

• Options
    That VA isn't bad at all. Sounds like people I've heard before, actually, I couldn't say who though.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Only Elma and Lin so far, but yeah, they sounded good. Didn't recognize the voice actors though.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    A lack of Britishness would really colour my experience with the game.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    That VA isn't bad at all. Sounds like people I've heard before, actually, I couldn't say who though.

I was like 90% sure one of those was Hynden Walch (Starfire, Princess Bubblegum, Viridi in Kid Icarus, a million other voices :P)

Edit: The character was Lin

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    A lack of Britishness would really colour my experience with the game.

I see what you did there :D

• Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if they used British voice actors for some of the alien races.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Pretty sure Elma is Tara Platt (Mitsuru in Persona)

They sound pretty good

Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options

They sound pretty good

Oh right, that did sound like her.

Good choice if it that is the case.

• Options

They sound pretty good

That's probably right. The voice was super familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ok, that is 100% Tara Platt (I actually recognized her as Temari from Naruto :))

I think I am right about Hynden Walch too - it sounds like she's mixing her Starfire/Bubblegum voice with Viridi

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    They're showing Fatal Frame on the stream right now and I continue to be baffled that it was completely absent from the direct

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I would say "it's too Japanese for Americans" but they showed that trailer for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei X Boob Jiggle, so I dunno.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Today's stream is a lot of really interesting and cool stuff one after another. Steamworld Heist looked like a must-buy, 2D XCOM or something! Typoman was great. Fire Emblem Fates up again taking another path through the story.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh they are showing the Mario Maker course I played at Best Buy

Edit: Bah, didn't even make it to the end. Also they kept missing the ? Mushroom at the start

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I would say "it's too Japanese for Americans" but they showed that trailer for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei X Boob Jiggle, so I dunno.

Well, from the sound of it, it's pretty fucking disturbing. Like, I've heard people discuss if the game should have a content warning and shit.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Oh they are showing the Mario Maker course I played at Best Buy

Edit: Bah, didn't even make it to the end. Also they kept missing the ? Mushroom at the start

I knew that was it from the description!

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Three hundred sixty-three days until the next Treehouse Livestream. :(

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    Unless they do a few scattered ones like they did last year and earlier this year. Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    The Treehouse Livestreams were easily my favorite part of E3 last year and this year, and keep me more engaged than anything E3 has ever done before. Its nice to be able to bow in and out and see some new stuff for a few days.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Damn you Best Buy, why do you hire morons as customer service? I was trying to ask if I could get the Mario Maker pin set by pre-ordering through their website (it was never really clear if you had to do it in-store during that event or not). This was the reply:
    Thank you for choosing Best Buy.

I understand you'd like to know if you can have Super Mario Maker 7 button set if you will pre order two games online or at the store. Let me check it for you.

After going through our inventory, it shows that the games is only available for pre order online and not available at the store.

You may also visit our website periodically to check on the item's availability.

For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Lovely
    Best Buy Customer Care

But... but... that wasn't even my question. *sigh* I may just go for it...

• Options
    I'm gonna go there on Saturday. Hope the line stays short, as i need to meet my parents for dinner early-ish too.

See if they can't sell me on this.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    I'm gonna go there on Saturday. Hope the line stays short, as i need to meet my parents for dinner early-ish too.

See if they can't sell me on this.

It was really short on Wednesday, though Saturday is a weekend so maybe more people will show up? (I'm sure it also depends on location though) I would recommend going early so you can get a good place in line (especially if you need to leave by a certain time - each demo is ~3 minutes so multiply that by how many people will be in front of you).

I went an hour early on Wed. and was 4th in line (probably could have been 1st or 2nd but she just handed the couple of us that were there a bunch of wrist straps kind of randomly and I didn't bother to look at the number until I had grabbed one. Honestly, that close together it doesn't even matter tho :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Taramoor wrote: »
    edzepp wrote: »
    OK, tried some Nindies.

Rive was chaotic fun, but my god jumping with the left trigger is kind of awkward. You keep trying to hit other buttons.

Typoman: Had a few performance issues, but I like the concept and the puzzles are pretty interesting.

Runbow: I go back and forth. It's pretty fun, but the physics occasionally seem a bit wonky, like sometimes you get stuck on inclines which makes a few parts unduly frustrating. Speedrunners will have a blast I think.

I will sing the praises of Typoman. In addition to loving the idea, I tweeted out that HALT, SLOW, WAIT, and STOP all work for that one puzzle but some other words don't, and the creator tweeted back that he would add them to the list.

I wasn't even sure that STILL should work, but apparently it will.

Oh, that's cool. So it really comes down to how many words you know.

Yeah, I really do like Typoman. The fact that the environments are so dark make it a bit hard to spot your character sometimes, and there are a few performance issues that I hope they'll fix, but I think I'll buy the full thing when it's out.

I still have to try forma 8.

edzepp on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Damn you Best Buy, why do you hire morons as customer service? I was trying to ask if I could get the Mario Maker pin set by pre-ordering through their website (it was never really clear if you had to do it in-store during that event or not). This was the reply:
    Thank you for choosing Best Buy.

I understand you'd like to know if you can have Super Mario Maker 7 button set if you will pre order two games online or at the store. Let me check it for you.

After going through our inventory, it shows that the games is only available for pre order online and not available at the store.

You may also visit our website periodically to check on the item's availability.

For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Lovely
    Best Buy Customer Care

But... but... that wasn't even my question. *sigh* I may just go for it...

It may just be Canada, but my understanding was that was the only way to get it -- by going online and pre-ordering on their website, I mean.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I've tried opening Typoman a couple times and it decides to...not, each time. Maybe I'll delete and redownload. Otherwise, I played Runbow, Rive, and Soul Axiom. Rive was actually pretty cool, I see a lot of potential for it. Runbow seems okay as a party game, but it reminded me too much of a slower, clunkier, less amusing Speed Runners. Soul Axiom is a game that has a lot of promise in the concept, but if the demo is at all a sign of things to come, will be pretty bad. Lousy controls, poor graphics, not much to do.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'm pretty late to getting around to this but Retro Remix is pretty fuckin' rad!

I had to have a taste of old school Mario after watching so much Super Mario Maker footage.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    My final analysis on Nintendo's E3 this year is that, yeah, the Digital Direct Event was a disappointment. Fortunately, I'd already lowered my expectations since there was no reason to believe that they had another Splatoon in the wings. I did think that they were going to announce something by Retro, and I'm kind of confused that they didn't.

On the other hand, if we take the surrounding material as part of their E3 event, we also got Roy's return to Smash Brothers, and the goddamned Super Mario of fighting games, Ryu, as DLC. And the Nintendo World Championships demonstrated the appeal of Super Mario Maker in the best possible way.

So... my opinion really hasn't moved one way or the other. Nintendo still makes quirky games, there's plenty of stuff I'm looking forward to on their console, and I'm pretty confident it's going to stay that way. :smile:

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Something about Chrom being a Persona in that FE crossover game is hilarious to me.

• Options
    Something about Chrom being a Persona in that FE crossover game is hilarious to me.

His memetic butt monkey status since Robin's Smash Bros video might have something to do with that.

• Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    My final analysis on Nintendo's E3 this year is that, yeah, the Digital Direct Event was a disappointment. Fortunately, I'd already lowered my expectations since there was no reason to believe that they had another Splatoon in the wings. I did think that they were going to announce something by Retro, and I'm kind of confused that they didn't.

On the other hand, if we take the surrounding material as part of their E3 event, we also got Roy's return to Smash Brothers, and the goddamned Super Mario of fighting games, Ryu, as DLC. And the Nintendo World Championships demonstrated the appeal of Super Mario Maker in the best possible way.

So... my opinion really hasn't moved one way or the other. Nintendo still makes quirky games, there's plenty of stuff I'm looking forward to on their console, and I'm pretty confident it's going to stay that way. :smile:

And the treehouse stream is once again a great way to get a good look at the next year's releases. The championships and treehouse and muppets redeem the lackluster presentation imo.