As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Crota's Beginning: Fundamentally Unlike Disneyland.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I like the Graverobber best of the legendary bikes, but I much prefer my normal grey speeder with green contrail.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    XgCMeF0.jpg

This one is my favorite sparrow colorwise, I wish this thing could gain the supercharged turbo that Graverobber and Timebreaker have.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    What Sparrow is that? I can't find anything in the database that has red "arms" like that

EDIT: Ah, I see it's the "S-30C Phoenix" that you can buy from the Crucible Quartermaster. Its icon has gray "arms" though.

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Anyone raiding tonight? I'd like to do HM Vault of Glass and NM/HM Crota.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I want to get the all-white sparrow from the quartermaster, but it costs 175 vanguard marks and holy shit that is expensive.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    What Sparrow is that? I can't find anything in the database that has red "arms" like that

EDIT: Ah, I see it's the "S-30C Phoenix" that you can buy from the Crucible Quartermaster. Its icon has gray "arms" though.

A lot of the speeder icons don't match their actual textures.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I want to get the all-white sparrow from the quartermaster, but it costs 175 vanguard marks and holy shit that is expensive.

Yeah, it's expensive for sure. Worth it for the Chatterwhite + White Sparrow combo, though!

Oh, and the Speaker has Strength of the Pack again! Since I don't have the IB cloak, and since I don't care about ranking up IB this week, I'm about to throw that on and complete my White Wolf ensemble!

Dinner first, then coming on to Nightfall & Coinfall.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I have nothing else to spend my marks on, aside from maybe materials, and I had no idea there was a white sparrow.

Hrm............

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I don't want this

o8ubrek1cnv9.jpg

I really want this

mu1uwpib4lq5.jpg

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I have nothing else to spend my marks on, aside from maybe materials, and I had no idea there was a white sparrow.

Hrm............

My thought was to grab that and then use either the purple or green drives from xur to see how it would look, but that is a pretty big investment, especially when I already have a stunt scooter for goofing around and a timebreaker for when I gottagofast.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The tumbler looks amazing, although I didn't know there was an all-white bike.

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I need nightfalls and weekly...anyone else?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Vorpal wrote: »
    I need nightfalls and weekly...anyone else?

Yerp

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Join on me and skyknyt for the nightfall!

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Suck it hard mode Crota! Eat sword! Motorboat Kitten took down HM Crota without our usual swordbearer!

I've never actually survived the whole fight as swordbearer on normal, but I was able to sword Crota on HM after only a few tries!

Hardest part was actually that jump up to Crota's ledge. MVP is actually my sister for teaching me the secret to making that stupid jump (hold down the button). Huge thanks to @Erevar for his excellent sword tips.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I'll be around all evening doing IB, so if there are any groups going count me in.

And now I'm getting a series of marionberry and baboon errors. Great. Just great.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Does anyone know what Xur will sell this werkend? I haven't found any interest to play this week, so I have only 6 coins.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Anyone on 360 feel like throwing together a VoG normal raid this weekend if we're all not too busy bananarammering up?

My buddy wants to try it out as he's getting tired of nothing but Strikes right now... I think he's 26? I'm sure we can carry him through a normal raid, right?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Suck it hard mode Crota! Eat sword! Motorboat Kitten took down HM Crota without our usual swordbearer!

I've never actually survived the whole fight as swordbearer on normal, but I was able to sword Crota on HM after only a few tries!

Hardest part was actually that jump up to Crota's ledge. MVP is actually my sister for teaching me the secret to making that stupid jump (hold down the button). Huge thanks to @Erevar for his excellent sword tips.

Truly a magnificent effort. I'm taking credit for a timely death to give you that final push. @Brogey for keeping a cool "we've got this guys" attitude.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in Nightfall this evening? PS4.

PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    crota swording is a lot of fun

I only did it the once and miss it a bit

not enough to voluntarily do CE again right now, but maybe someday

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Hey, I know no one is probably down, but is anyone interested in helping a lvl 26 through normal VOG? Asking for a friend who could use easy armor drops.
    Psn : Billyidle_
    Thanks!!!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Was cool to beat Crota without relying on @Erevar this time.

I apparently got a 2nd Crux of Crota off that Hard Mode Crota kill, why cant I give this thing away to someone else in the Fireteam?

http://xboxclips.com/Sirialis/b41b840d-6590-44a8-93c3-312ea0c3ffe6

I cant even see a point in making another Necrochasm, that thing is a joke weapon.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know what Xur will sell this werkend? I haven't found any interest to play this week, so I have only 6 coins.

Can we spoiler it? It seems dumb, but I enjoy the surprise even if it's heartache most of the time.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Hey, I know no one is probably down, but is anyone interested in helping a lvl 26 through normal VOG? Asking for a friend who could use easy armor drops.
    Psn : Billyidle_
    Thanks!!!

If you're still looking, yeah I'll help.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Can we spoiler it? It seems dumb, but I enjoy the surprise even if it's heartache most of the time.

I guess we find out this week if that patch worked or not? Wasn't that kinda the point of last week's update to be able to work on back end stuff so we wouldn't know days in advance?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I had a pretty weird match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkLKzXxpyoA

They got one point, and never attempted to leave that spot. 4 defender Titans putting their bubbles in the same place; they had one gunslinger and one voidwalker, who would pop out of there with supers to get some kills and more orbs for the Titans, who were also feeding each other orbs. It was pain to deal with, on a team full of randoms.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Strength of the Wolf on the bad side of Blind Watch? There's a sight I'll never see again!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The Destiny phone app updated, you should be able to check Xur's wares from that tomorrow. Make sure you get the update before he shows up.

Pretty decent start on the Banner tonight, got to Rank 1.75 in just a short bit. Titan punch feels like it has no lunge and therefore sucks terribly, but having two Lightning Grenades (thanks Armamentarium) definitely feels like some kind of cheating.

Edit: Geth... agrees that it is cheating? I guess he would know...

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I'm 360-ish points into IB level 2. Randoms are almost always horrible. Blind Watch - we take C, we take B, we lose because the idiots don't know how to defend B, so they decide to take A without even trying to go back to B, which gives the other team C. Oy....

In a blow out win, I was able to take C solo in Rusted Lands through a mix of double fire grenades, melee, and someone Vanquisher rounds to the chest, then I was able to hold it solo by popping Radiance and spamming grenades. Felt pretty awesome. Did the same on Time's Shore (or whatever the one on Venus is called) with B.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Xur:
    Mk 44 Stand asides (115 Str)
    Mask of the third man (100 Int)
    Apotheis Veil (114 Dis)
    Hard Light
    Helmet Engram

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Nice, I haven't got a Hard Light yet :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    apotheosis veil is pretty good

looks like nothing i really need this week though

edit: wait

maybe that hunter helm

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Oh man
    I want that hunter helm
    and I want that gun

Does anyone want to play in 12 hours

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Hawkmoon might be the most OP gun in the game.. I just can't find a counter for it's to-shot kill.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Mask of the third man? Yes! I remember buying up a bunch of helmet engrams hoping for it, but ending up with every missing exotic helmet but that! The health regen on orb pickup will be great for HM Crota and the bladedancer perk will be great all the time. Definitely picking this up.

For anyone doing HM Crota, apotheosis veil is great. I haven't actually used mine yet for HM Crota, but when I was wearing light beyond nemesis I remember multiple situations where that extra health regen perk would've been very useful.

Stand asides are kind of fun in crucible but not really vital. They're worth picking up if you like to shoulder charge all things, but I'm pretty used to how long the current charge lasts so I don't use it much.

I have a hard light and haven't unlocked its last perk yet, but it's unimpressive and I doubt its last perk (shots ricochet off walls) will do much to improve it. Worth picking up for completionists but I can't recommend it for anyone tight on coins.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Hard Light might be my missing exotic. Well, that and the bounties I'm saving for the next DLC (Bad Juju, Thorn). Also I sharded my Pocket Infinity and my Plan C because of Murmur as well as Dragon's Breath (because it stinks).

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm saving DB for a special occasion....

Namely a Solar burn Nexus run.

Edit: Pocket Rocket gets used for the Fusion 2-for-1 bounties.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Hard Light and Mask of the Third Man get me so very close to finishing my exotic collection. There's no way you could get me to upgrade all of these guns or armor, but I like seeing them in my vault.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
This discussion has been closed.