Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Coregrounds looking for beta testers (PVP tower defense game)

TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
Coregrounds_Screenshot_13_1.png

Hey guys,

I am looking for beta testers for my game Coregrounds, which is currently in closed beta phase.

Coregrounds is a free-to-play indie PVP tower defense game and the love child of the tower defense and MOBA genres.

• tower defense gameplay: you build walls and towers, send minions and use abilities - except unlike other PVP tower defense games Coregrounds is played 1v1 on a shared map
  • MOBA-style tactical depth: you pick the towers and minions for each match, adapting to and countering your opponent's picks
  • long-term motivation: leaderboards, ranked mode, achievements, unlocking towers, minions, abilities and more with ingame currency

You can watch a gameplay trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO65KwesA00

If you want to play, go here: https://coregrounds.com/player/create

I'm looking forward to your feedback! :-)

• CG_EchoCG_Echo BerlinRegistered User new member
    Any kind of feedback is appreciated: especially if you think you don't like the game, leave a comment and say why! ;-)

Coregrounds has gotten a huge update recently and I wanted to show you guys the progress I've made:

slide_1.gif

With this update, I've added all kinds of cool features to the game. It's now HD, it has colors to choose from, has a mean new AI to play against all day long - and many more little things. It's much more beautiful now, as you can see from the following screenshot showing before and after the update:

beforeafter.png

You can see the full changelog here: https://coregrounds.com/news/patch-notes-090-huge-hd-update

And of course I would be proud to welcome you to the Coregrounds! ;-)

edited July 2015
    gn6d9o2nf2iq.png

I've released a new patch which does not only contain 5 new units and abilities, but also a ton of important bugfixes and balancing changes. I've also added keyboard shortcuts to the game, as requested by several players from the top of the leaderboards... ;-) Thanks to the splendid feedback from the community, the Coregrounds are slowly but steadily evolving and becoming more and more awesome!

xj0st02vv6o7.png

ADDED NEW TOWER FACTORY: FREEZER - The Freezer is a AOE tower that both slows the movement and the attack speed of all enemies hit. The freeze amount is upgradable from 10% to 50%.

ADDED NEW MINION FACTORY: STUNNER - The Stunner is a moderately tanky minion that has no attack but will trigger an AOE stun on death (much like the tankbomb, just with a stun instead of an explosion).

ADDED NEW ABILITY: STUN - This ability will stun all enemies in range for 3 seconds.

ADDED NEW ABILITY: SHIELD - Shields all allies in range, making them invulnerable for 3 seconds.

ADDED NEW ABILITY: FRENZY - Will increase the attack speed of all allies in range by 100% for 5 seconds.

You can see the full patch notes here: https://coregrounds.com/news/patch-notes-094-huge-content-update

Thanks for reading - and see you on the Coregrounds!

CG_Echo on