Options

[Wrestling] The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Ladders from Mars

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I was thinking maybe we'll find out tonight that he was offered a commissioner or GM position or something by Triple H.

But still, no idea how losing last night would play into that. And I can't imagine Sting would want that schedule to begin with.

Not only that, but even if they did shake hands and make up, I cant imagine Sting now suddenly being on HHH's side to be GM on Raw for him

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Once they made that a Monday Night Wars thing, they weren't going to end with Sting coming out on top.

Yeah, and tbh I really didn't want a throwback to the Monday Night Wars. I thought the match was doing well progressing as it was with the two of them. Really felt over-booked there. It was really one of the few blemishes on the night for me as I've been a big Sting fan for so long. I can understand why they did it but considering it was being touted as "I'm not fighting for WCW" I didn't think they would have made it a WCW vs WWE thing.

Also, I was totally expecting the NWO to come out to turn on Sting or just help DX.

I did like that it was Shawn that turned the tide in HHH's favour though. I have a feeling that was one of the ways that made Sting comfortable with it as they are apparently good friends IRL.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think they said Sting's on a super limited schedule. I can't imagine him sticking around past tonight, aside from maybe next year's Mania build.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Here's a cool little write-up about Hayley Jane and the costumes she makes for Chikara.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I don't think Sting is going to stick around in the sense of being on the regular roster.

But I absolutely expect them to tease Sting/Taker for next year on tonight's Raw.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Sting recently said this was "more than likely" his last match but if he had a really positive experience with this he'd reconsider doing some more matches if asked.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Once they made that a Monday Night Wars thing, they weren't going to end with Sting coming out on top.

Yeah, and tbh I really didn't want a throwback to the Monday Night Wars. I thought the match was doing well progressing as it was with the two of them. Really felt over-booked there. It was really one of the few blemishes on the night for me as I've been a big Sting fan for so long. I can understand why they did it but considering it was being touted as "I'm not fighting for WCW" I didn't think they would have made it a WCW vs WWE thing.

Also, I was totally expecting the NWO to come out to turn on Sting or just help DX.

I did like that it was Shawn that turned the tide in HHH's favour though. I have a feeling that was one of the ways that made Sting comfortable with it as they are apparently good friends IRL.

It's honestly kind of impossible for them not to make it a throwback to that era.

• Options
    Taker vs Sting, with both officially retiring, could sell Mania next year by itself.

• Options
    oh dang it I didn't know Extreme Rules was in Chicago this year

now I want to figure out how to get to that show

• Options
    I know it's not the most popular opinion but I'm really looking forward to Taker retiring.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Taker vs Sting, with both officially retiring, could sell Mania next year by itself.

If they do this

I want a special effects horseshit extravaganza

I want them to shoot crows and lightning at each other like a fucking kamehameha battle

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Gonmun wrote: »

It's honestly kind of impossible for them not to make it a throwback to that era.

I totally agree that there would obviously be a lot of comparison's and what not to the MNW but I just think it could have been more...muted I guess? Just felt off when one guy clearly says "This isn't about WCW for me" and then all of a sudden it turns into a nostalgic DX vs NWO mid-way through the match. But like many have said, that's more of an over-booking thing I think.

EDIT**

Also, if they were going to make it a nostalgia fest I would have liked it if they had Sting come out to his old Crow theme. Get an orchestra like in the WWE 2k15 reveal and go the whole way.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    I know it's not the most popular opinion but I'm really looking forward to Taker retiring.

No, I agree

I pretty much like the undertaker because of his special effects

He's not like a bad wrestler or anything but they have other people that can fill that now and his matches are slow and I don't want him to get seriously hurt

I thought the Bray match was fine but I would like one ridiculous, insane special effects match and then just let him go, its time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also the Taker bell was in the little trailer they did for next year's mania so that might just be his last match, idk

• Options
    the spectacle of a sting/taker match is easily the biggest point in its favor

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my headcanon is that sting lost because he had no answer to shawn michaels

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

Yeah, they were outnumbered 4 vs 5. :)

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

Where was Flair! Where was Booker! Where was Goldberg!

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Where was Flair! Where was Booker! Where was Goldberg!

Getting ready to fight for Glory.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

He should have had Flair there.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Network passed 1.3 mil subs, 97% increase from this time last year

NXT Live specials being advertised as "monthly"

Another free Network month in April

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Look at it this way, Sting not having Flair there is proof that even Sting can learn.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

He should have had Flair there.

flair can't fight shawn though

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Hopefully all good news

The Network is so awesome you guys

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Ric Flair said it best on Axxess a couple of days ago, "there's no way H is losing four years in a row"

He also said he was thinking of helping Trip

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Looks like I'm going to cancel after all... and then re-up the next day. :)

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Kevin Owens theme is perfect for him I think

• Options

Oooooh I don't know about that.

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    Ric Flair said it best on Axxess a couple of days ago, "there's no way H is losing four years in a row"

He also said he was thinking of helping Trip

ric flair wasn't paying attention when he beat brock at mania

• Options
    Also monthly live Jericho podcasts

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Also Enzo and Big Cass are literally perfect and I will hate WWE forever if they ever make them breakup

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I didn't have some kind of Chicken Fry fever dream yesterday did I?

Seth Rollins is the WWE Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Funny thing is I was asking my dad this morning in an e-mail what he thought of Hogan and Sheik during his return in 91 92, I was like six. I was a huge hulkamaniac.

Apparently he was rooting for the Sheik because Hogan was 'annoying' 'kind of a prick as a good guy' and 'never seemed to lose the big one.'

Seems like some things never change!

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Also I can't believe Cali was known for having dead crowds some years back.

Well that mania crowd and tonight's raw crowds aren't California crowds they are a international hardcore crowd.

California crowds are OK at best. No where near the northeast and Chicago crowds.

Toronto crowds :(

fuck WWE :(

Agreed. Toronto crowds rock.
    They deserve a big ppv

As someone who was at SummerSlam 2003 and participated in The Wave, I'm sorry for apparently ruining things.

Also, I'm not sorry, because JBL-Taker was boring as fuck and they deserved every second of our scorn.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Also I can't believe Cali was known for having dead crowds some years back.

Well that mania crowd and tonight's raw crowds aren't California crowds they are a international hardcore crowd.

California crowds are OK at best. No where near the northeast and Chicago crowds.

Toronto crowds :(

fuck WWE :(

Agreed. Toronto crowds rock.
    They deserve a big ppv

As someone who was at SummerSlam 2003 and participated in The Wave, I'm sorry for apparently ruining things.

Also, I'm not sorry, because JBL-Taker was boring as fuck and they deserved every second of our scorn.

• Options
    Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling has its first 3 shows as TV tapings in Vegas (7/24, 8/21 and 10/23)

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    So after a night's sleep and a good amount of time to sober up I really loved last night's Mania and the few things here and there that I did not like don't really bother me at all today.

I am excited to DVR Raw and watch it in full tonight!

• Options
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'll probably watch Raw tomorrow

I do hope they come up with a better solution one day than the edited Raws they show on Hulu

• Options
This discussion has been closed.