As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mage Knight: Lost Legions] Volkare's Comin' for Ya

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I propose that
    Kirindal will take on 3
    Aura will take on 1
    I will take on 1

To Battle!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Since they already volunteered we'll assume they accept that.

Kirindal will face:
    jlLVS2d.jpg
    Auralynx will face:
    pRqH3Rj.jpg
    ObiFett will face:
    V6VAUXv.jpg

@ObiFett to execute his assault.

• Options
    Siege: None
    Block: Diplomacy for +2 Influence converted to +2 Block, Shield of the Fallen Kings for +6 Block
    Attack: Rage with Gold from the Source (unless @Kirindal or @Auralynx object, then use a Red Crystal) for +4 Attack

Victory! Gain 4 (?) Fame.

Absorb the Shadow's Soul

• Options
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Checking stuff, will figure that out shortly.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Move: Go in with Swiftness
    Block: Blue from the source for Shield Bash plus unmodified Rage for 12 inefficient block, which should do it. Shield Bash has now earned its keep.
    Attack: Soul Harvester for 3, Swordsmen for 3, Threaten sideways for the last 1. Harvest a Red crystal due to Fire resistance.

Victory! Gain 7 fame. Level Up after @kirindal fights his guys.

That was pretty good luck on the distribution.

I think there's a Gold, a White (via Jakobagger's reroll), and whatever the Blue I used on the Portal rerolled to in the source.

Edited to not use the Heroes, as I may need that influence.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Maybe not the gold if Kirindal needs it, since I can use a Red Crystal

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Maybe not the gold if Kirindal needs it, since I can use a Red Crystal

Should be ok, my accounting was after your and my die came out. I used a blue my last turn I don't know what rolled to, is all.

• Options
    Also, in mostly-unrelated news, played through a Full Co-Op with my girlfriend over our "long weekend" the last few days. She took Norowas this time and hit on the Banner of Command And took Bonds of Loyalty. It was impressive to watch.

I just punched a ton of guys in the face real hard with Tovak. Did surprisingly well!

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Nah, I'm good, there's still a blue in the Source which is all I need and I ready the Guardian Golem. Also using Know Your Prey to remove the Freezer's annoying Fire Resistance.

Move: Use Mana Stolen-powered Concentration-infused Swift Reflexes to get in with Move 4.
    Ranged: Playing Source Blue-Powered Snowstorm for Ranged Ice Attack 5, Mana Stolen-powered Concentration-infused Swift Reflexes for Ranged Attack 5, and Tome of All Spells to discard Fire Bolt to use Fireball for Ranged Fire Attack 5 to blow up the Freezer and Magic Familiars.
    Block: I have the Guardian Golems wave the Banner of Fear at the Crypt Worm to stop it from attacking.
    Attack: Crystal-Powered Chivalry for Attack 6 to kill the Crypt Worm.

That should be Victory! And 18 Fame and Level Up x2. @admanb

Kirindal on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    You can shoot the Familiars to death since they have that Unfortified thing, but I'm pretty sure you'd need siege hits to do the same to the Freezers, who are fortified because they're in a city.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    What he said.

• Options
    Hmm in that case, a slight tinkering will be required.

I ready the Guardian Golem. Also using Know Your Prey to remove the Freezer's annoying Fire Resistance.

Move: Use Mana Stolen-powered Concentration-infused Swift Reflexes to get in with Move 4.
    Ranged: Playing Source Blue-Powered Snowstorm for Ranged Ice Attack 5, Mana Stolen-powered Concentration-infused Swift Reflexes for Ranged Attack 2 out of 5, to blow up the Magic Familiars.
    Block: I have the Guardian Golems wave the Banner of Fear at the Crypt Worm to stop it from attacking. Also discarding Fire Bolt to activate Tome of All Spells to play Burning Shield for Fire Shield 4 to block the Freezer.
    Attack: Crystal-Powered Chivalry for Attack 6 to kill the Crypt Worm. Burning Shield provides Fire Attack 4 which when tacked with the last of the Mana Stolen-powered Concentration-infused Swift Reflexes for the remaining Ranged Attack 3 is enough to dust the Freezer as well.

That should still be Victory! And 18 Fame and Level Up x2. @admanb

• Options
    You can't split attack cards between phases.

• Options
    Man, I hate to keep doing this, because I'm certain you have that fight won with some combination of the above, and it's really a hell of a job, but:

- You cannot, so far as I'm aware, break a ranged attack up across phases the way you're planning to.
    - Fire Block 4 is inadequate to block 3 Ice Attack w/ Swiftness.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    In that case I ready the Guardian Golem. Also using Know Your Prey to remove the Freezer's annoying Fire Resistance.

Ranged: None.
    Block: I have the Guardian Golems burn the Banner of Fear to stop all three from attacking. Fear my Golems' dedication to the destruction of priceless historical relics!
    Attack: Playing Source Blue-Powered Snowstorm for Ranged Ice Attack 5, Mana Stolen-powered Concentration-infused Swift Reflexes for Ranged Attack 5, and Tome of All Spells to discard Fire Bolt to use Fireball for Ranged Fire Attack 5, Crystal-Powered Chivalry for Attack 6 to kill the Crypt Worm, Freezer, and Magic Familiars.

That should be Victory! And 17 Fame and Level Up x2. @admanb

Kirindal on
  • Options
    That one, fwiw, appears legit to me. ;p

• Options
    I was kind of hoping not to torch the Banner, but easy come...easy go...

• Options
    @Auralynx then @Kirindal to resolve their level ups. You can make your choices in whatever order you want, but Wolfhawk could have some extra choices.

K8xdlxK.jpg

9gs7emk.jpg
    EoRubXO.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I'll take Krang's passed-on healing skill (Regenerate?), assuming I remember right that it's "spend a mana, throw away a wound, draw if it's a red mana" and therefore also Heroic Tale.

That's a once per turn skill, right?

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    IGNORE ME

admanb on
  • Options
    What, is that the lowest in the offer now? Still fine.

• Options
    That's what replaced Heroic Tale after you took it. :P

• Options
    edited July 2015
    ... but it was #2 in the offer when I got forced into Heroic Tale by taking a passed-on skill, wasn't it?

So shouldn't the new card be whatever is now available that isn't Spell Forge or Ambush?

Auralynx on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Man, all this fame and action I miss out on.

Appropriately, I've been hiking far away in the mountains in real life too while the epic battle went down.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    ... but it was #2 in the offer when I got forced into Heroic Tale by taking a passed-on skill, wasn't it?

So shouldn't the new card be whatever is now available that isn't Spell Forge or Ambush?

Yeah I pulled a stupid.

haevePD.jpg

@Kirindal to level.

• Options
    I'll take Howl of the Pack and Pure Magic.

• Options
    Which makes it @jakobagger 's turn. When all is said and done the source is 2xblack, 3xred, white, green.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    This is turn 3 right?

If so, I'm missing a hand I think.

• Options
    Wait wait... that's right. This all popped off on ObiFett's turn, so it's actually Volkare first. He flips a wound, rolls a red, and "recruits" the fire mages to his army.

Now it's your turn. Hand inc.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Play Call to Arms with the source to use the scouts' ability for 2 Move, play sideways Peaceful Moment, Noble Manners for total 4 Move.

Move SE and end turn. Slow going.

jakobagger on
  • Options
  • Options
    I can recruit the Delphana Masters and will be hella mad if someone beats me to it.

• Options
    Well I can't recruit anything due to war crimes, so no trouble there. Though come nightfall I hope to magic some more dudes into my army with Call to Glory.

• Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Well I can't recruit anything due to war crimes, so no trouble there. Though come nightfall I hope to magic some more dudes into my army with Call to Glory.

Depending on what I drew I think I can maybe recruit the Masters and straight-up buy an Artifact.

Apparently regenerating time-travelling dragon wizards from the future leading armies of heroes are popular. Who knew? ;P

• Options
    Green from the Source on March for +4 Move
    Stamina for +2 Move

Move NW

Use a White Crystal on Mana Storm

Geth roll 7xM

7xM 26 [7xM=Red, White, Green, Blue, Blue, Red, Green]

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Use 2x Red from the Source and 1x Red Crystal and interact with the Ruins to gain 7 Fame. Level Up.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Volkare flips a wound, rolls black, and gets shit-all.

The Board

Volkare - 11 deck, 27 discard.
    Goldyx (Auralynx) - 8 hand, 8 deck.
    Wolfhawk (Kirindal) - 8 hand, 4 deck.
    Norowas (jakobagger) - 7 hand, 11 deck.
    Krang (ObiFett) - 8 hand, 3 deck.

Offer | Fame/Reputation Track

Actions
    @Auralynx to play.

• Options
    Oh god, the heroes are only level 3 and I drew the Circlet.

I'm gonna need scratch paper for influence generation.

• Options
    Green from the Source to play powered Regeneration. Toss 2 Wounds and ready the Green Heroes.

Then, Interact w/ the Red City.

-Use White Crystal Craft to make a blue crystal and a white token.
    - Generate 14 Influence between the Illusionists and both Heroes.
    - Generate 10 Influence by powering Heroic Tale with the white token and playing Promise powered by a white crystal. 24 so far.
    - Play the Circlet of Proficiency as Glittering Fortune to generate 8 more Influence, since it's played twice due to being a per-turn skill. 32.
    - Reputation and my 1 shield on the city contribute another 4, for 36.
    - Play Determination sideways to get to 37.
    - Hire the Delphana Masters, dismissing my Illusionists. 24 left.
    - Buy 2 artifacts. 0 left.

End of Turn: Gain 1 fame and 3 reputation across all effects. Pick some artifacts. Laugh maniacally.
    @Admanb to give me loot and @kirindal to play.