As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] The Kael'thas patch was merely a setback

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The whole point of Siege Locusts is to be able to outrange towers. I think it's just a talent that is asking for trouble.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Is there any particular reason Gazlowe has a tank build available to him? http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/gazlowe#g7MQ

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    It basically lets him tank merc camps and keeps.

Also, he has no escapes, so it could be useful.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    It basically lets him tank merc camps and keeps.

Also, he has no escapes, so it could be useful.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Most frustrating thing about playing Gazlowe pub on sky temple: "I got this temple. Go keep lane vision."

But noooo. I mean, it's cool. My turrets can distract a three-enemy ambush long enough for an escape, sometimes. But what if we saw them coming first? Stay in the car, Chuck!

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So would anyone be up for forming another team with specific play times?

I'm thinking if we can get 9 people, set out times twice a week, if everyone shows up at least half the time we should be able to get some games in.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    The biggest problem with nerfing Abathur's mine vision isn't the Nerf to his mobility(Fuck him. He shouldn't be that fucking mobile anyway. Let him burrow to allies or minions to split push.) The problem is that it doesn't totaly fix the backdoor issue. An ally could still Far Sight/Clarvoiance/Owl/BFG/whatever the vision he needs. It does make it harder to pull off but it would still happen. Burrow and/or seige locusts will have to be nerfed directly.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

I'm thinking if we can get 9 people, set out times twice a week, if everyone shows up at least half the time we should be able to get some games in.

Sure.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Yes. I'm in.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    It's a shame, since it'd be nice if there was a decent splitpushing strategy that wasn't stupid. But every single one that has come up recently is super unfun to play against like og murky, or aba/azmo, or now backdoor aba.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Boy do i suck with ETC. Any tips? I was levelling power slide, mostly, but it seemed like it wasn't really helping at all except for the more late game team battles, but by then it was too late.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Boy do i suck with ETC. Any tips? I was levelling power slide, mostly, but it seemed like it wasn't really helping at all except for the more late game team battles, but by then it was too late.

Don't level up power slide. It's damage will always be lacking and the increased width talent barely increases it. Builds that focus on surviving are the way to go. An example: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-calculator/20-e-t-c#oPhPEDFDIDhAXPUAA

Since you're often sliding into the enemy group to then knock some of them away with your W, you need to survive being the center of attention.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    some day they'll remove rewind.

some day.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-calculator/18-zeratul#jPyHoClCUMIPzHSAA

What do you guys think about this Zeratul build? Go in stalthcleave place bombs get out and repeat.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

What do you guys think about this Zeratul build? Go in stalthcleave place bombs get out and repeat.

This build seems a little confused. You're going heavy Cleave talents, but then not taking Rending Cleave. It's an Ability Power build, yet you're taking Assassin's Blade, which boosts Attack Damage.

Based on what this build is trying to do, I'd recommend this instead: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/zeratul#l0OA

Full Cleave talents and Wormhole. Blink in, Cleave+Bomb, Blink out.

The other common Zeratul build is the Singularity Spike build: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/zeratul#hfYK

Which follows the same logic as the Cleave build, but focuses more on Singularity Spikes. Alternatively, swap Sustained Anomaly for Gathering Power if you want more single target damage.

With the nerf to Double Bombs, the Cleave build actually might be a bit better? It's actually pretty unclear at the moment. I think both builds are good though.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So is this considered an easier moba? This is honestly the first moba I've actually enjoyed, and after swearing the genre off I find myself actually enjoying this game. Just curious what makes it easier to get into?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So is this considered an easier moba? This is honestly the first moba I've actually enjoyed, and after swearing the genre off I find myself actually enjoying this game. Just curious what makes it easier to get into?

Shorter games are a major thing that help the game out and make it easier to get into. Also the lack of an item shop, which is generally one of the more complex and difficult-to-figure-out parts of DotA/LoL/HoN etc.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Shorter games are a major thing that help the game out and make it easier to get into. Also the lack of an item shop, which is generally one of the more complex and difficult-to-figure-out parts of DotA/LoL/HoN etc.

also no last-hitting, and team leveling instead of individual hero leveling

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Dibby wrote: »

This build seems a little confused. You're going heavy Cleave talents, but then not taking Rending Cleave. It's an Ability Power build, yet you're taking Assassin's Blade, which boosts Attack Damage.

Based on what this build is trying to do, I'd recommend this instead: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/zeratul#l0OA

Full Cleave talents and Wormhole. Blink in, Cleave+Bomb, Blink out.

The other common Zeratul build is the Singularity Spike build: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/zeratul#hfYK

Which follows the same logic as the Cleave build, but focuses more on Singularity Spikes. Alternatively, swap Sustained Anomaly for Gathering Power if you want more single target damage.

With the nerf to Double Bombs, the Cleave build actually might be a bit better? It's actually pretty unclear at the moment. I think both builds are good though.

Yeah the build is a bit split for a few reasons: First of the reason I add assassins blade is because of the movespeed and a few aas in the middle of the combo is often what gets you the kill.

I do take wormhole but it's a bit more depending on what/who I'm against and how much I need a get the hell out button (+ since I take rewind getting out isn't normaly a problem).

As for rendering cleave 50% of spike is 350 and 50% of cleave is 292,5. If we add the 30% stealth boost to cleave it's 468. So yeah it does more damage if you cleave while stealth (which you should), but it's over 5 sec which is why I don't like it at all any type of regen is counterd by burst so then a 5 sec dot is kinda meh.

And do you know if two cleave dots stack? Because my combo now at 20 is EQW1QWWWE. And if they don't stack it would be pritty bad to just refresh it with a new dot that deals less damage. And the triple spike is 2.1k while the 2.5 Q lands at 1813 (less if second Q refresh dot) or 2105 if it does.

(all numbers are based of level 30 numbers with 5% bonus ap.)

Gonna test out that spike build and see if I like it. I think the big dif from spike/cleave is how good you are at landing spikes and how much heal the other team has.

Edit: Found a bug in testing here now, if you use cleave and rewind and cleave again befor the animation of the first cleave is over you get 2x stealthcleavs for even more damage. So drop double bomb, rewind and 2x stealthcleave is where the damage is at!

Edit 2: I forgott to say thank you for linking the two builds, and I will test out the cleavebuild and see if I like it more than my own!

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    We have 4 candymancers on atm; if you're a candymancer and available, consider jumping on!

• Options
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Sorry, not near my computer

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I know Robogoblin is terrible, but it's hilarious hitting 20 and seeing people in Quick Match think they can duel you.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    @Lucascraft and other Candymancers

My internet shat the bed in the middle of that match

So so sorry

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

So so sorry

It's ok. You didn't miss much. We got completely destroyed.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

So so sorry

yeah no worries

I'm not sure team league is going to be very fun for a while when we keep getting matched against peeps who are lvl 1 hero leaguers (which I am not :P)

• Options
    Well I checked the ISP status map and there's a big red dot of no service directly over where I live so at least it's not just me.

Hopefully won't put me in leavers queues since I had to alt f4 just to get out.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

So so sorry

yeah no worries

I'm not sure team league is going to be very fun for a while when we keep getting matched against peeps who are lvl 1 hero leaguers (which I am not :P)

Blame the 1k gold fee for this imo.

• Options
    You also have a brand new MMR as a team when you queue for hero league from my understanding. So it'll take a decent number of games for that to get sorted. Same way that even though I have a trillion quick match games, only 8 hero league matches so my mmr is probably very different between the two.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    @Invictus, too early for me most days. Sometime, though, I'll actually manage to play a candymancer game...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I assume the fee is to help against smurfing or ditching low-ranked teams.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Well three hours later, I have internet back.

Not that it does much good now.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    No last hitting, no item shop were big draws for me. It really cuts down on what people can abuse you for.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    UGH BUT YOUR BUILD IS TERRIBLE

*we win anyways apparently?*

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I've been taking higher range on Sylvanas' Q lately and love it! Especially against enemies that usually hurt a bit you can usually get a stack of Qs in and get away.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    I gotta say I love loseing 1v1 vs Thrall because he heals more than me.... When I'm playing Tyrael.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    I don't see a problem with Thrall winning 1v1 melee fights against anyone.

I've been having a lot of fun with Diablo this week. I think it's time to spend some of my almost 50k gold and buy some heroes. I think I'll get Diablo and Uther and then I'll buy that awesome lumberjack skin when it goes on sale next week for only $2.50.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    I'll probably get Uther next week, and if that skin is $2.50 that's very tempting

• Options
    @kime we still won :) hope everything is ok

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I've been taking higher range on Sylvanas' Q lately and love it! Especially against enemies that usually hurt a bit you can usually get a stack of Qs in and get away.

Yeah, With the Wind is great. When I was initially learning Sylvanas, I tried taking Lost Soul (lower cd on W) one game and immediately regretted doing so. For my own playstyle, I absolutely need the extra range on her Q. I like to go balls deep ham sandwich with Sylvanas... but I also like being safe with her at the same time, yknow? The base range on her Q is dangerously small, to the point where it feels super unsafe more than half the time. And yeah sure, her W's range is pretty small too, especially with Cold Embrace, but you only need to hit that once and then you can back up.

If anything, I'd like to see her Q's base range increased a bit, and have With the Wind's range decreased a bit (maybe 10% each?). Just to make the other level 1 talents a bit more attractive.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
This discussion has been closed.