Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I know this might be homerism but I hate 2-3-2 systems. The team with the better record should never be put in a disadvantage, it should be 2-2-1-1-1. Or hell, go 3-3-1.

No, 2-3-2 is terrible.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Holy shit that was a fucking horse shit call reversing that foul tip. One of the base umps overruled the home plate ump? While the whole crowd was watching it on the video replay board and seeing a plainly clear strike.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I know this might be homerism but I hate 2-3-2 systems. The team with the better record should never be put in a disadvantage, it should be 2-2-1-1-1. Or hell, go 3-3-1.

No, 2-3-2 is terrible.

The only argument for 2-3-2 is travel

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    y2jake215 wrote: »

No, 2-3-2 is terrible.

I think the home field team should be able to choose 2-3-2 or 2-2-1-1-1

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular

No, 2-3-2 is terrible.

Relevant when the players traveled by bus, not so much anymore now that they're chartering a ton of fancy flights each year for the whole team and coaching staff.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    OremLK wrote: »

No, 2-3-2 is terrible.

Relevant when the players traveled by bus, not so much anymore now that they're chartering a ton of fancy flights each year for the whole team and coaching staff.

It's not just that. Jet lag has a measurable effect. Granted it should be roughly the same for both teams. But it affects quality of play also

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo.com/the-surprising-way-jet-lag-impacts-major-league-basebal-1791521616/amp

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

No, 2-3-2 is terrible.

It's not just that. Jet lag has a measurable effect. Granted it should be roughly the same for both teams. But it affects quality of play also

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo.com/the-surprising-way-jet-lag-impacts-major-league-basebal-1791521616/amp

Ah, good point.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    It wasn't that long ago (well, 30 years or so) that home field wasn't even awarded by record but by rotating between the divisions.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Also the announcers, tv crew, traveling reporters, etc. Won't someone think of the poor media?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm a proponent of 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 every other night, but I know I'm in the minority. That being said, you still have to win on the road in the playoffs, if you want to be successful.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Come on Dodgers. You got this.

I know it is only two innings in, but I would love to see Kershaw pitch a no-hitter here to win the NLCS. Probably won't happen, but would be an awesome way to punch their ticket to the World Series.

As it is, Enrique Hernandez is having a hell of a game.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ok if the Cubs hitters could play the Cubs bullpen what would happen?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Ok if the Cubs hitters could play the Cubs bullpen what would happen?

I'd put money on all of them getting injured.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    At this point they might as well let Hernandez pitch the bottom of the 9th.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Bleh. Just...bleh.

• Options
    Astros need to come back at home.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Whatever the outcome of this is, we've got ourselves a pitchers duel for Game 6.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Oh man unlucky for the stros' on that bounce. Anywhere else and it scores two. Also 2-2 count after 4 balls thrown

Next batter takes two strikes for balls instead. Tough to be pitching with this guy behind the plate

I am surprised they are not going to the pen. Bases loaded, 1 out, struggling starter. This is about as high leverage as it gets.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Verlander: Worth every prospect and every penny. However this turns out, what a pickup by the Astros front office.

• Options
    Morton out pitched Sabathia today. Houston is in a good spot so far.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Sabathia should have come out earlier. NY got lucky there.

Like: it’s an elimination game you’re not saving your BP for anything fucking get people ready the instant your pitcher even thinks about struggling.

Here’s to holding on. Go ‘stros

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Home field advantage so far been HUGE this series.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I can't believe the disparity

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    YEAH! Yankees go home!

(She/Her)
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I want both teams to win the Series, but I'm rooting slightly more for the Astros since they have yet to win one.

No matter what, this should be a fun Series to watch.

• Options
    Damn it feels good for your team to get back to the WS. I know there have been longer droughts, but never having won one is a bad feeling. Here's hoping that's about to change!

Go Astros!

• Options
    For real though the Yankees are going to be terrifying for the next ? years. It’s gonna suck

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    For real though the Yankees are going to be terrifying for the next ? years. It’s gonna suck

They're crazy good. Way better than their record indicates. It's going to be a three-horse race in the AL between the Astros, Yankees, and Cleveland for the next couple years at least, I expect.

• Options
    I think the Dodgers bullpen is going to win them this series, especially if home field advantage ends up mattering as much as it did in the ALCS. As an Angels fan I don't have strong feelings either way as to who wins being as it is Angels division rival vs Angels interleague rival, but it is about time the Astros won a World Series.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I support the astros so the dodgers can finally win one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

They're crazy good. Way better than their record indicates. It's going to be a three-horse race in the AL between the Astros, Yankees, and Cleveland for the next couple years at least, I expect.
    The real “issue” is that, aside from like, CC sabathia they’re all like 15 years old. This was a “building”* year, where your salaries are low and where you’re looking for the ringers to put together the team.

Well uhh the ringers are already there... getting paid peanuts...locked up in rookie contracts...

*actually more like a dumping year. These years are the result of back ending your spending via deferred contracts.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Yes... the days of the aging, overpaid Yankees roster are basically over. We still have to see how all these young guys adjust as the league adjusts to them, but we all know the Yankees can spend a ton of money to replace any who don't succeed, if need be.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    yeah its going to be pretty lame seeing this entire yankees team plus machado and harper and gleyber torres for a decade

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'm gonna be really really sad when Harper isn't a National anymore

I'll basically just have to completely desensitize myself from baseball if he does indeed end up on the Yanks.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I'm gonna be really really sad when Harper isn't a National anymore

I'll basically just have to completely desensitize myself from baseball if he does indeed end up on the Yanks.

I'm still hoping for an Angels vs Nationals world series while Trout and Harper are still present.

I don't even want to imagine the possibility of them both being Yankees.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Okay, I laughed a little too hard at this.

J9b7fQu.png

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am probably rooting for LA even though it feels kind of wrong.

Also learned a random tid bit with the Cubs vs. LA series, the great uncle I got my middle name from was a huge Dodgers fan. So I guess I gotta roll that way just in his memory.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    No one is asking the important questions. Did Vin Scully curse the Dodgers?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I guess Boston couldn’t wait a week to hire away Alex Cora?

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    No one is asking the important questions. Did Vin Scully curse the Dodgers?

They're in the World Series.

So...no.

This discussion has been closed.