As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Also saw something pretty cool during bp, homer bounced off the seats behind me and a dude on his cell phone snatched it in his glove on the bounce. He later flat out caught two more bp homers before skedaddling off to his actual seat. I've never in my entire life gotten a ball at a baseball game...

This is cool, except for the bolded.

If you're over 12 years old and bring a glove to the ballpark you're a colossal dork.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I was thinking I should have brought mine since we were sitting in right field during BP and damn near almost got brained a couple times.

Also Nelson needs to ask the legion of boom how they don't get caught with steroids since he's going to get hella tested at 35 with 8 homers this early.

Best catch of the day went to Cruz in the field, and the mariners bullpen catcher in the stands with an over the shoulder grab with his hat.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Also saw something pretty cool during bp, homer bounced off the seats behind me and a dude on his cell phone snatched it in his glove on the bounce. He later flat out caught two more bp homers before skedaddling off to his actual seat. I've never in my entire life gotten a ball at a baseball game...

This is cool, except for the bolded.

If you're over 12 years old and bring a glove to the ballpark you're a colossal dork.

I bring two gloves to every game. One for me and one for the poor schmo who didn't.

• Options
    I have never gotten the too cool for schoolism about bringing a glove to a game. If you're sitting some place you might get a foul or a homer, why not be prepared for it? I mean where were sitting my wife was legit afraid of getting hit by a flying ball. I mean sure if you're on the 300 level bringing a glove is way beyond wishful thinking but eh its baseball its all wishful thinking!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Best catch of the day went to Cruz in the field

Wait, he started catching balls out there?

(As someone pointed out on Twitter today: "Nefti vs Cruz - The two guys that ruined Rangers fans lives.")

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Royals had a nice comback win today, despite the A's starting pitcher getting to the 8th with less than 100 pitches... and Royals manager Ned Yost getting thrown out of the game in the 1st along with the pitching coach... and one of their relievers and their backup manager getting thrown out in the 8th...

Crazy game, but a win's a win.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Best catch of the day went to Cruz in the field

Wait, he started catching balls out there?

(As someone pointed out on Twitter today: "Nefti vs Cruz - The two guys that ruined Rangers fans lives.")

He plays right field, crazily enough he seems to hit better when he's playing in the field.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Angels lost the series in Houston but at least Oakland and Texas lost tonight.

edit: Haha, Houston is at the top of the AL West. What alternate universe are we in!? Oh wait, its still only April and that won't last.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Whelp swept by LA.

Got to see that "amazing" Colorado pitching in action.

We were even coming back verse Kershaw in one game and in the second we put it with in a run with a good amount of time to go before our pitcher gave up three more runs the following inning.

*sigh*

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

I'm 1 for 2 on getting balls out of realistic chances. Both in the same game, actually.

I was in the second deck at Pittsburgh, first inning foul ball comes over, but I wimped out and closed my eyes as it hits the seat in front of me instead of making the catch. Second ball was a few innings later, hit a row behind me and came bouncing/rolling down the aisle. Reached back and made the easy scoop.

• Options
    eelektrik wrote: »

edit: Haha, Houston is at the top of the AL West. What alternate universe are we in!? Oh wait, its still only April and that won't last.

Yeah pretty much the entire al west is beating up on each other right now. Well and oakland beating up on the royals (what the hell oakland its the raiders that are the thugs).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Yeah pretty much the entire al west is beating up on each other right now. Well and oakland beating up on the royals (what the hell oakland its the raiders that are the thugs).

Didn't know losing a series 1-2 was beating up on someone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

I meant physically. There were like 2 bench clearing brawls, several balls thrown at players with a royal pitcher threatening to throw at an A players head.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Yeah, the Angels in April only played one team that wasn't in the AL West, getting swept by the Royals at home. They've gone 5-4 on the road against the Mariners, Rangers, and Astros and they finish the month at home against the A's and Rangers.

I meant physically. There were like 2 bench clearing brawls, several balls thrown at players with a royal pitcher threatening to throw at an A players head.

Yordano Ventura, or however you spell his first name? I saw the clip of when he beaned Brett Lawrie and got kicked out of the game and the benches cleared when he for some reason walked towards Lawrie to say something. Lawrie got hit and was simply walking to first but Ventura was being an asshole.

In the series against the Angels he was staring down Mike Trout after a single like he wanted to start a fight with him and would have gotten his ass kicked(I'd put money on the guy who is 6'2" 235 pounds over the 6' 180 pound guy) but Trout seemed more confused than anything, their catcher was in a real hurry to get him to back off and not get hurt after Trout cross home plate when Pujols singled and Ventura was right there. Something was said and the benches cleared.

Apparently losing a world series gives you one hell of an ego.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Well lawrie did spike their short stop in the friday game, but yeah there were some tempers flaring there between the two clubs. Which made me laugh because the A's are in the al west and as a mariners fan other than not liking them on principal I don't hate them like I do the rangers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Nelson Cruz is the AL player of the Week, that was a pretty easy guess.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Suddenly pee-filled Wrigley is looking like a much better venue. Good job, Royals. Good job.

• Options

I had a friend who was at the Saturday game complaining about how they ran out of food before the 5th inning was over.

Now I know why, it was all the food they had left that was still edible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I had a friend who was at the Saturday game complaining about how they ran out of food before the 5th inning was over.

Now I know why, it was all the food they had left that was still edible.

And here I was griping about 12 dollars for some ice cream.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kris Bryant got a pseudo in the ball park homerun with some pirates help.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    I have never gotten the too cool for schoolism about bringing a glove to a game. If you're sitting some place you might get a foul or a homer, why not be prepared for it? I mean where were sitting my wife was legit afraid of getting hit by a flying ball. I mean sure if you're on the 300 level bringing a glove is way beyond wishful thinking but eh its baseball its all wishful thinking!

I was once hit with a grand slam, and I really wish I had had a glove then. Ever since, bringing a glove to a game has been a must for me.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    Angels are laying the smackdown on the A's tonight. Unless there is a colossal fuckup the Angels are finally getting their first win at home after going 0-4 so far.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Ian Krol sucks.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    *grumble*

5 losses in a row.

Damn it Rockies.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular

Well, he's not wrong. The unwritten rules of baseball still drives me crazy, and I'm a huge baseball fan.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    So, it's justice 1, asshole sportswriters 0 as the Ninth Circuit tosses Barry Bonds' obstruction conviction. Choice quote from the judge:
    Making everyone who participates in our justice system a potential criminal defendant for conduct that is nothing more than the ordinary tug and pull of litigation risks chilling zealous advocacy. It also gives prosecutors the immense and unreviewable power to reward friends and punish enemies by prosecuting the latter and giving the former a pass. The perception that prosecutors have such a potent weapon in their arsenal, even if never used, may well dampen the fervor with which lawyers, particularly those representing criminal defendants, will discharge their duties. The amorphous nature of the statute is also at odds with the constitutional requirement that individuals have fair notice as to what conduct may be criminal.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    My boss, who is from New York, is having some fun at my expense thanks to the current fortunes of the Rays v Mets.

Gonna be a long couple seasons.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    And the A's are spanking the Angels tonight. Hopefully they'll do better against the Rangers.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Broke the 5 game losing streak last night.

Thank fucking god.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Can someone start beating the mets? I don't want to live in a world where they are the best team in baseball. If only because seriously the fucking mets? WHAT THE FUCK!?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/an-important-display-of-athleticism-from-bartolo-colon-1699783143/+bubbaprog

this atlanta brave player should be a fucking shamed forever. HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET BARTOLO COLON TAG YOU OUT!?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Can someone start beating the mets? I don't want to live in a world where they are the best team in baseball. If only because seriously the fucking mets? WHAT THE FUCK!?

As a Mets fan, this news makes me feel confused and unsure of reality.

• Options

I don't know what is going on in this world? I mean did you see Bartolo "I weight 280 pounds" Colon up there chasing down a healthy brave who isn't like dying of a heart attack? This is the guy who has tried and failed to chase down people in hot dog suits because he thought they were an actual living edible hot dog. Come on Universe stop fucking with us?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    See mazzy nothing to worry about Colorado is back to winning.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    If we end up with an Astros-Mets World Series, I won't even begin to know what the hell is happening in this world.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    edited April 2015

It's 1969 all over again.

Now I understand why people did all those drugs in the 70's. Reality while sober had stopped making any sense.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If we end up with an Astros-Mets World Series, I won't even begin to know what the hell is happening in this world.

And this is why we don't make predictions in april. Aside from predicting the brewers will not be winning the world series this year.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Dodgers had the bases loaded no outs and couldn't score a run, thats mariner level clutch hitting.

And they have blown it in the bottom of the 9th. Way to go dodgers!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.