As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the shadows are one of the worst designed fights

straight up, any fight that has you going against more than one enemy is going to likely be horseshit in any souls game except maybe phalanx? maybe biggie smalls because the terrain is so abusable

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I summoned some duders and killed them finally.

Phew that's done.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

straight up, any fight that has you going against more than one enemy is going to likely be horseshit in any souls game except maybe phalanx? maybe biggie smalls because the terrain is so abusable

The suggestion that shadows is more bullshit than Laurence and hardy is maybe one of the most baffling things I've ever heard

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Eh, it's really not that bad. They give you a big ass tombstone to line of sight with, and they don't do too much damage unless you get the snakes. It's probably the easiest multi mob fight imo.

• Options

The suggestion that shadows is more bullshit than Laurence and hardy is maybe one of the most baffling things I've ever heard

I can use spells on bert and ernie

bark souls is WAYYY more cheeseable

• Options
    basically I just really hate the shadows and enjoy farming them in mergo's for experience as well as punching pig buttholes

• Options

I can use spells on bert and ernie

bark souls is WAYYY more cheeseable

you can't parry merry and pippin

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The shadows are not even close to as dumb as Orphan of Kos. If he wants he can stunlock you to death with no recourse.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    All of Orphan's attacks are dodge-able but you want to be a lot closer to him than most bosses

A few of his attacks will straight up just overshoot you if you're up in his face, especially the tracking ones

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Killed Vicar Amelia (easiest fight by a large margin so far) and am in the process of clearing out optional areas and farming blood before I flip the skull switch to nighttime.

I am pleasantly surprised to find this is the easiest Souls game I've played. Not that it isn't challenging, but I've only come across a couple times where I thought a fight or some other challenge was bullshit. Which is a much better record than the previous 3 games.

My only complaint about the combat is that parrying is more obtuse in this game. Previously, there were pretty consistent and obvious rules for what attacks could be parried. Whereas in Bloodborne it feels more arbitrary.

Or maybe I'm just dumb, I dunno.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Killed Vicar Amelia (easiest fight by a large margin so far) and am in the process of clearing out optional areas and farming blood before I flip the skull switch to nighttime.

I am pleasantly surprised to find this is the easiest Souls game I've played. Not that it isn't challenging, but I've only come across a couple times where I thought a fight or some other challenge was bullshit. Which is a much better record than the previous 3 games.

My only complaint about the combat is that parrying is more obtuse in this game. Previously, there were pretty consistent and obvious rules for what attacks could be parried. Whereas in Bloodborne it feels more arbitrary.

Or maybe I'm just dumb, I dunno.

Almost everyone feels differently about every aspect of this game including the difficulty. I have put at least 150 hours into Bloodborne and I still don't know if I call it a good game.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    hunter fights are garbage

just the absolute worst shit

most of the rest of the game is very game

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Pikachu and Snorlax aren't really bullshit, you just have to learn their rhythm

Honestly they're much worse in the second phase

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    most of the hunters just have a bit too much health

they'd be much better as quick, brutal, high stakes high lethality fights

but of course they have to compensate for AI being dumber than players and they erred on the side of too much health and recovery

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Pikachu and Snorlax aren't really bullshit, you just have to learn their rhythm

Honestly they're much worse in the second phase

I once watched a let's play of a soul level 1, new game +7 run of dark souls by a very highly skilled player, and Fucko and Bucko caused easily the most deaths of any single fight in the run. The only other thing that caused as much of a stonewall was Manus I think, but he was still beaten in fewer lives than Mork and Mindy. Now this might not translate 1:1 with difficulty under more normal conditions, but it still bears considering.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I love

bloodborne

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I love

bloodborne

's soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options

Oh, yeah, that's the second thing

Fuck hunter fights

They're hella bad

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Oh, yeah, that's the second thing

Fuck hunter fights

They're hella bad

disagree button

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    When it is one on one and they don't respawn, they're pretty great.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    A lot of the bosses take up too much screen and fuck with the camera, the hunters (especially in Yar'har) are bullshit, and though I know it isn't From's M.O. I wish there was at least a bit of useful instruction at game start.

I also really wish the chalice dungeons were either way more fun or at least could be accessed globally across your account instead of being character independent. I did a few with one character and have positively zero desire to repeat the lower level ones on any others.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    chalice grind per character is probably the only thing I dislike about the game

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Or at the very least have another way to access the currently gated ritual items

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

except it's still shit

infinite stamina, blood vials, bullets and 20 times your hp along with the ability to kill you in 3 hits?

WAOW SO FUN

why the hell don't these fuckbois go kill a bunch of demons considering how much stronger than me they are

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

except it's still shit

infinite stamina, blood vials, bullets and 20 times your hp along with the ability to kill you in 3 hits?

WAOW SO FUN

why the hell don't these fuckbois go kill a bunch of demons considering how much stronger than me they are

What do you think they were doing before they went insane

You shoulda seen that place before they got there

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

except it's still shit

WAOW SO FUN

3 hits?

Son you need to level up your vitality a bit, methinks.

• Options
    I think the 1v2, 1v3 hunter fights and bloody crow can be annoying, but the 1v1 hunter fights are usually interesting

I actually like the 1v3 in Yahar'gul now, it's a fun challenge (of a lot of kiting backwards, usually)

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    The hunters mostly just have the one vial (at least Bloody Crow does). Good fun parrying them! There are like 3 in the DLC that do obscene damage though, the Saif one in particular.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    I didn't really consider the beast cutter/boom hammer/beasthunting saif hunters as actual hunter fights. They're hard enemies modeled after hunters but they don't have the same breadth of AI and aggression

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I think the 1v2, 1v3 hunter fights and bloody crow can be annoying, but the 1v1 hunter fights are usually interesting

I actually like the 1v3 in Yahar'gul now, it's a fun challenge (of a lot of kiting backwards, usually)

I feel like kiting them is cheesing and I don't like that it's the only practical way to fight them.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Butters wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

I feel like kiting them is cheesing and I don't like that it's the only practical way to fight them.

you can fight all three of them straight up, its hard but doable. I've done it only with the blade of mercy and liberal use of beast roar though.

edit: this is fucking brilliant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYr7gbOFqAY

Naphtali on
  • Options
    Entirely cleared out Hemwick Charnel Lane in one go. Everything (except for the multiple executioners and hella dogs) was super easy. Boss fight was downright relaxing.

Then I finally cleared out Hypogeon Gaol. Having a Ludwig sword at +6 made a huge difference. When I first got there it was a nightmare, and I eventually just decided to run through it to get to Paarl and de-aggro Djura. It was still a bit tough, but being able to take out the Snatchers with two charged R2's made it a whole lot more bearable. Fuck those dogs, though. Fuck them forever.

So I guess Forgotten Woods is next.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    don't fuck dogs

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    don't fuck dogs

don't shame kinks.

• Options
    can dogs give consent

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    can dogs give consent

regular dogs no, talking intelligent dogs yes

general guide:

6jp4DVKl.png

broken image link
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Multi boss fights are the fucking worst, especially if you don't have access to co op.

I keep thinking about playing DS2 again to try the DLC, but then I remember I'd have to do all those fricken multi target fights on my own (especially Rune Sentinels) or shell out for Xbox Live again and I stick that sucker back on the shelf.

Hopefully DS3 has significantly fewer of them.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    wow i missed out on this complete lunacy

hunter fights in this game are great. the only one i didnt like is the bloody crow

much depends on your weapon choice. certain weapons just obliterate hunters completely, and I think this is why they pack so much punch. you're not supposed to grant them an opening

tl;dr please consider becoming good at the video game