Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So immediately the first thing I like about Cal's new ult is that you automatically do a Radial Blind when coptering. Now I need to see if it works with the Radial Blind augment.

Edit: Seems like it doesn't. Pity.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Heh. And my second warframe ever just finished building this morning. This is the last possible day I want to play my Excal. :P

Lucked into a pretty epic excavation last night. 12 excavators run to completion. By the end the Grineer were just streaming in on us in giant conga lines which I am still sad I didn't have the presence of mind to screen shot, but finding cover was more important.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Hell, you want shots of massive grineer armies? I gotcha covered.
    1u72ailsp74x.jpg

tnv1awm1i59d.jpg

zfezt9w9ka79.jpg

This is what happens when you run through an invasion or extermination mission and get to the exit without really killing any enemies. The game ends up grabbing them all and stuffing as many of them as it can into the last couple of rooms. It's always funny to do it on voids and watch your framerate tank because of all the shield drone particle effects.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I would love to fire my Tonkor into that and watch all the number appear

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    One of us

One of us

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I watch Beaglerush play xcom on twitch, an he has this thing where, whenever muton packs appear, he likes to imagine that the only thing they know about human culture is pro football, and they act accordingly.

I see those screenshots and I just hear the masses of grineer in my head, all shouting "FUTBOL FUTBOL FUTBOL" unceasingly.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    patch notes

Fixed a crash that would occur when joining a Mission through your Friends List as Excalibur Prime.

WTF DE!?!?!

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    patch notes

Fixed a crash that would occur when joining a Mission through your Friends List as Excalibur Prime.

WTF DE!?!?!

more proof de doesn't care about founders hue

• Options
    I was more remarking about how disturbingly precise that bug fix is. What kind of spaghetti code do they have under the hood?

I've long given up on the hope that DE will re-work nulifiers, but at least there is a much greater chance that DE will add a new weapon or maybe a kubrow mod one day and accidentally completely break nulifiers to the point where they don't spawn anymore.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    There was a time not long ago when I couldn't wrap my head around throwing piles of plat at pretty cosmetics...

I'm kinda liking the proto skin thing.
    0g342ry3thcb.jpg

• Options
    I saw this posted for the prisma excalibur skin:

4QptgxT.png

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Spending all your plat on cosmetics is always a sound investment. There is no reason to not look fabulous 24/7.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So does the prisma excalibur skin work for excal prime? I think the proto-excal skin does.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Odd, wonder how they got that effect. Py prisma skin just looks like a unitard or something.

Prisma skin only the side of hat, boots, and back of upper arm have the animated effect on mine (the dark grey):
    dcow2f10rb4r.jpg

*edit - Ok, this is pretty skippy. If you equip the silva & aegis before going into ult you keep the shield:
    s9m05jph8sye.jpg

7pfuo7b3wy05.jpg

DreadBert on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So does the prisma excalibur skin work for excal prime? I think the proto-excal skin does.

Proto certainly does.

looks pretty decent too.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Odd, wonder how they got that effect. Py prisma skin just looks like a unitard or something.

I managed it with the Ice palette and using the white that's second from the bottom and furthest right on every colour setting

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So I hopped into Warframe tonight to inject drugs into my dag so it wouldn't die and then put him into storage for now because that made more sense, then I made xenomorph banshee.

the Chroma agile animation really makes it work... been making/playing Xeno-versions of random frames as I do these the Tubemen event. It's a neat tileset.

edit: using the boltor tonfa things, and a boltor prime... too to fit the theme.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I could not be more pleased with the Excalibur changes, I love the new blaster reflecting, not the droids you are looking for sliding, ninja flying jedibur.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Hopped into a pub Triton match and had probably the best set of runs with randoms ever in this game.

Was playing Turbulence Zephyr, group also had a Gmag and one, maybe two Frosts. Everybody had their head in the game, everybody knew exactly what to do, it was one of those zen moments when everyone is in sync and you don't even have to talk. I'd zoom to the newest extractor and clear it out while a Frost trundled up and globed it. Then Mag would move in and guard it and pull in all the loots. We were predicting extractor drops and piling up power cells before the drills were even down so we had 2-3 drills going at all times and were able to get to 2500 relatively quickly. Bailed out at that point because you start getting swarmed by clumps of Nullifiers and bullet sponge Eximuses.

Repeat 2-3 times, we hauled in about 50+ rare cores.

• Options
    Also Amprex with Sinister Reach is just goddamn bonkers. It's like having a Volt in a can.

• Options
    Have you tried atamos with ruinous extension yet? Haven't broken out amprex since I got that mod. A little less burst, but it doesn't run out of ammo in a blink.

• Options
    Yup, got one or two forma on it so far. It's a hilarious combo with Amprex.

BEAMS, BEAMS EVERYWHERE

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Excal's rework is awesome. Slash dash can totally wreck a group of enemies and the ultimate is just totally badass. Just running around, slicing dudes up and shooting energy waves out gibbing everything in sight. An Excal or two and a Necros would be amazing for farming.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Odd, anyone else seeing no more railings after the hotfix?

• Options

How would they even.... Sigh.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Might just be an artifact of draco? Ran a bunch of DSD after hotfiix and they were gone, so far the syndicate missions have then though.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Could be just a loading problem?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

How would they even.... Sigh.

Parkour 1.5

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    finally took the excal p out for a spin, and I must say I like these changes.

though I did accidentally do the Money Dance in front of a mastery 0 and two mastery 2's on my first go.

excal p, edo p accessories, prisma skin and helmet, prime syandana and blindingly white (from the Ice palette) colour scheme. Just kind of shakin' the expensive booty in front of them

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Huh, looks like the loot ball is back with a vengeance. Love how it makes the loot even bigger just to make it worse to deal with.

Loot ball o' doom Think i'll call this one "loot totem pole"
    *edit - looks like can't attach images?

DreadBert on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Playing around with Excal's new ult, I noticed something a little... odd. Something familiar... something that inspires a little deja vu. I can't quite put my finger on what it is though.

I24qevu.jpg

br4hFYU.jpg

hmmmmmmm

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

though I did accidentally do the Money Dance in front of a mastery 0 and two mastery 2's on my first go.

excal p, edo p accessories, prisma skin and helmet, prime syandana and blindingly white (from the Ice palette) colour scheme. Just kind of shakin' the expensive booty in front of them

My Excalibur Prime is slightly less balling because I don't have the Prime syadana

I am using Skana Prime however

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Maddoc wrote: »

My Excalibur Prime is slightly less balling because I don't have the Prime syadana

I am using Skana Prime however

right, that's the other thing I had on.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Speaking of Excalibur Prime

I'm finally glad that it has a V slot aura, thankful that I never bothered forma'ing it

• Options
    edited June 2015
    what other v slot aura's are there? I only have rifle amp

nevermind I think I know the one you mean.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    what other v slot aura's are there? I only have rifle amp

That... Might be it?

Edit: Oh I thought you meant aside from Steel Charge, yeah. Steel Charge is rad as fuck on Excal now.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ye gods, when did they buff the Amprex with chaining off allies and LOKI DECOY, with the extension mod its just insanely good thanks to arc's not caring about terrain. The decoy trick is making it really ammo efficient now too, thanks to almost no waste on overkill or moving targets.

DreadBert on
  • Options
    So apparently they fixed the shockwave from Exalted Blade do that now it inherits elemental and physical damage mods, along with power intensity

But in the process broke it so that our no longer inherits base damage

Two steps forward, one step back, we'll get there eventually

Also reddit is reporting that nullifier fields no longer block the shockwave, which is a pretty major boon for soloing

• Options
    Breaking news: @General_Armchair has just sold all non-Excalibur warframes

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Breaking news: @General_Armchair has just sold all non-Excalibur warframes

Psh, he's not that short-sighted, it won't take DE long at all to fix a nerf to their beloved nullifiers.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
This discussion has been closed.