As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You got your Puyo Puyo in my Tetris!

LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stewWhen it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
Did you grow up playing Puyo Puyo?
SQI8SdR.png
Pictured: Dr. Drobotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Or were you raised on Tetris?
kC7lxgR.jpg
Pictured: Tetris

What If I told you you could finally do both at once?
DWanEyJ.jpg
Pictured: Speed Racer's Nightmares

Puyo Puyo Tetris is a japanese puzzle game combining both the Puyo Puyo and Tetris series for the first time ever into the hottest release of like 6 months ago. the game doesn't always look like the above. It has a single player campaign, 1 player vs AI as well as Local and Online Multiplayer with the following modes:

Puyo Puyo
Just a standard game of Puyo Puyo where you try to setup chains of 4+ of the same colored Puyos clearing at once to cause garbage to drop on your opponent to win the game.
Tetris
Just a standard game of Tetris where you try to setup chains of 4+ lines clearing at once to cause garbage raise up under your opponent to win the game.
Puyo-Tet Mix
A game where both Puyos and Tetrominos drop onto the same field and make it incredibly hard to do either.
Swap
A game where you play both Puyo Puyo and Tetris on two seperate fields swapping the active field every 30 seconds.
Big Bang
The lesser of the modes, given a field with easy solution (like say a filled in field with staggered slots for a long tetris piece) that piece will continue to drop until you clear the board and a new board with a new solution will appear. you deal damage to you opponent by clearing your boards faster.
Party
Somewhat similar to battle Tetris variants power ups will appear on the board that will either help you or hinder your opponent. From experience it seems to be the most hectic games.

Enough about the modes, who do I play as?

A small sampling of the playable characters is as follows:
The Fish
BFyTILi.png

Doctor Dog, The Dog Doctor
rAioeGw.jpg

Shojou Sam Flynn
Ip0gKRn.png

Satan
UrxjVWB.png

Enough text, it's 2015 do you have a youtube video I can watch instead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XcLz7sUMXk

Alright, how do I play this Japanese game?
It's out on every system except 360 and the original Wii, the only ones that are region free (thus playable on an American system) are Ps3, PS4 and Xbox One. It's only available on disc though which means you'll have to import a copy the old school way. There are a number of us who play on PS4 and you can get a copy at NCSX or at Play-Asia
You can view a Translation here

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Talk to me when they make a mashup of Leisure Suit Larry and Dr. Mario

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    this game fuckin' rules

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    You can get the game on Vita too.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    You can get the game on Vita too.

yeah but then you can't play it

with me

• Options
    Look, I needed a version of Tetris I could carry around.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Plus, is the vita region free? I would have loved to gotten this on 3DS but I don't feel like buying a Japanese 3DS.

• Options
    The Vita is totally region free.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Also hooooollly shit the mark up on the price on those links.

You can get the game for $34-$38 from Amazon Japan, but they only ship the game within Japan. I had dv8cag ship my copy to me with a bunch of stuff I was already proxy ordering with them.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'd never even heard of that site and just went with big name import sites as this was the first time I'd imported something in years.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    This is a great game, though I can't help but feel you might get more interest in G&T.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE CORE GIANT BOMB SE++ DEMOGRAPHIC

i played this with people yesterday it was fun

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    This is a great game, though I can't help but feel you might get more interest in G&T.

yeqh but then you aren't playing with se++ peeps

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I have this game... But on Xbone. I got it before I got a PS4. :(