As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Only a Carpathian would be stupid enough to post in the [Trailers] thread

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Hemsworth is no Annie Potts.

oh god...the crowd surfing...wut?

why is the secretary the love interest? That just....blurghab...

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »

Because have you seen Chris Hemsworth?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    You know a comedy is gonna suck when these are the jokes they decided to show off in the trailer.

I just want to point out that Spy had one of the worst trailers of the year when it came out, which seriously hurt it at the box office, and it went on to get incredible reviews and was a fantastic movie.

The trailers aren't great, but none of his films previously have had great trailers. They've still been good at the theater.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    You know a comedy is gonna suck when these are the jokes they decided to show off in the trailer.

I just want to point out that Spy had one of the worst trailers of the year when it came out, which seriously hurt it at the box office, and it went on to get incredible reviews and was a fantastic movie.

The trailers aren't great, but none of his films previously have had great trailers. They've still been good at the theater.

Spy's trailers made it look Paul Blart bad.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    They let her drop because only dudes crowd surf, apparently.

Not because she literally has a glowing nuclear reactor strapped to her back or anything.

Isn't letting a nuclear reactor drop considerably more dangerous?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Dropping Patty is odd, since it looks like Abby jumps into the crowd first, and they catch her? It's probably edited wrong and Patty jumps first in the movie, and then they catch the second one to do it?

I liked the tits logo joke a lot. It's a lot more subtle than everything else in these trailers, poking fun at folks categorising them as Female Ghostbusters rather than just, yknow, Ghostbusters.

Also, a ghost with a big bust.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hah, I didn't even catch that. Bravo :tell_me_more:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

I've only seen the first trailer, and I don't think it had anything that could be called a joke. Maybe the exorcism slapping, but other than that, there was literally nothing in the movie that was even remotely funny. Ha ha, ghost puke, you see, she's getting puked on, laugh.

My original take on this was something like Mad Max: Fury Road. When I first saw the Fury Road posters, I thought that the third movie wasn't that good, and this just looked like a dubious unneeded sequel with a not-Mel Gibson as Max, and Ms. Theron instead of Tina Turner. Ghostbusters (the reboot) was looking similar. I didn't like the second one, this one looked to be an unasked for sequel that was going with an all female cast as a gimmick. Of course, Fury Road turned out to be balls out awesome, so fine, I'll keep an eye on this and maybe it'll turn out to be great and funny and I'll forget all about the dancing toaster. The trailer did absolutely nothing to make me think the movie would even be interesting, much less funny and/or great.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

I'm more of a Ruffalo kinda guy.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I personally think it completely misses the tone of the ghostbusters films.

None of the og guys bar maybe Venkman would try to do a crowdsurf and when they dropped him, he'd groan in pain, work his way up with maybe Egon lending a hand and make a smart ass comment. The original ghost busters (and I've said this before) were real people, they come across as lived-in characters, these guys all come across incredibly bland.

I did like the scene of them walking into New York against that gaggle of ghosts, but that's about it.

And I like Ghostbusters 2 pretty much as much as 1, I don't get the hate for it. I liked the concept of the slime and I liked Vigo. And Ghostbusters 3, while not as good as either, does have a good plot that delves into the whole Ivo Shandor stuff, the origin of the slime that Vigo actually kinda steals, I think, I may be remembering wrong.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    And I like Ghostbusters 2 pretty much as much as 1, I don't get the hate for it. I liked the concept of the slime and I liked Vigo. And Ghostbusters 3, while not as good as either, does have a good plot that delves into the whole Ivo Shandor stuff, the origin of the slime that Vigo actually kinda steals, I think, I may be remembering wrong.

No, you've got it--the 2009 game is mostly Ivo Shandor-focused, but ties it with the sequel, since it turns out Shandor was the one manufacturing all the slime in the first place (and it just sat around unused until GB II).

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    That new trailer seems to have taken some inspiration from that fan edit

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I noticed they changed it from 4 scientists to 4 friends in the title scroll.

so it was a mistake... nice.. that always bodes well for a film.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    I noticed they changed it from 4 scientists to 4 friends in the title scroll.

so it was a mistake... nice.. that always bodes well for a film.

It kinda depends how much you want to stretch it. In the videogame, which is considered canon according to Aykroyd, Winston got a doctorate.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    lolpinions and whatnot, but I actually like the look of the ghosts.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »

In isolation, any one of em would look great. I just don't like that they ALL have that same neon glow. Each of the ghosts in the original movies had a unique look. These ones are just all too samey, yknow?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Bobble wrote: »

I just think they are too bright.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Who knows, when all the effects are ready maybe it will better suit your taste. I'm especially curious about the ghost Leslie encounters in the sewers. It looks like a victim from a electronic chair with those metal straps around his legs.

The green dragon seems cool, so far humans are blue, monsters are green, will demons like mayhem be red?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

I'm more of a Ruffalo kinda guy.

Why choose?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    They dragged poor Chris Hemsworth into the Ghostbusters reboot?

Oh wait, he was in the Vacation reboot too. Never mind.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Huh.

I liked The second Ghostbusters trailer.

Guys, I think I might end up liking this movie what do

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    People are of course entitled to have whatever opinions and feelings about the Ghostbusters reboot and its trailers as they like. But if Youtube could just stop suggesting I should watch the apparently endless cavalcade of videos five times as long as the actual trailers in which MRA/Gamergate tosspots explain why said trailers suck and also they're totally not sexists at all, that would be wonderful.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    That second trailer is somehow worse than the first.

The jokes are not aiming for much are they. Puke + boobs + people fall down + ??? = Profit!

The one thing I do like is the look of the ghosts. I know many don't like it, but I really like the neon glow of the ghosts. So that's something.

Also, since it's a movie with women, and guns are phallic, of course one of the women have to lick her gun. :?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    The trailers are leaving me confused. Is this a full reboot of the series, or is it some semi-sequel-reboot where the original actually took place. That whole '30 years ago 4 scientists saved the world' thing is a strange thing to put in the trailer if the movie doesn't take place in that universe.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    They dragged poor Chris Hemsworth into the Ghostbusters reboot?

Oh wait, he was in the Vacation reboot too. Never mind.

Don't forget the Red Dawn reboot, where Thor beats the shit out of some Chinese Koreans nonspecific Asian commies.

The point is, Thor is in a lot of movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoe7BdGdlg

• Options
    Wasn't he also a very ripped hacker in some terrible movie recently?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »
    The trailers are leaving me confused. Is this a full reboot of the series, or is it some semi-sequel-reboot where the original actually took place. That whole '30 years ago 4 scientists saved the world' thing is a strange thing to put in the trailer if the movie doesn't take place in that universe.

I think it is a red herring and the 30 years ago 4 scientists/friends will actually be these characters and there will be some sort of time travel mcguffin thing.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Wasn't he also a very ripped hacker in some terrible movie recently?

Blackhat iirc?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

I think it is a red herring and the 30 years ago 4 scientists/friends will actually be these characters and there will be some sort of time travel mcguffin thing.

They go back in time and accidentally kill the original Ghostbusters.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

They go back in time and accidentally kill the original Ghostbusters.

Actually I think that would be incredibly hilarious

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    SQUEEEE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us

Does whatever a something something! <3

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Someone got me pictures of Spiderman.

• Options
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, that's nothing. I just saw a poster for this at the theater last night and THIS is AMAZING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPxI4yOKdgc
    Oh, god, why.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I hope the reasoning for the conflict is more clear-cut and better motivated than it was in the trailer. Otherwise, I'm ready. Cap 2 is the best non-Spiderman 2 Marvel movie, so I have high hopes that they can make something good out of this.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »
    Man, that's nothing. I just saw a poster for this at the theater last night and THIS is AMAZING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPxI4yOKdgc
    Oh, god, why.

So now we officially know Kevin Spacey has murdered someone. Because he obviously doesn't need the money, and there's no way he'd do that movie unless someone had serious dirt on him.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Oh my gaaaaaahd these hack frauds are doing another Plinkett review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sU7bsDhgxU

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    nsfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S207jSgL_jw

Danny McBride had better show up somewhere.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I do not feel good after watching the international trailer. I was on the fence after the first one, but this seems to be generic millennial comedy.

And you know what? That's fine. I like Ghostbusters 2, maybe this will be someones favorite movie. But it's looking like a redbox at best currently.

I absolutely love Ghostbusters 2 and in a lot of ways, I like it more than Ghostbusters 1 and I will defend that movie to my death.

This reboot looks boring as hell, but I look forward to reading someone else defending it on an internet forum in 20 years.

EDIT: Actually, I like Fem-Egon, she seems to be having a good time.

As an OG Egon fan, Fem-Egon is the ONLY redeeming thing about the reboot. And I feel funny, in a weird, but good way :-).

And if it tanks, its all on the director, Feig. I didn't like the way, he came in on a high-horse over the controversy last year, and started "campaigning" [not going to get into specifics here, since its off topic, but I will end it at that.].

The international trailer enhanced my fears about this movie.