Options

Only a Carpathian would be stupid enough to post in the [Trailers] thread

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Boyd Crowder you rascally man.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Addicted to Fresno, moer like Addicted to Fres-NO, right guys?

Hateful 8 looks fine, that wasn't a teaser trailer, it was a trailer. And Sam Jackson is the bad guy (didn't read the script, don't know if Tarantino changed it or what)

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    That reminds me, I need to get around to watching Django Unchained.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Handgimp wrote: »
    That reminds me, I need to get around to watching Django Unchained.

Make sure to get the edited to not make you uncomfortable version...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Aubrey Plazza was in that trailer for less than 2 seconds.

• Options
    So was my interest in the movie! It was like a teenage boy having sex for the first time "Oh oh oh man, I'm done thanks uhh I'll clean up" that movie looks like the kind of charades indie movie a friend of a friend recommends over and over again like someone gives a shit.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    New Showtime show with The 'Matti and Captain Winters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_raEUMLL-ZI

Looks interesting.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Rich people are awful and yet untouchable, the tv show.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I didn't mind the Olyphant version. I mean sure it had the ridiculous sword fight (which was awesome) but it also had the stupid "Bald man switches clothes no one notices" fun of the hitman franchise. Plus you know Hitman Raylan Givens.

Just listened to an Olyphant interview (yes, another Nerdist podcast). They were talking about how abruptly Deadwood was canceled. He received the call literally a couple days after buying a new house. "And that's how you end up shaving your head and flying to Bulgaria".

Yessss, Thank you. I had no idea he did an ep of Nerdist and just dug through the archives to find it. It was a great interview.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The disc release of Inside Out will come with a new short, Riley's First Date, which has its own sneak peek here. (couldn't find a youtube link)

madparrot on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Rich people are awful and yet untouchable, the tv show.
    This does indeed sound like a hard sell to watch 7-8 hours of, but otoh Paul Giamatti!!! *squeeee*
    I just gotta ask: Do you remember when you saw The Negotiator, ~20 years ago? Did you also pay notice to the plump little comic relief sidekick dude in that and expected to see more of him? It's just so amazing to see how that guy has advanced through the years.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    I didn't mind the Olyphant version. I mean sure it had the ridiculous sword fight (which was awesome) but it also had the stupid "Bald man switches clothes no one notices" fun of the hitman franchise. Plus you know Hitman Raylan Givens.

Just listened to an Olyphant interview (yes, another Nerdist podcast). They were talking about how abruptly Deadwood was canceled. He received the call literally a couple days after buying a new house. "And that's how you end up shaving your head and flying to Bulgaria".

Yessss, Thank you. I had no idea he did an ep of Nerdist and just dug through the archives to find it. It was a great interview.

I love Olyphant the actor, but as a person, he's always given off a slightly jerky vibe.

Kevin Smith even sort of confirmed it- he has a story about Olyphant being sort of a jock asshole to him in the set of that Jennifer Gardner movie in which he plays the nerd buddy.

Though to be fair, I'm pretty sure Kevin Smith has a story of everyone being a jerk to him *Cue 'if meet an asshole in the morning..* line.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »

I love Olyphant the actor, but as a person, he's always given off a slightly jerky vibe.

Kevin Smith even sort of confirmed it- he has a story about Olyphant being sort of a jock asshole to him in the set of that Jennifer Gardner movie in which he plays the nerd buddy.

Though to be fair, I'm pretty sure Kevin Smith has a story of everyone being a jerk to him *Cue 'if meet an asshole in the morning..* line.

it seems he's got kind of a deadpan sarcasm that can come off as him being a jerk, but to me he seems pretty alright

also yes Kevin Smith is a fuckin marshmallow when he's not the one makin the joke

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Smith is the only one to ever say anything of Olyphant that I can recall. I mean he was on Justified for five seasons never heard a complaint about him from any of that cast.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Holy shit I'm caught up 30 pages and there's another 20 to go, so before bed I'd just like to give a shout out to @Doodmann for his prescience regarding Jurassic World.
    Doodmann wrote: »
    So they're going Deep Blue Sea with the new Jurassic park.
    Durkhanus wrote: »
    It is my sincerest hope

That when they are backed into a corner

with no way out

and no help in sight

some people are saved

By a motherfucking T-Rex.

More right than he even knew.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    There's honestly nothing in the Hateful 8 trailer that interests me. If it didn't have QT directing I don't think I'd care to learn more.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

Intriguing. To bad Star Wars is going to murder it on Christmas Day. Along with Victor Frankenstein.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what the tone of Victor Frankenstein is supposed to be. It looks like Sherlock Holmes with added horror and worse joke lines, but that creates a dissonance that is hard to reconcile.

It still looks better than the last Frankenstein movie we got.

• Options
    Yeah that Frankenstein really is aping the Richie Sherlock Holmes, but I'm confused as to who is supposed to be the protagonist/antagonist, or even the point!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Between the I, Frankenstein and the Underworld movies, I consider all the monster movies to just be DTV garbage unless I hear otherwise from reviewers.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Between the I, Frankenstein and the Underworld movies, I consider all the monster movies to just be DTV garbage unless I hear otherwise from reviewers.

To be fair the Underworld movies are entertaining garbage. Probably better suited for a tv show.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    oh shit was that moriarty tho (bbc not guy ritchie)

like, he alone just spiked my interest in this

did they also have mycroft? (also bbc)

i mean those two alone...

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    How about some more video game trailers?

X-Com 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqGhVEyXejc

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSs5b6y-YM

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Victor Frankenstein looks cheap and dull, and can't even be bothered to be released before Halloween. And Radcliffe's hair is hella fake. At least the other recent Frankenstein movie dealt with his monster using devil sticks to fight demons, that's something more original than "dude, where's my monster."

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

Movie looks awful, but the placeholder image will haunt my dreams.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Love the look and feel of this. Definitely my kind of film. Hope the finished product is as interesting as the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXmlf3Sefg

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zthfWPzsM4

An actor/comedian with a sports background actually trying this for realsies instead of just being lolz manchild funny would actually be interesting to see.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zthfWPzsM4

An actor/comedian with a sports background actually trying this for realsies instead of just being lolz manchild funny would actually be interesting to see.

Its called the Seattle Mariners they play from april to september...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That Witch trailer looks interesting.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Old timey children are terrifying.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    So zomie films are dead, thats good.

pleasepaypreacher.net