As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Being a [Superhero] is as easy as playing Diablo!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    So someone asked Tom Brevoort where The One Above All was when the multiverse was destroyed, and his response was to post the cover of Last Days of Loki: Agent of Asgard

which makes me really curious about what that book is going to cover
    The One Above All shows up in the preview for next week's issue actually

Nah, that's just the leader of Those Who Sit Above In Shadow. The One Above All is at least a couple pay grades up from that.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    Just watched the Supergirl trailers.

Looks pretty okay.

That they're listing the executive producer/s involved is always cause for a little concern, but whatever.

Jimmy Olsen seemed kind of not really classic Jimmy Olsen.

I guess that's okay, but change confuses and upsets my autistic brain.

What if this "James Olsen" still wound up becoming a giant Turtle-man somehow for an episode?

Werewolf James would also be acceptable.

Just give me a different transformation once every, let's say, four episodes

Werewolf, Giant Turtle, Genie, Married To A Gorilla, Covered In Spines, Giant Brain, Elasti-Lad

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    every villain Supergirl goes up against turns out to be a Jimmy Olsen transformation to train her

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So I read Deadpool kills deadpool and unless its changed currently only 1 deadpool existed in the multiverse during the whole multiverse collapse. Is he in any tie ins?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Looks pretty okay.

That they're listing the executive producer/s involved is always cause for a little concern, but whatever.

Uh, why?

How is "This superhero show is brought to you by the people that made these other superhero shows you like!" a cause for concern?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I read Deadpool kills deadpool and unless its changed currently only 1 deadpool existed in the multiverse during the whole multiverse collapse. Is he in any tie ins?
    Only Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars which follows the stories in his ongoing where they put Deadpool into eras of comics before he existed by having him show up in the original Secret Wars.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Keith wrote: »

Looks pretty okay.

Uh, why?

How is "This superhero show is brought to you by the people that made these other superhero shows you like!" a cause for concern?

yeah, "this is made by the people who made The Flash and Arrow" is really a huge selling point for me, I'm glad they put it in the trailer (even if I already knew)

it probably made me a lot more tolerant of some of the sillier/cheesier bits of the trailer, knowing that they've proven they can juggle/minimize those plotlines pretty well

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Hah

I hadn't heard that

Could be pretty good

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm going to read all of Simonson's Thor, eventually, then eventually, some day, read Aaron's Thor. I bought the first three volumes of Simonson's Thor last night. They should be here early next week, thanks to amazon prime.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Well, Executive Producers can also have varying levels of actual input on the shows they produce, ranging from 'decent amount' to 'none at all.' They lend name credibility, but it can't be assumed that they'll have an active role in shaping the shows narrative.

• Options
    Brandon Routh says that Ray Palmer is the leader of the team in Legends of Tomorrow and will really find his footing as the Atom, and a superhero, on the show

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Only Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars which follows the stories in his ongoing where they put Deadpool into eras of comics before he existed by having him show up in the original Secret Wars.

Hmm. I dont know if Hickman likes the character but its odd thats the only tie in. Maybe hes got a bigger role in the main book?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Hmm. I dont know if Hickman likes the character but its odd thats the only tie in. Maybe hes got a bigger role in the main book?
    It's not really that odd

Deadpool isn't that big of a character in terms of importance in the MU and the last event he had a major role on was Doomwar and that was years ago

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Wait no totally forgot about Axis

But that was because of his connection to Evan more than his importance as Deadpool

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

It's not really that odd

Deadpool isn't that big of a character in terms of importance in the MU and the last event he had a major role on was Doomwar and that was years ago

and he works much better on the fringe of events, where the writers can take a more satirical view on the goings-on

• Options
    There's also Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos by the creative team of Deadpool

which I am excited for and know they went with Mrs. Deadpool instead of Shiklah because of marketability and brand recognition shit but man that title feels kinda gross

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

He also says his favorite artists are Walter Simonson and Bill Sienkiewicz

Okay maybe New Mutants is in good hands

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    if we actually get a New Mutants inspired by Bill Sinkiewicz's work I will be so happy

tumblr_mv9g01njt91rk7w2qo1_1280.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    that also makes me very hopeful we'll get the classic line-up which is great cause I like pretty much all of them

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    There isn't anything about that style I like

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I love that art

typically in his actual interior work it's not stylised, which I think is a good thing

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Comic fans can still be totally off the mark and make a bad comicbook movie

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Comic fans can still be totally off the mark and make a bad comicbook movie
    Yes

But it is a better sign than someone who has no idea who the New Mutants are

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Solar wrote: »
    I love that art

typically in his actual interior work it's not stylised, which I think is a good thing

I don't think that's accurate, it's not AS stark and crazy as his painted stuff but it's still pretty stylized

30-rage.jpg

03-27-2011%2B05%253B07%253B36PM.jpg
    new-mutants-x-shot.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I wonder if the Legion arc would work well as a movie

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    jeez, those sure are some pages

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Honestly I like the more modern x-kids a lot more than the OG New Mutants.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Sienkiewicz is great

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    So someone asked Tom Brevoort where The One Above All was when the multiverse was destroyed, and his response was to post the cover of Last Days of Loki: Agent of Asgard

which makes me really curious about what that book is going to cover

he died in 1994

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SxrWLyI.jpg

I am all about this costume

• Options
    although it could use a point nose face mask and the hat could have ears

but otherwise yeah

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Matches Malone, P.I.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Okay I'm reading New Avengers

Steve Rogers you are in a super secret meeting with people who all know who you are, not least because you introduce yourself

You can probably take the mask off

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Okay I'm reading New Avengers

Steve Rogers you are in a super secret meeting with people who all know who you are, not least because you introduce yourself

You can probably take the mask off

Steve's identity as captain america is public, the mask isn't to protect his identity, it's just part of the uniform!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It can't possibly be comfortable!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    He's a superhero, life-or-death battles can start up at any moment. Hell, think how things would have gone if the helmet were magic-mind-wipe proof.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    It can't possibly be comfortable!

Oh no, they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Watched Age of Ultron last night.

It was pretty great.

Surprised there wasn't a scene after all the credits like usual.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    although it could use a point nose face mask and the hat could have ears

but otherwise yeah

It's real subtle but it's there, like how Jack Murdock's hood creates the outline of horns in Daredevil.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I love that art

I don't think that's accurate, it's not AS stark and crazy as his painted stuff but it's still pretty stylized

30-rage.jpg

03-27-2011%2B05%253B07%253B36PM.jpg
    new-mutants-x-shot.jpg

Yeah I meant to put "as stylised"

His interiors were still definitely pretty intense, just not so abstract as that sketch

This discussion has been closed.