As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey. How's your day going?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I started taking probiotics today.

I was specifically instructed by a man with the most Australian accent on earth to "crack open a cap of gut flowers and pour it over your morning cereal".

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Solar wrote: »
    How long was it? I always find long car rides/drives (like a couple hours or longer) to be really fatiguing.

four hours

why'd the bastards have to get married in Norwich, of all places, I ask you!

Oh bless your heart.
    <3

Yukira on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Let me tell you about my road trip from minnesota to South Carolina next to someone who hated me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah?! Well I was once in a car ride from Homer, Alaska to Buenos Aires!

I wasn't, really, I just wanted to be part of the discussion.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Oh yeah?! Well I was once in a car ride from Homer, Alaska to Buenos Aires!

I wasn't, really, I just wanted to be part of the discussion.

Last year my mom flew to Virginia and bought a car from her dad, then drove it to Texas to see my wife and I, then she drove it to Arizona to see an old friend, then she drove it home to Alaska. She also had my 12 year old, hyperactive as fuck brother with her too. That's a pretty long drive!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    This past Saturday, I drove 500 miles--SC to MD--with my ill cousin, her three-year-old, and her fourteen-year-old Corgi. I can normally do that drive in seven and a half hours if traffic is reasonable. It took eleven, and my car still smells like spilled Pediasure.

And my mom is driving the three of them back to SC this weekend temporarily. (They're still coming to live with me ultimately, but we just found out today that the hospital back home can do the transplant she needs faster than Johns Hopkins can. I am torn between stoked and furious at her doctor that never mentioned this possibility to us.)

In other news, I might not have a herniated disk in my neck, but whatever's wrong is getting worse. I still have pain along my shoulder blade and in my neck, and I am having more and more difficulty swallowing. It's interfering with my ability to talk. (Not in English, yet, but I was trying to tell my mom how to pronounce something in German earlier and I can't make the "ch" sound.) Going back to the doctor tomorrow.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    I'm excited and hopeful for your cousin, angry that their doctor was a butt, and sorry about whatever's wrong with your neck.

And I seriously hope things work out for you and her.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I saw spoon yesterday. They were really really good. The midland is a beautiful venue

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I fell asleep in my car earlier, and it now occurs to me that maybe sleeping in such an awkward position is not the best for my achy knees after the yardwork I've been doing!

Also, sucky guy is sitting next to me in class and ugh. I feel bad because I think the guy has some severe problems but man, he's hard to put up with.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    When he saw his grade on a redone assignment he threw a little tantrum! He's currently angrily pacing in front of the teacher on our break while he waits to get a chance to talk to him, and was muttering to himself the whole class period up to the break.

Also when he talks to himself he does it REALLY loudly like he expects an answer?

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I worked extra hard to get our office ready for our remodel grand opening. So I did that for 5 hours. Then I got paid to hang out and drink beer and eat food.

And at the end of the party...

dwkkleu1ucq7.jpg

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    My dad's coming home tonight. That should be interesting.

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I worked extra hard to get our office ready for our remodel grand opening. So I did that for 5 hours. Then I got paid to hang out and drink beer and eat food.

dwkkleu1ucq7.jpg

Is that your swag bag?

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

dwkkleu1ucq7.jpg

Is that your swag bag?

That is a picture of the beer in my fridge at home. A case of beer and a bottle of wine.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Creagan wrote: »
    My dad's coming home tonight. That should be interesting.

Fingers crossed it goes well!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    So I've been trying to nail down funding for the Japanese grad program I got accepted to earlier this year, and I think I've finally got it sorted out as of today. Lords knows I'm gonna be drowning in debt when I'm done, but for now, it's a good day!

• Options
    Houk wrote: »
    So I've been trying to nail down funding for the Japanese grad program I got accepted to earlier this year, and I think I've finally got it sorted out as of today. Lords knows I'm gonna be drowning in debt when I'm done, but for now, it's a good day!

Debt shmedt. A life without debt is a life with no risk taken or adventures, which is no fun!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »

Debt shmedt. A life without debt is a life with no risk taken or adventures, which is no fun!

That's actually pretty much where I'm at. Plus, I just finished paying off all my previous debt last year. I figure I'm ready for another round! (And also if this works out, my earning potential will be 2-3 times higher than it was before minimum, so fuck it)

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I should work out again.

It's like I just looked down in the shower one day to suddenly realize I'm gaining a gut.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I should work out again.

It's like I just looked down in the shower one day to suddenly realize I'm gaining a gut.

Oh so that's where mine went! My bad.

I lost 45 pounds from January to April and then stopped wanting to eat food that tasted bad.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    guys I think I might actually be a... good tutor?

I overheard one of my students today talking about how he feels like he learns so much every single week and a couple of others have been like, coming up to me after class to continue our discussion

I was worried about this week because we're reading Spenser and don't tell my supervisor but the Shepheardes Calendar is actually super boring

but the class took to it super naturally, I barely had to say anything

also the dungeons and dragons blog I'm writing with my brother is really beginning to take off

• Options
    My dad's home. He's trying to be nice and behave himself. It's awkward. But the dogs are ecstatic.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Um, well today was kind of crap for a plethora of reasons

But I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be better, so there's that

• Options
    Creagan wrote: »
    My dad's home. He's trying to be nice and behave himself. It's awkward. But the dogs are ecstatic.

I hope everything works out perfectly. But more than that, I hope you don't get sucked back into the same cycle of abuse. Best of luck on this, and don't let him fuck you up...

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    rip drug thread and drug thread bros tbh

shout outs to fandyien, tossrock, george fornby grill, and that one guy from los angeles with the muppets avatar that always agreed and awesomed my posts

tonight goes out to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

sig.png
  • Options
    Usagi wrote: »
    Um, well today was kind of crap for a plethora of reasons

But I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be better, so there's that

All will be well. Just channel your inner Furiosa.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    In a quiet pub in Sheffield two Brits are having a nice conversation,
    "oh yeah, it took a while, about three hours to get-"
    BOOM
    SUDDENLY

AMERICANS. AUSTRALIANS. EVERYWHERE.
    "YOU THINK THATS A LONG WAY I HAD TO DO DRIVE FOR FIFTEEN YEARS TO VISIT MY AUNT"

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Might be able to go to sleep now. Neighbors decided to turn their entire property into a giant club for the day, starting from at least 8pm (I got home at 9 and Nuka said it had been going on for a while) and only started calming down about an hour ago when I gave up on SPD responding for a noise ordnance complaint and I just walked right over into their courtyard and gave them hell.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    BOOM
    SUDDENLY

"YOU THINK THATS A LONG WAY I HAD TO DO DRIVE FOR FIFTEEN YEARS TO VISIT MY AUNT"

Finally Americans and Australians can come together and share a common interest

Belittling Brits

:p

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If anything we're jealous of how relatively close everything is there. I wish I didn't have to spend an entire day on the road to visit some of my friends or family.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    The only downside to my Focus is a 12+ hour drive makes my tailbone sore.

Just the tailbone.

Yesterday was oddly shitty, so I slept for about 10 hours. Today should be better.

Also, SE++ would make an interesting pub.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    BOOM
    SUDDENLY

Belittling Brits

Being sour to the English Empire is something that can unite the world, even the British

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuuuuck

I blew my nose a little bit ago and it trapped air in my inner ear something and everything started spinning and I got really nauseous and almost threw up. I managed to get the pressure down, but I'm still nauseous and shaky and got a cold sweat going

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Awesome, that sore throat turned into a hacking cough and then a fever and I was sweating and shivering all night and slept like shit and now I just called in to work. I feel bad doing it because night shift and my shift are covering for day shift today and tomorrow while they run drills and they can't afford to have too many people call in, but I just can't do it today.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    BOOM
    SUDDENLY

Belittling Brits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzqD38yXm0

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I kid the brits

• Options
    I just spent about an hour trying to chase down the status of a project that the subcontractors I'm working with told me should be completing the final step next wednesday

after looking through all my records, and both online status/assignment systems we have, I couldn't even find record that said project existed

Finally got an email from the contractor saying they'd misspoke and we were good

yay mid-day freakouts!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    So my uncle is dying.

He's had Diabetes for years and never really took it seriously. He's lost a couple toes and refused dialysis, and now he's in super late stages and dialysis won't work for him anymore so his prognosis is weeks.

He's my mother's sister's husband and even though he's been around my whole life, I wouldn't say we were ever really close. In fact I've always thought he's kind of a jackass, but still. My mum said I should drop my aunt a line to lend some support and I am trying but I don't know what to say.

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    So my uncle is dying.

He's had Diabetes for years and never really took it seriously. He's lost a couple toes and refused dialysis, and now he's in super late stages and dialysis won't work for him anymore so his prognosis is weeks.

He's my mother's sister's husband and even though he's been around my whole life, I wouldn't say we were ever really close. In fact I've always thought he's kind of a jackass, but still. My mum said I should drop my aunt a line to lend some support and I am trying but I don't know what to say.

This is really hard

I have never been close to my dad's parents and trying to help my dad through his father's death and his mothers decline was really tricky.

But honestly? "I'm sorry, we all love you and are thinking of you" is going to help, even if it doesn't seem like it

• Options
    number13number13 Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    So my uncle is dying.

Well, there's no catch-all to something like this, but I'm kind of in the same boat: Diabetes, looking at the possibility of transplants and possibly starting Dialysis, so not as severe, but

I dunno. I've had it for a long time. And while I can't speak for him, a lot of times when shit hits the fan medically I find that I personally just kinda close up a little bit on things around me and deal with it myself, much to the aggravation of my immediate family. But that doesn't mean that it's not nice to hear from people or, in fact, that I don't prefer to. It's a little shitty, to be honest, but if I'm not talking or not reaching out it's cause I'm loaded up mentally already, but it's super nice to just have somebody talk to you and know they're there even if that person you're talking to doesn't really reciprocate the feeling out loud.

So, I mean, for what my suggestion is worth, just shoot the shit with him? See if he's been doing anything to pass the time? I hate talking about surgeries and various doctors appointments that I have, but I will brighten up considerably if we're just talking about something that can take my mind off all the other shit.

I'm sorry to hear about what he's going through, though. Best of luck.

2w3e5cp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.