As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    A dev has confirmed that the only required masteries for the upcoming raid release will be Glider Basics and Updraft Use, and that even then they wont come into play until the third encounter.

Though, a couple of posters mention that there were speed 'shrooms in the BW3 raid preview. So whilst not required, other masteries may certainly prove to be advantageous to have.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Wow, I sent a support ticket in last night saying I'd inadvertently deleted a character who had the endless minding/foresting/harvesting tools on them, and they sent me an email with those tools to me! Kudos to their support team. I really didn't expect that, especially since it was a straight up dummy move on my part. That's like 3000 gems they didn't have to give back. <3

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    A dev has confirmed that the only required masteries for the upcoming raid release will be Glider Basics and Updraft Use, and that even then they wont come into play until the third encounter.

Though, a couple of posters mention that there were speed 'shrooms in the BW3 raid preview. So whilst not required, other masteries may certainly prove to be advantageous to have.

If they have an adrenal mushroom in there anywhere we'll probably just flat out win the associated encounter if there's a chronomancer around.

Permanent quickness and alacrity for all!

naengwen on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    its the weekend!

Saturday night is for WVW!
    Sunday afternoon is Lea's guild mihies- soooo goood!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Speaking of infinite gathering tools (and I've bought several sets), the new flute ones are awesome. :D

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    So, we now have the mats in the treasury for our choice of either Critical Harvesting (boo) or PvP Rank (Yay) guild enhancements.

If neither of those enhancements sounds appealing to you, and you'd like to expand the options for our next enhancement upgrade, we're going to need more glass jugs.

Glass Jugs are made by Jewelcrafters, and each jug takes 9 Coarse Sand and 4 Thermocatalytic Reagents. The Reagents are easy, but the Sand is a pain: Coarse Sand is acquired from silky sand, and it's what you get when you do not get any keys or Wastes currency (so be prepared to get annoyed at getting what was a month ago a lucky string of drops from sand.) Fastest ways to farm the silky sand you need to loot Coarse Sand is either doing events and killing dust mites in Dry Top during a high tier Sandstorm phase, or get in a Silverwastes chest farm map, as bandit chests also drop sand. Dust Mites can also be found in Verdant Brink, on a plateau west of the Shrouded Ruins waypoint; though I wouldn't call it a good place to farm for sand, it's an option if you want to earn HoT mastery xp at the same time.

Also, when Guild leadership has decided on which enhancement to upgrade, the next one is going to also need more kegs. It takes 60 Flax seeds to make the linseed oil for a single keg, so never, ever leave a flax node unharvested. There is also a flax farm and the bottom of the chasm beneath Jaka Iztel Waypoint in VB, and if you park about 5-6 alts there, you'll get enough flax from that spot to make a barrel a day, with a little flax left over.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    So, we now have the mats in the treasury for our choice of either Critical Harvesting (boo) or PvP Rank (Yay) guild enhancements.

If neither of those enhancements sounds appealing to you, and you'd like to expand the options for our next enhancement upgrade, we're going to need more glass jugs.

Glass Jugs are made by Jewelcrafters, and each jug takes 9 Coarse Sand and 4 Thermocatalytic Reagents. The Reagents are easy, but the Sand is a pain: Coarse Sand is acquired from silky sand, and it's what you get when you do not get any keys or Wastes currency (so be prepared to get annoyed at getting what was a month ago a lucky string of drops from sand.) Fastest ways to farm the silky sand you need to loot Coarse Sand is either doing events and killing dust mites in Dry Top during a high tier Sandstorm phase, or get in a Silverwastes chest farm map, as bandit chests also drop sand. Dust Mites can also be found in Verdant Brink, on a plateau west of the Shrouded Ruins waypoint; though I wouldn't call it a good place to farm for sand, it's an option if you want to earn HoT mastery xp at the same time.

Also, when Guild leadership has decided on which enhancement to upgrade, the next one is going to also need more kegs. It takes 60 Flax seeds to make the linseed oil for a single keg, so never, ever leave a flax node unharvested. There is also a flax farm and the bottom of the chasm beneath Jaka Iztel Waypoint in VB, and if you park about 5-6 alts there, you'll get enough flax from that spot to make a barrel a day, with a little flax left over.

I've been farming SW for drops to sell and I know I have some Coarse Sand as a result. What level Jewelcrafter do you need to make the jugs? My mesmer has it @ 400 IIRC so if that's enough I'll be happy to make some.

(As an aside- what does Critical Harvesting do?)

• Options
    edited November 2015

I've been farming SW for drops to sell and I know I have some Coarse Sand as a result. What level Jewelcrafter do you need to make the jugs? My mesmer has it @ 400 IIRC so if that's enough I'll be happy to make some.

If I remember right, critical harvesting increases the chance of extra harvesting attempts. It might also have an effect on getting extra loot (like gems on mining nodes) as well, but a completely random guess on my part.

and yeah, it's 400 jewelcrafting to make the glass and the mugs (not jugs, why was I thinking jugs? :P)

Also, just checked the wiki, and the more enhancements we have, the more potent they are, so even if everyone has the same opinion of the critical harvesting one as I do, we'll still want to unlock it at some point.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular

We definitely need these things! However, there is no rush at the moment. We are currently working on upgrading our upgrades so we can upgrade...which is annoying but necessary. Aetherium is the time-gating that is stopping us from having All The Things Right Now, and everything costs aetherium. We need the materials by the time we're ready to hit the button, but that won't be for at least a few more days.

Thanks again to everyone who is pitching in! ANet definitely made sure it would require a guild-wide effort, and you guys are coming through beautifully. Keep an eye on the Treasury to see what we need; it'll change as we open up more stuff. :)

• Options
    Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular
    Superdupe wrote: »
    It took me 3 years, but I finally got a precursor last night! I had tons of t5 bones from killing skeles in the Labyrinth during Halloween, so I decided to take those and my overflowing amounts of mithril and elder wood and try my luck at the mystic forge. I made about 50 shields but ended up only needing 16, as I got the Chosen on my 4th combine! One of my goals pre-HoT was to be ready to craft a legendary, so I already had about 80% of the materials needed to finish Flameseeker Prophecies. That meant I turned Chosen into Flameseeker in about 2 hours, which was quite a way to cap off the night! Not the most practical legendary, especially since I main an ele, but I hate Bifrost and Flameseeker is my favorite gen 1 legendary due to its ties to the original game, and of course how cool it looks!

Anyhow, just wanted to note a milestone. In classic GW2 fashion, I had just spent 5g on Monday to unlock the precursor crafting for the Chosen, only to discover that one of the collectible items for the first tier (high quality paper I think) isn't even in the game yet. Needless to say it was quite a swing in emotions from cursing Anet's quality control on Monday to praising RNGesus last night!

That's awesome! I'm very happy for you =)

• Options

If I remember right, critical harvesting increases the chance of extra harvesting attempts. It might also have an effect on getting extra loot (like gems on mining nodes) as well, but a completely random guess on my part.

and yeah, it's 400 jewelcrafting to make the glass and the mugs (not jugs, why was I thinking jugs? :P)

Also, just checked the wiki, and the more enhancements we have, the more potent they are, so even if everyone has the same opinion of the critical harvesting one as I do, we'll still want to unlock it at some point.

All right, I will make some when I log in tonight. Any idea how many total we need?

(What are they called, exactly, so I know I'm crafting the right items?)

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Actually, would anyone be interested in doing a full organized Dry Top run sometime? Like the old days? Could be fun if we did it as a guild.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Actually, would anyone be interested in doing a full organized Dry Top run sometime? Like the old days? Could be fun if we did it as a guild.
    I would! I still need to buy some recipes. :-P Have 3 fossilized insects sitting around, and I keep missing [SAND] guild runs.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    fractals fixes round 1

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Upcoming-Fractal-Changes
    Since the launch of Heart of Thorns the Team has been monitoring feedback regarding the changes to Fractals. We’ve noticed several issues with fractal balance and rewards that are especially prominent above Fractal Level 50, and the team is working on some adjustments that we are planning to ship in December. We wanted to give you an overview of what’s coming.
    Balance
    After reviewing stat scaling we have decided to make an adjustment to how toughness scales. From fractal scale 1 to 50 the toughness stat of creatures will scale up with the fractal scale. Beyond fractal scale 50 the toughness stat of creatures will no longer increase with the scale of the fractal. This is to make damage builds more viable in higher level fractals.
    Ascended Drop Rates
    We’ve noticed some changes to ascended drop rates that are below what we were expecting. In this iteration of Fractal changes we will be increasing the drop rate of ascended gear from your Fractal dailies with an emphasis on high level Fractals rewarding more ascended armor.
    Mastery Experience
    We plan for Fractals to be an effective place to earn mastery experience. Our first step towards that goal is adding additional experience sources to boss chests at the end of each Fractal. This experience counts towards earning your Masteries for Central Tyria, and increases both for more difficult Fractals as well as with increased Fractal Scale.
    Gold
    In this iteration, there will be several changes to how fractals give out liquid rewards (gold and items designed to convert directly into gold). The negative aspect of this change is a required decrease to the amount of keys you receive from converting a stabilizing matrix from two to one. However the upside is threefold:
    First, the quantity of free Fractal Encryption Keys you receive for completing all dailies will increase.
    Second, the amount of liquid rewards Fractal Encryptions contain will be greatly increased.
    Last, the variation of liquid rewards will be reduced. We noticed that the general perception of how much the Encryptions were rewarding players and the aggregate numbers didn’t agree, they weren’t even close. We believe that the variation was set to rely too greatly on the high valued rewards. This change will make liquid rewards from fractal farming and dailies much more predictable.
    We look forward to getting these changes to you and would like to thank you for all of your constructive feedback on Fractals. We are committed to supporting fractals for the long term and we’ll be continuously monitoring them for future improvements.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I for one am glad it's getting looked at.

I'd even be ok with current liquid rewards if the difference was made up for with other items.

Condition builds had a good run...

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Supposed final boss of this wing Gorseval is made of arms, hands, tongues, vertebrae, bones, and souls.

Wanna meet that boss.

• Options
    All right, I will make some when I log in tonight. Any idea how many total we need?

Lump of Glass and Glass Mug.

As for how many you should make... unless you have enough mats for 390 mugs, I think the answer is "as many as you are willing to donate" coarse sand is also used for a couple of scribing recipes as well as some of the things you need for precursor crafting (most notably the first tier of Frostfang) so keep that in mind before you donate everything you have if you plan on working of one of those.
    Kylindra wrote: »

We definitely need these things! However, there is no rush at the moment. We are currently working on upgrading our upgrades so we can upgrade...which is annoying but necessary. Aetherium is the time-gating that is stopping us from having All The Things Right Now, and everything costs aetherium. We need the materials by the time we're ready to hit the button, but that won't be for at least a few more days.

Thanks again to everyone who is pitching in! ANet definitely made sure it would require a guild-wide effort, and you guys are coming through beautifully. Keep an eye on the Treasury to see what we need; it'll change as we open up more stuff. :)

Translation: Hope you guys have been keeping up with making charged quartz, because we're going to need more ley-line tools real soon :P.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    fractals fixes round 1

Since the launch of Heart of Thorns the Team has been monitoring feedback regarding the changes to Fractals. We’ve noticed several issues with fractal balance and rewards that are especially prominent above Fractal Level 50, and the team is working on some adjustments that we are planning to ship in December. We wanted to give you an overview of what’s coming.
    Balance
    After reviewing stat scaling we have decided to make an adjustment to how toughness scales. From fractal scale 1 to 50 the toughness stat of creatures will scale up with the fractal scale. Beyond fractal scale 50 the toughness stat of creatures will no longer increase with the scale of the fractal. This is to make damage builds more viable in higher level fractals.
    Ascended Drop Rates
    We’ve noticed some changes to ascended drop rates that are below what we were expecting. In this iteration of Fractal changes we will be increasing the drop rate of ascended gear from your Fractal dailies with an emphasis on high level Fractals rewarding more ascended armor.
    Mastery Experience
    We plan for Fractals to be an effective place to earn mastery experience. Our first step towards that goal is adding additional experience sources to boss chests at the end of each Fractal. This experience counts towards earning your Masteries for Central Tyria, and increases both for more difficult Fractals as well as with increased Fractal Scale.
    Gold
    In this iteration, there will be several changes to how fractals give out liquid rewards (gold and items designed to convert directly into gold). The negative aspect of this change is a required decrease to the amount of keys you receive from converting a stabilizing matrix from two to one. However the upside is threefold:
    First, the quantity of free Fractal Encryption Keys you receive for completing all dailies will increase.
    Second, the amount of liquid rewards Fractal Encryptions contain will be greatly increased.
    Last, the variation of liquid rewards will be reduced. We noticed that the general perception of how much the Encryptions were rewarding players and the aggregate numbers didn’t agree, they weren’t even close. We believe that the variation was set to rely too greatly on the high valued rewards. This change will make liquid rewards from fractal farming and dailies much more predictable.
    We look forward to getting these changes to you and would like to thank you for all of your constructive feedback on Fractals. We are committed to supporting fractals for the long term and we’ll be continuously monitoring them for future improvements.

Sounds like I need to buy and save as many keys with matrices as I can before this drops.

Otherwise all good news.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Lump of Glass and Glass Mug.

As for how many you should make... unless you have enough mats for 390 mugs, I think the answer is "as many as you are willing to donate" coarse sand is also used for a couple of scribing recipes as well as some of the things you need for precursor crafting (most notably the first tier of Frostfang) so keep that in mind before you donate everything you have if you plan on working of one of those.

The only things I'm more or less mostly concerned about crafting at the moment are Mawdrey and getting color on my Spinal Blades backpiece, and IIRC neither of those require the sand. :) At some point I might want to think about legendaries, but as I'm such a casual player I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

Besides, this group has been really helpful and if I can do anything to give back to it, I'm all for it.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    fractals fixes round 1

Balance
    Ascended Drop Rates
    Mastery Experience
    Gold

It blows my mind how they fuck this stuff up, honestly. A competent developer with a competent toolset should not be able to consistently make drop rate mistakes.

Also, I'd really like to see them more often outright say, "We apologize for fucking up." Pretending "perception and the aggregate numbers didn’t agree" and that fractals weren't literally pickpocketing players more often than not is fucking horseshit. Honestly, stop lying like a fucking child who broke your mom's favorite vase when you are bad at math. Apologize, fix it, change your internal procedures. Don't give us excuses and equivocations, and bullshit.

And lastly, even if they were right, which they aren't, they still fucked up! Balancing stuff in the long run aggregate is stupid and people who try to do it are stupid. Keynes didn't say" in the long run, we're all dead," because a mostly correct result at the population level over a century is a good way to make public policy (or drop rates), he said it because it isn't. Drop rates should not require 1000 fractal runs to work out, and they shouldn't fuck over players who are a few standard deviations below expected results, and those players do exist.

Maybe MMO developers should not being miserly and incompetent about rewards systems on an industry wide basis? Crazy thought...
    fractals fixes round 1

Balance
    Ascended Drop Rates
    Mastery Experience
    Gold

Sounds like I need to buy and save as many keys with matrices as I can before this drops.

Otherwise all good news.

Market is already adjusted. Too late, sucker!

• Options
    fractals fixes round 1

Balance
    Ascended Drop Rates
    Mastery Experience
    Gold

Otherwise all good news.

Market is already adjusted. Too late, sucker!

Let me rephrase:

Sounds like I need to buy and save as many keys with the 50+ matrices that I already have as I can before this drops.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I visited the Guild Hall with my lvl 15 Guardian to look around. Looked around a bit too much, wandered out of the hall and got murdered by lvl 80 boars.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I visited the Guild Hall with my lvl 15 Guardian to look around. Looked around a bit too much, wandered out of the hall and got murdered by lvl 80 boars.

:( Seems Boaring.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »

Sometimes the younglings get boared...

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »

I see that people are going to be pig-headed about this.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Bacon is tasty.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    once upon a time @mojojoeo found a stray kitten in a fractal and was like, idk what to do with this, i dont want this kitten, and i said, mojo give me the kitten, and he was like, ok

and then i went i should match this kitten

so now i changed my dyejob so now i match my kitten

ngLaYup.jpg

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Man, everyone has such awesome looking characters. Meanwhile I'm just marveling at the new hairstyle I got on my sylvari.

7jcjzdm4bz64.jpg

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Any nice Europe-servers?

Servers only matter for WvW now, since the entire (continent's) playerbase is assigned maps via the megaserver system. If you are worried about WvW, with the new maps being big you'll want to be on a big server; the current predicted top two for EU are Vizunah Square and Kodash, which are tagged as French and German respectively. After them are three servers just tagged as "Euro", meaning there are probably (as I understand it) mostly English speakers there: Desolation, Far Shiverpeaks, and Seafarer's Rest.

But you should know that WvW is a little wonky right now and the EU rankings might change in the coming months.

Also, high cheese rotation achieved. I don't know if this is MAX cheese, but there's definitely a strong whiff of camembert wafting off it:
    I did this with greatsword and sword/sword, but it would probably also work with greatsword and sword/pistol.

Start in greatsword with mirror blade. They almost never dodge it. As soon as it hits, you'll be in combat, so dodge roll for a clone and hit F5 shatter. Then, hit decoy (this is not required, but it's an instant cast and you'll get it back in a second anyway, so why not) then greatsword phantasm, then weapon swap, then sword phantasm (you'll have time, I've checked). Then your F5 shatter will revert you to where you were. Cast sword phantasm again.

Back in the day when I played phantasm mesmer (when that was still a thing), having three phantasms up meant that you'd basically won the fight. Now, with chronomancer, you can have three phantasms up, AND shatter them, AND get them back, and not only that but their cooldowns will reset, so they'll each hit again ahead of schedule. This is an absolutely stupid amount of damage, and better yet, it's long damage - meaning it takes 4-5 seconds for all of it to arrive. No way they dodge out of all of it.

I tried this on golems in the lobby and couldn't even complete the rotation before they died. I tried it in unranked matches and it was basically a guaranteed win in a 1v1. Chronomancer is the future. Embrace it you heathens.

I'm close to completing the Chronomancer track and was looking for this post. What did you trait lines look like for this build, if I may ask?

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Sigh

Sometimes you need a portal to drag pugs through CoF path 1.

Edit: Emoji broke the post.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I bought a scarf and Quaggan hat, so I guess I'm in this for the long haul. Guild invite for Deans.9415 please!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

I see that people are going to be pig-headed about this.

Please spare us the gore-y details.

But yeah, you try to mess with over leveled stuff... Stick a pork in him, he's done.

• Options
    Are we seriously going to ham up this thread?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So how feasible would it be to possible organize some guild stuff to help people get some of the Tyria mastery points that require certain achievement available out in the world? I feel like there are a few that could be achievable with a more organized group, rather praying for PUGs to not screw things up.

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    I bought a scarf and Quaggan hat, so I guess I'm in this for the long haul. Guild invite for Deans.9415 please!

What you didn't know is that quaggan hats have little tendrils inside them that take over your brain and make you play more! Muahahahahahaa.... ;)

I sent you a guild invite, hit G to bring up your guild interface to accept. Make sure you have the NICE checkbox checked when you want to represent us, and also check out the Message of the Day (MOTD) for info on our current schedule. The guild interface is also where you can find the Guild Hall button, you can go there and look around at any time!

Welcome to NICE! :)

• Options
    Thanks to the kindness of strangers (/southernbelle) my mesmer's finished her Chronomancer spec! \o/

Now I need to figure out how to build her again.

Got my engineer up to Mass Momentum- that plus Juggernaut means 10 stacks of might while using Flamethrower. Gonna try to finish his Scrapper up, then Reaper for my necro, and I think I'll be done with elite specs for a while.

I kinda want to do it for my revenant but I haven't figured out a build I like yet.

• Options
    @ringswraith I haven't even finished berserker yet. You're a bit more into this than me...

• Options
    edited November 2015
    @ringswraith I haven't even finished berserker yet. You're a bit more into this than me...

I did have a bit of a headstart compared to you, methinks. :) Plus I haven't played TSW in a few days so I have been spending them here.

BTW I got a bunch of Piquant food but only two/three Meaty- is that right?

ringswraith on
  • Options

I did have a bit of a headstart compared to you, methinks. :) Plus I haven't played TSW in a few days so I have been spending them here.

BTW I got a bunch of Piquant food but only two/three Meaty- is that right?

Those are the plant foods you need for Mawdrey, yes.

You need 7 of both for each step, or 21 of each total.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Eidolon's Fall Fashions
    xl71qwtatkmk.jpg
    kb7aa2255v6q.jpg
    eiixz0swwmbs.jpg
    Bonus @ky13 as the chair emperor (stuck on a waypoint)
    ws4v99oui0e6.jpg

This discussion has been closed.