As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chevy Cobalt auto light feature

JimothyJimothy Not in front of the foxhe's with the owlRegistered User regular
Any car people/Cobalt owners in here?

I've had an '07 Cobalt for almost five years now. Got hit a few weeks ago and just got my car back from the shop today, and the lights on the dashboard and the radio are so dim that I really have to strain to see them. Previously I always just had it on the auto light setting, and never had a problem. I tried switching auto light off, and it does make the info display and clock bright enough, but the rest of the dash goes dark.

I almost wonder if a few weeks with a rental have made me forget and I just have to readjust, but I really think it used to be brighter and they must have reset something. Anyone know if there's a way to adjust the brightness? Google's not bringing anything up.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Try turning your headlights on/off and see if that makes a difference to your interior brightness. It does on my cars.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    The light sensor on your dash isn't covered by accident is it? It could think it is dark out and automatically dim the dash lights.

The sensor should be a black or gray looking bulb somewhere by the windshield

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    could just be a knob. my corolla had a kb to adjust that stuff to the lower left of the steering colum near the mirror adjusters

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    could just be a knob. my corolla had a kb to adjust that stuff to the lower left of the steering colum near the mirror adjusters

Yeah, my '08 Malibu had a small knob to control the interior light brightness in more or less the same place.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Ha! Found the knob. Thanks, folks!

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    I love it when issues like this just work out, no extra cost.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...