As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Embrace your inner Minkus

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Hey, Justin? They sell these hats for like 12 dollars

Hey, Dad? You had to co-sign

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    I love the bit where Griffin loses it when Travis asks for elaboration on Justin's bacon recipe, since the whole argument that follows just feels so genuine to siblings

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Who COULDNT use ten dollars

Also selling your financial future for a free hat

That credit increase he got is the biggest jump I've ever seen. Part of me wonders if it was intentional on their part, since they knew a kid had it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Who COULDNT use ten dollars

Also selling your financial future for a free hat

That credit increase he got is the biggest jump I've ever seen. Part of me wonders if it was intentional on their part, since they knew a kid had it.

This absolutely happens, yes

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Knowingly giving people money that they will never be able to pay back is a cornerstone of American industry

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    What old game did Jeff say reminded him of No Man's Sky a couple of weeks ago? I wanted to check it out.
    I think it was Noctis. I think they also mentioned Space Engine which isn't a game so much as an explore our universe simulator, but it has some similar procedural generation/land on any planet anywhere/you see that you can go there type elements.

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    Justin, you weren't just cutting out the middle man, you were also cutting out the higher man, leaving just yourself.

"Yeah, for a couple months things were working out really great"

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    Heads up, Giant Bomb's The Old Games Show returns after a month hiatus, 5 hours from now.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Justin is like dan ryckert without the luck

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Justin is like dan ryckert without the luck

I mean he makes his living talking about video games, telling dick jokes with his brothers, and making videos about Sheetz

At best he's dan ryckert with less luck

• Options
    I'd say he's a Dan Ryckert who's actually a part-time adult (I mean, he's a father, after all).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    exist wrote: »
    man who would have thought that besides PFT, the second best co-host dynamic with scott aukerman would be adam scott

I dunno, Zouks is right up there with both of them

hey nong man

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    That's a nice touch at the beginning of the credits.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Magnum why

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

TOM SELLECK: WATER ROBBER-BARON

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    We live in a strange, beautiful, terrible time

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Since he's using trucks anyway, I wonder if it would be legal to just, like, get the water from Washington or something. It can't be that much more expensive than fines

• Options
  • Options
    I've caught up with Lore and I think my main problem with it is that it really seems like (or at least pretends like) these things are real, and I find it super annoying. It's like listening to the dude with the hair on the history channel.

The one about The Castle was great, and that was because it was actually a true story. But then every other episode he's like IS SUCH A THING POSSIBLE???

• Options
    I'm not sure what you mean

they're all true stories

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

they're all true stories

they're all true stories about people making up things.

There was not actually a jersey devil running around on people's rooftops but his narration is like...maybe there was???

• Options
    yes

that is the premise of the show

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

they're all true stories

There was not actually a jersey devil running around on people's rooftops but his narration is like...maybe there was???

I mean, says you.

• Options

they're all true stories

Can't prove a negative, Langly.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    yes

that is the premise of the show

it actually isn't! the show states that it is "Lore is a bi-weekly podcast about true life scary stories.

The people, places, and things of our darkest nightmares all have real facts at their core. Each episode of Lore looks into a uniquely scary tale and uncovers the truth behind it.

Sometimes the truth is more frightening than fiction."

The truth of the Jersey Devil isn't "maybe there actually was a thing with a horse head and bat wings and deer legs"

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Also The Castle was the only episode of Lore I did not like, because it's the only one that went over super well-worn ground

HH Holmes is kind of cool, yeah, and has that America's first serial killer claim to fame

But there's really nothing more to be said about him

He's just a dirtbag who murdered a bunch of women for personal profit

• Options
    I loved the episode because I had never heard of him before, and his castle was insane.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Devil In the White City is a real good book about Holmes

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    As someone who doesn't buy into any supernatural stuff I appreciate the approach he takes. He certainly isn't skeptical or critical of anything he brings up, but he also doesn't try to make a serious case for things.

His primary goal is giving people the heebie-jeebies and he does a pretty good job of sticking to that.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I loved the episode because I had never heard of him before, and his castle was insane.

Oh, yeah, there was a super popular pop-history book that was ostensibly about him like ten years ago

So he's always been one of those like History Figures You've Never Heard Of that you hear about constantly when you study history for me

If you're into him, I'd check out the book - The Devil In The White City

I don't like it very much, but most other people do

Straightzi on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I've caught up with Lore and I think my main problem with it is that it really seems like (or at least pretends like) these things are real, and I find it super annoying. It's like listening to the dude with the hair on the history channel.

The one about The Castle was great, and that was because it was actually a true story. But then every other episode he's like IS SUCH A THING POSSIBLE???

I can stand it with Lore, but this is why I had to stop listening to Real Life Sci-Fi. I like listening to people discuss reptile people conspiracies, but I don't like people trying to legitimize them.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Austin and Vinny playing kh....

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Oh, the good Kingdom Hearts game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The first Kingdom Hearts does not hold up at all

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The Disney stuff in kh is cute, but trite

Give me the Full Anime

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Give me

Aqua

This discussion has been closed.