As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cs-1518 seems to have infested the forum for me.

GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
So everywhere I go on the forum I keep getting these annoying add links inserted into the text, and they all seem to be linked by an ad service called cs-1518. also I keep hearing audio pop in.

This wouldn't be so bad, but it's slowing the forum down attrociously; I'm actually getting lag on text posting.

Any suggestions?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Download and run MalwareBytes (or other malware software of your choice).
    Search through your installed programs for any adware or toolbars that may have snuck onto your system that MWB didn't catch.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yeah time to take action. Something is inserting extra ads by being in between the actual website and your screen.

That means that it can also intercept anything you type in going the other way. Passwords credit cards numbers etcetera.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    The wierd part is, the only place I'm getting this bug is here and on the malwarebytes forum.

I'll tell you what though: I'm really looking forward to not hearing the same partial add playing audio about Miley ray cyrus and madonna.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Check your browser extensions. There are some nasty ad-ware stuffs out there that can install a browser extension which basically does what you describe. But yeah, it's time to start clearing out your malware now. :(

8i1dt37buh2m.png