Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    His C4 is that tornado attack, right? It seemed pretty strong

Yes. The C5 is also really good - fire that into a crowd and it will basically fill a meter in one attack because of how many hits it will do.

I have absolutely no idea how you build awakening on bow users though.

Also, I unlocked an Anna map.

...it's level 80. Going to be a while.

Yeah you build it when you attack someone who is weak against your weapon, so with Bows it's very rare for it to happen.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ahahaha.

I took Tiki out on a timed onslaught map to start seeing what some of these sealed skills were.

2000 kills: Awoken Gift. Fully charge awakening every 300 kills. This seems really useful.

Also, Tiki's C3 when awoken is glorious for this map type. She just crouches down and does a sweeping breath attack and it basically erases every mook on screen. Turn 90 degrees, repeat, repeat to mop up hordes of trash. It doesn't hurt that as long as you're catching captains in it you'll keep charging the warrior gauge... and her C1 remains converting that to awakening, at the same rate, and so... RAWR DRAGON TIME.

Her win screen is also 100% adorable.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I completed level 12 last night. So I'm not super far into the game.

But I tried a magic user for the first time last night. I never bothered to take control of Robin, so my first attempt at using a mage was Elise. I'm not very fond of her playstyle. I don't know if all mages are like that, but so far I'm not impressed. I'll stick with Axe users. Lyssa seems to be super broken. She destroys everything in her path.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Elise and Leo are the same. Robin is the same as the enemy mages.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I completed level 12 last night. So I'm not super far into the game.

But I tried a magic user for the first time last night. I never bothered to take control of Robin, so my first attempt at using a mage was Elise. I'm not very fond of her playstyle. I don't know if all mages are like that, but so far I'm not impressed. I'll stick with Axe users. Lyssa seems to be super broken. She destroys everything in her path.

The thing with magic users is they can expose the stun gauge with weapon-triangle-advantage against any unit, by using their C1 when the special bar is full.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Gonna be super honest here. I just spam buttons. I don't do combos. I mean, I do. But not intentionally.

Also being honest, I haven't even once bothered to check the weapon triangle. My Camilla got blown up by an archer once, so I restarted the level and just told her to hold her ground till Niles was dead. Other than that I just use whomever against whatever and I haven't had any problems at all. I'm playing on normal difficulty and mission 12 is the last mission I cleared. Weapon triangle hasn't mattered for anything.

Mostly I just control Lyssa because she murders everything. Or sometimes I'll use Frederick because he also murders everything. If those units aren't available, I typically just use something that can fly (until I run into an archer).

I have paid the triangle zero heed and I just mash buttons and that has worked well for me so far.

• Options
    Lyn dual wields Mana Katti and Sol Katti and its glorious.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Finally got female Robin. Now on to the final couple story mode maps.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    So does anyone else run into the problem of unita just sitting there doing nothing after completing something you ask them to do?

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    So does anyone else run into the problem of unita just sitting there doing nothing after completing something you ask them to do?

All the time.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    Well, guess I'm not as done with Invisible Ties as I thought I was done.

Here's a tip: get an S-rank even in missions when there isn't a reward for it.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I just unlocked Lyn, and she's basically a living blender.

• Options
    Holy shit the power jump on brave weapons. Like double the attack of silver. Get those ASAP I guess (level 50 maps and have to S rank though, so... :rotate:)

Got Corrin's scroll (fuck that map - 5 min to score 2k kills) and all, so started on the 10k kills to unseal Yato. Timed onslaughts ftw.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Holy shit the power jump on brave weapons. Like double the attack of silver. Get those ASAP I guess (level 50 maps and have to S rank though, so... :rotate:)

Got Corrin's scroll (fuck that map - 5 min to score 2k kills) and all, so started on the 10k kills to unseal Yato. Timed onslaughts ftw.

Grab Camila's axe scroll. It is super easy to grab and she makes rest of the timed attack/onslaught missions a breeze.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man, leveling up supports takes quite a bit of time. I only just now got my second A support (Lissa & Cordelia) after getting the first one (Chrom & Robin) ages ago. Though I guess it makes sense; I'm trying to level them all up equally not focus on one in particular, just like I'm doing with the characters themselves.

• Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    Are master seals something that should be used as soon as possible in Warriors or is there a reason to wait on them?

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Whenever I try to level everyone equally it always ends up with everyone being weak, or somehow one unit just ends up going on a murderspree and out-leveling everyone else.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    Are master seals something that should be used as soon as possible in Warriors or is there a reason to wait on them?

The only reason to wait with them is if you want to use the Seal on some other character you haven't unlocked yet.

Other than that, use 'em whenever you feel like it.

• Options
    Oof. The boss battle of the 5th history map is complete bullshit.

So many fucking HP sponges, and then a dragon because why the fuck not.

• Options

If you are trying to S rank it and running out of time you can ignore any copies or shadows of enemy units and focus on the originals. Just order your army to fallback and defend your base after using them to take out the sages and a captain or 2 and maybe have someone you can switch to carry a staff to do an emergency heal if you get a message it is starting to fall. Save your awakening gauge for the dragon and it will fall pretty fast.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

If you are trying to S rank it and running out of time you can ignore any copies or shadows of enemy units and focus on the originals. Just order your army to fallback and defend your base after using them to take out the sages and a captain or 2 and maybe have someone you can switch to carry a staff to do an emergency heal if you get a message it is starting to fall. Save your awakening gauge for the dragon and it will fall pretty fast.

Oh I tried to just rush it. I still took too long, need to rethink who I'm deploying and level/gear up more probably.

And probably bring someone with a horseslayer weapon.

• Options
    Something weird I noticed: in the Japanese dub, Rowan's and Lianne's names are never spoken out loud by anyone in the main story (maybe it happens in some support conversations, but I haven't unlocked enough of them yet). They address each other as "brother" and "sister", and when anyone else talks to them, they say "you two" and stuff like that. I wonder why that is - it'd make sense if were we talking about a customisable avatar whose name was up to the player, but that's not the case here.

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Something weird I noticed: in the Japanese dub, Rowan's and Lianne's names are never spoken out loud by anyone in the main story (maybe it happens in some support conversations, but I haven't unlocked enough of them yet). They address each other as "brother" and "sister", and when anyone else talks to them, they say "you two" and stuff like that. I wonder why that is - it'd make sense if were we talking about a customisable avatar whose name was up to the player, but that's not the case here.

What about when they first met Chrom and co?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, beat all the warps on the first history map. Was that supposed to open something else up?

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

What about when they first met Chrom and co?

Just checked that scene again, nope.

Also, I used that opportunity to check out Hard mode for the first time. I was kinda surprised at how level the enemies were...I might have to put History mode on hold for a while and go through Hard mode first.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    On Celicas History Map can you just keep doing the same fight over and over to get rid of that barrier or do you have to do four different ones?

• Options
    By the way, several Fire Emblem communities, including Serenes Forest and the FE Heroes subreddit, are teaming up for a 24-hour Fire Emblem livestream benefiting Extra Life charity.

The stream is here, this is the schedule:

Schedule.jpg

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Fire Emblem Warriors version 1.2 launching on November 16th
    Fire Emblem Warriors is getting a new update and it’s coming next week on November 16th. Below is the official list of changes coming to the game from the Japanese website translated by Gematsu.

History Map: “Hero Contest”

Adds the new History Map “Hero Contest,” where Rowan and Lianna battle against various heroes in an arena setting.

Weapon Attribute: “Armor Piercer Blow”

Adds the new weapon attribute “Armor Piercer Blow.” The enemy hit by a weapon with this attribute will enter an “armor break” state that lowers their defense and resistance. However, if you are hit by the enemy with a strong attack, you will enter the armor break state.

Disrobe

When Rowan and Lianna enter the armor break state, their character models will change as to destroy the equipment they are wearing.

New Costumes

The “Gold Prince” costume has been added for Rowan, and the “Gold Princess” costume has been added for Lianne.

Other

Support for the free downloadable content “English Voice Pack” (available via the Nintendo eShop).
    New blessings have been added to the temple.
    Bulk sale of weapons added.
    Bug fixes.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
  • Options
    So honest question here. How does one "speed run" any of the FE games? I've only played the more modern ones, such as Awakening, Fates, and Echoes, but they are massively long games, even if you stick to story only and ignore the side mission maps.

Compound the longness of the game with the fact that the animations and battles in general just take a really long time. Is there a way to speed battles up that I'm not aware of?

I'm at work now, so I can't load up a game and check. Is there a way to speed up or disable all the animations and random crap that pops up all the time during battle?

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's an option in every game, but some of them allow you to turn off animations and speed up map movement.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    You can completely turn off animations, movement, and the entire enemy phase (they'll still move, but it will be mostly opaque to you). You can get battles down to pretty fast affairs really.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    You can completely turn off animations, movement, and the entire enemy phase (they'll still move, but it will be mostly opaque to you). You can get battles down to pretty fast affairs really.

I do this in every FE game I've ever played after watching each unit's animation 2-3 times. After that, it's zip around the map at super speed and bump into each other time.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    Bulk sale of weapons added.

Best addition right here.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I do this in every FE game I've ever played after watching each unit's animation 2-3 times. After that, it's zip around the map at super speed and bump into each other time.

I started doing this is Conquest about the fifth time I hard to restart a map. Way better than watching fifteen minutes of animations when you’re trying to puzzle your way out of a sticky situation.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So honest question here. How does one "speed run" any of the FE games? I've only played the more modern ones, such as Awakening, Fates, and Echoes, but they are massively long games, even if you stick to story only and ignore the side mission maps.

Compound the longness of the game with the fact that the animations and battles in general just take a really long time. Is there a way to speed battles up that I'm not aware of?

I'm at work now, so I can't load up a game and check. Is there a way to speed up or disable all the animations and random crap that pops up all the time during battle?

Awakening with auto battle was completely ridiculous. Like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jg1kcLdaIg

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

So you only need to kill Darios twice, then? I killed all of the extras because I thought I had plenty of time and I needed his drops, was able to kill him twice right before the deadline, but then was Velezarked. If I ignore the copies, that should easily give me enough time.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Bulk selling all those superfluous weapons is going to be real useful.

I kind of stopped trying to outfit everyone with the possible weapons a while ago and they just keep piling up.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Woohoo! Anna unlocked with her second map.

The deploy restriction is "Corrin-only" (plus the twins who are always available). Had to sink 1.5 mil to get them all up to 70+, and it was still a slog. But it's a fun map, and now I can go back for S-rank without deploy restrictions so I don't have to kill lance units with swords...

Her specials are fun (her dual special is WTF). Her victory screen is hilarious - I think only Tiki's is better. Her promoted outfit looks great as well.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Woohoo! Anna unlocked with her second map.

The deploy restriction is "Corrin-only" (plus the twins who are always available). Had to sink 1.5 mil to get them all up to 70+, and it was still a slog. But it's a fun map, and now I can go back for S-rank without deploy restrictions so I don't have to kill lance units with swords...

Her specials are fun (her dual special is WTF). Her victory screen is hilarious - I think only Tiki's is better. Her promoted outfit looks great as well.

Should've busted out the Lancereavers, turn that disadvantage upside-down.