As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hatch Green [chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    at my sister's house they ran the gas line not only to the kitchen but also a line going to the grill on the back deck

never have to refill tank

omg genius

That's what my brother did, so he has a 100% ready-to-go-anytime gas grill ready to go

But then he really got into smoking various foods

So now he just uses his charcoal + woodchip-fueled egg-smoker-dealie

It's the fanciest.

Having the grill he never uses, I mean.

It's the fanciest thing I've ever seen.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    More like Sepp Bladder am I rite

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    "STATE OF THE ART ROBOT" MTG is very close to the big crunch that every other nerd community went through.

They need to make a choice: support shitlords and make money off of them or broaden the community and be less shitlord.

So far its obvious what they have chosen.

I mean it is true that the majority of the community supports Pascal, as do I. The issue is that most of the pros have a lot of followers on Twitter and write articles that are viewed by a lot of people so their opinions are heard by more people than you and I.
    I get that everyone wants their favorite nerd game to be the next NFL and so it gets hyped a lot. However, if you look at actual sports coverage, there isn't pants shitting over the dumbest stuff because its a professional game covered by professionals. MTG will have to figure that out or risk alienating more and more people.

The number of almost-PTQ a-holes at FNM was just the worst. It ruined a casual and fun experience. I know it varies from store to store as well but the judges I met were all mad with nerd power and incredibly incredibly hard to talk to or deal with.

I don't know how long you have been playing but it was even worse a few years ago. Assholes just gravitate to MTG I guess.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    at my sister's house they ran the gas line not only to the kitchen but also a line going to the grill on the back deck

omg genius

we have that (a gas line coming out the side of the house) but apparently you need a special regulator to make it work right with your grill? i dunno

all i know is i turn the dial and hit the button and i make fire like magic

if we were cavemen i would be a god

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

omg genius

My dad has that.

The gas that runs through the gas line burns a little cooler than propane does, but not enough to matter in the end.

you just have to leave the lid down for an extra minute or two when warming it up.

It's the greatest thing ever.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    What list is this? The rich that [chat] is going to eat?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

omg genius

we have that (a gas line coming out the side of the house) but apparently you need a special regulator to make it work right with your grill? i dunno

all i know is i turn the dial and hit the button and i make fire like magic

if we were cavemen i would be a god

yeah, they had their house built, so i'm guessing he actually had a contractor install the whole thing and make sure it was set up properly

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    btw my erection at sepp blatter resigning is infinite

omg hes resigning

can we also have him shot into the sun

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    5 o clock is as good a time as any to call it a day. Fuck the police.

Look at how we've corrupted SKFM!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    omfg i just got paid by a client

she paid me

she paid me £420

omg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    someone make a bad blood remix that is just
    bandaids cant fix bullet holes
    repeated for like 5 minutes

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    btw my erection at sepp blatter resigning is infinite

omg hes resigning

can we also have him shot into the sun

ny times is reporting the USJD is considering bringing charges against him too

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    we got a new grill last week

(it is propane)

it is so much easier and simpler to use than charcoal, we have been grillin up a storm

probably have had grilled food for 4 of our last 5 dinners

charcoal is great here and there but everyday grilling you can't beat propane

i dont know why i didnt do this sooner

hank hill was on to something, i tell ya what

Propane and propane accessories are fantastic

searzall is the best

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    The joke is that 420 is code for smoking weed.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

um no thats not funny thats deadly serious do u have no respect for culture?????

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

narc

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I don't really get the point of gas barbecuing. Possibly this is because most of my houses have had gas hobs.

Or it's a communist plot.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh god if FO4 is crossgen.

DONE

wouldnt even bother with it on PC.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the word "gas hobs" and all I'm getting is "gas hobos" and that does sound really dangerous and undesirable.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    5 o clock is as good a time as any to call it a day. Fuck the police.

Look at how we've corrupted SKFM!

latest?cb=20100524041042

Who can blame him? Police are hot.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

DONE

But how are you going to get all the bugfixes that a bethesda game needs to make it playable?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

narc
    #notacop
    #nopetaco
    #nopetsallowed
    #petswed
    #petswedes
    #smokeweederrday

the evolution of reading a hashtag and changing it with the first thing that comes to mind

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ok i had always wondered why kate bush looked like a boy in the cloudbusting video and why she said she could remember organon at the beginning - i assumed weird ref to aristotle? - but its actualyl about the arrest of wilhelm reich

lol kate u waifu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

DONE

what do you mean cross gen?

Please don't say they are gimping the game so that it works on the 360/ps3. that would be the worst thing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the word "gas hobs" and all I'm getting is "gas hobos" and that does sound really dangerous and undesirable.

ETjQtiF.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    japan wrote: »

ETjQtiF.jpg

There is a huge difference between pan cooking stuff on gas burners, and doing a propane grill outside.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    My Steam library is worth $16k.

Am I on your list?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

DONE

what do you mean cross gen?

Please don't say they are gimping the game so that it works on the 360/ps3. that would be the worst thing.

People seem to think its a possibility, Im assumes its just baseless worrying but Bethesda isnt known for being the smartest compant

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    How on Earth is Susie Dent fifty? I think she's discovered the fountain of sexy dictionary-based youth.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I was just pointing out what a gas hob is

I know Americans have strong feelings about barbecues so it's not a topic I would generally seek to venture into

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Yes.

I could have been on that list, I think. Reasonably plausibly, I could be working on getting my net value from 7 figures to 8 right now if I made different choices. QQ.

In bizarro chat, where I mock, in good fun, SKFM's quaint purchasing choices. "Be careful with those sub-million homes. You don't want to be dodging bullets coming through your windows, son."

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    My Steam library is worth $16k.

Am I on your list?

yes you made the list

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    If we are eating the rich chatters, then I am the hungriest at the moment. :P

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I don't really get the point of gas barbecuing. Possibly this is because most of my houses have had gas hobs.

Or it's a communist plot.

I'm with ya.

Charcoal or bust.

ALSO FOR ANY LIST KEEPERS (or people who have been following my job saga)

I am totally employed again. Also looks like I managed to snag one of the few contract spots my vendor has.
    Might actually be making a bit more money. We'll see I don't have the paperwork yet.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The best thing about this [chat] is that after a discussion of people making [chat]s yesterday, @Blameless Cleric went up to her room and wrote three or four well-researched, interesting [chat] OPs and then came down to describe them. I, on the other hand, looked around the room while thinking about dinner, saw some chili flavored chips, and went "hmm, hatch chilis are excellent. I bet nobody knows about them except the Southwestern [chat]ters" so that's what I went with.

her: Ivory Tower [chat] thesis crafter, rigorously researched but almost entirely unknown
    me: bootstraps do-er, shooting from the hip and leading the charge

What I'm saying is get dunked on, academics.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    How on Earth is Susie Dent fifty? I think she's discovered the fountain of sexy dictionary-based youth.

Helen Mirren's almost 70.

Just sayin'

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Yes.

I could have been on that list, I think. Reasonably plausibly, I could be working on getting my net value from 7 figures to 8 right now if I made different choices. QQ.

In bizarro chat, where I mock, in good fun, SKFM's quaint purchasing choices. "Be careful with those sub-million homes. You don't want to be dodging bullets coming through your windows, son."

I had a teammate at Berkeley that turned down an opportunity with Google back in the early days (ie. this job came with part ownership) in order to pursue his masters degree at Berkeley.

He...may have regretted that when Google blew up a bit later

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
This discussion has been closed.