As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout: Four. Four never changes.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Let's not argue about graphics.

Edit: Ok I'll stop yeah I agree

Prohass on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    New Vegas is one of the best roleplaying games ever made, and if you can't get into it because you find it ugly or the animations janky, then I'm really glad I'm not you. I'm excited for Fallout 4.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    That dog needs some hairworks.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    He speaks!

Witchcraft! :o

Gamechanger.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    some of the cities look nice and big.

also airships aw yea.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Looks good, but not super crazy great. That trailer also didn't show anything spectacularly new.

Still, I'll take it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    doggie + some colours

much beter than boring fo3

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    RON PEARLMAN SAID THE THING, YOU GUYS

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Looks good, but not super crazy great. That trailer also didn't show anything spectacularly new.

Still, I'll take it.

It showed Fallout, which is exactly what some people want.

• Options
    Interesting.

The shot of someone coming out of the vault and being blinded by the sun abit? Was he wearing power armor?

Becuase if you play as a prewar human somehow with a broken down peice of power armor you have to put back together over time, that would be pretty damn cool.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, Boston/New England? (I'm not familiar with the area, but it looks like a statue of Paul Revere)?

• Options
    So I guess they're doing something stylistically with the colors in this?

Looks...different.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Yo dem sky ships! :biggrin:

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed watching that trailer. I'd also like to know what the mind-blowing news that was being DM'd around in the old thread was, unless that's still to be revealed today.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Maz- wrote: »

Still, I'll take it.

It showed Fallout, which is exactly what some people want.

Very true.

Oh, I guess the main character is voiced now. That's definitely a good thing, I hated that in past games.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Shepherdmeat. :)

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, Boston/New England? (I'm not familiar with the area, but it looks like a statue of Paul Revere)?

That was Boston. The golden dome is the Massachusetts State House.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    It... just looks like more Fallout 3? Considering that New Vegas blew 3 out of the water I'm not feeling super hyped.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Yaaay. Literally woke up as the trailer was coming on. Woohooo!

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Hmm. Not sure how I feel about actually seeing Pre-War America. Takes away a bit of the mystery.
    Also annoyed about how "War. War never changes." got thrown in there. It didn't really seem appropriate, but just forced in there because it's the Fallout slogan and we got to get it in there somewhere.

Well, I wasn't particularly hyped before and I'm not particularly hyped now, so... eh.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

And possibly airshipified USS Constitution?

• Options
    Looks like they took people's complaints about the colour palette to heart, I hope there's still lots of dark and grimy places tho

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    I enjoyed watching that trailer. I'd also like to know what the mind-blowing news that was being DM'd around in the old thread was, unless that's still to be revealed today.
    build a city mode like that mod for fallout 3, 2015 release date. that was pretty much it.

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Looks like they took people's complaints about the colour palette to heart, I hope there's still lots of dark and grimy places tho
    Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it myself.

Not a big deal though, I'm sure you can mod the Fallout 3/NV mood back in if it doesn't work for me.

• Options
    Hell, the fact that securitron had a paint job, instead of being a dull pitted grey got me excited.

I for one, don't mind the little flashbacks, I enjoy the pre-war lore, and the unimaginable horror it would be like on that day.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Hmm. Not sure how I feel about actually seeing Pre-War America. Takes away a bit of the mystery.
    Also annoyed about how "War. War never changes." got thrown in there. It didn't really seem appropriate, but just forced in there because it's the Fallout slogan and we got to get it in there somewhere.

Well, I wasn't particularly hyped before and I'm not particularly hyped now, so... eh.
    What I found interesting about that was we could possibly take all that as a potential sign that the Vault 101 opening tutorial could take place right before the bombs fell.

Maybe not but would be a waste of assets.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I'm guessing the darker and more grimy dungeons will still be there and be a nice contrast, but I'll miss the oppressive atmosphere, which they've seemed to replace with a sense of wonder and exploration, which is fine, it still totally fits and I'm sure it'll work

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I think seeing pre-war stuff is a bit weird too, but c'mon, that phrase is awesome. Of course I got a giant grin on my face when that happened so I'm biased. Definitely looks a bit more colorful than previous games.

Still probably going to be an FPS/VATS kinda thing right?

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    darleysam wrote: »

The big thing hasn't been revealed yet, but it's in a spoiler a little bit above this post if you want to check it out. I'm guessing it wont be revealed until e3.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    RON PEARLMAN SAID THE THING, YOU GUYS

Yep, and they used another The Ink Spots song, "It's All Over But the Crying".

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Silly geese, you don't play Bethesda games. You mod them until they are an unrecognizable mass of dependencies. Triple digits at least, thousands of mods if you are serious.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Getting a real Bioshock vibe from all this for some reason.

• Options
    Yeah, at first I thought, 'wait, they're reusing the same damn song as FO3?....grumb...oh wait"

Looks like they took the whole "Capital WASTEland" complaint to heart, this area looks fairly developed.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Shepherdmeat. :)

Doge never changes

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Looking forward to seeing more.

Was that Troy Baker as the protagonist's voice? Hard to be certain with just three words, but his voice can be distinctive.

• Options
    What the hell? Is that some kind of armored or aquatic deathclaw?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

Looks like this Kotaku report from two years ago was all true.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    What the hell? Is that some kind of armored or aquatic deathclaw?
    It's not a deathclaw/cazadore. We'll survive.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

Looks like this Kotaku report from two years ago was all true.

It is, my source confirmed the codename for the game was "institute" which is what they claim on the fallout 4 kotaku stuff.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    So looking at the trailer in detail, it looks like the one "town" is called Diamond City, and is built inside of Fenway Park.

This discussion has been closed.