As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FLOPAX 2015: October 23-25 LET'S DO THIS THING [Update 9/26]

SheriSheri Resident FlufferMy Living RoomRegistered User regular
edited September 2015 in Social Entropy++
UPDATE! 9/26

HERE IS THE UPDATED SCHEDULE!

Friday, October 23rd
Park: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!
Where: Meet in front of Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville
Time: 11am

Dinner: Miller's Ale House
Where: 12371 Winter Garden Vineland Rd.
Time: 7:30pm

Hangouts after: Player 1
Where: 8562 Palm Pkwy
Time: 9:30pm (ish)

Saturday, October 24th
Park: Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Where: Meeting place TBD when we know if we will be carpooling
Time: 10am

Sunday, October 25th
Food & Wine Festival!
Park: Epcot
Where: Meeting place TBD when we know if we will be carpooling
Time: 10am

ATTN EVERYONE: PLEASE CONFIRM WHAT DAYS/EVENINGS YOU WILL BE ATTENDING. This will ensure that we have a proper headcount for Universal, dinner, and each day at Disney.

As a reminder:
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be on your feet ALL DAY. Old, comfy sneakers and socks are highly recommended.
- Bring sunscreen. Wear sunscreen. Reapply sunscreen. Even if it's cloudy, you can still get sunburned! Also it's Florida, so.
- Plan to spend some money. Food & Wine Festival alone will cost you some dollars! Javen and I usually get a gift card and reload it throughout the day. This works great for folks who might have trouble with their bank cards (it happened to me once), but certainly isn't required. But it does cost money to experience this day! Of course that depends on how much you want to eat, but seriously, look at those menus. You're gonna eat. @rhylith and other regulars can tell you how much they tend to spend on the trip, including travel.
- We may have to buy tickets this year (Yes, I say this every year). Please be prepared for this, in case it does need to happen. Also we may have to pay for parking, as much as I hate it. Of course, we'll try to work it out so these aren't necessary.
- Please be on time, once times are set. If you will be late, please let me know. I'll provide my phone number to folks who don't have it.
- Please behave. You'll be in on our passes, and several of my friends' tickets. If you misbehave, we could get fired. Don't get me fired.

If you need my phone number, please send me a message.

Let me know if there are any questions!

UPDATE! 8/3

Okay so these dates are set. Please RSVP if you are ACTUALLY PLANNING TO COME. If you're on the fence, that's okay! Just let us know when you're sure either way.

I'm going to assume everyone reading this thread has a passing familiarity of this event. If you have been living under a rock and aren't sure what we're talking about, just ask.

Unfortunately we are blocked out of Epcot on Saturdays again, so we'll be doing:

Friday, October 23rd
Dinner and hangouts!
Dinner: TBD
Time: TBD
Hangouts: Player 1

If we want to do something during the day (Universal?), we can plan that when we figure out when folks are coming into town.

Saturday, October 24th
Visiting a park! Not sure which one you guys are interested in, but Hollywood Studios is like 50% down because of all the closures. We are also blocked out of MK (for now; they might change that) so my vote is for Animal Kingdom!
Time: TBD

Sunday, October 25th
Food & Wine Festival!
Time: TBD (probably like 9-10am)
This is the part where we eat and drink ourselves silly.

WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU PLAN TO GO HOME ON MONDAY. Leaving Sunday evening only leads to disappointment, trust me.

Tips
I repeat these every year. Please pay attention!
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be on your feet ALL DAY. Old, comfy sneakers and socks are highly recommended.
- Bring sunscreen. Wear sunscreen. Reapply sunscreen. Even if it's cloudy, you can still get sunburned! Also it's Florida, so.
- Plan to spend some money. Food & Wine Festival alone will cost you some dollars! Javen and I usually get a gift card and reload it throughout the day. This works great for folks who might have trouble with their bank cards (it happened to me once), but certainly isn't required. But it does cost money to experience this day! Of course that depends on how much you want to eat, but seriously, look at those menus. You're gonna eat. @rhylith and other regulars can tell you how much they tend to spend on the trip, including travel.
- We may have to buy tickets this year (Yes, I say this every year). Please be prepared for this, in case it does need to happen. Also we may have to pay for parking, as much as I hate it. Of course, we'll try to work it out so these aren't necessary.
- Please be on time, once times are set. If you will be late, please let me know. I'll provide my phone number to folks who don't have it.
- Please behave. You'll be in on our passes, and several of my friends' tickets. If you misbehave, we could get fired. Don't get me fired.

If folks need hotel accommodations, we can work that out. Please let me know if that's something you'll need/want to do. We can also let some folks crash with us if that works out better (bonus: you get to meet our adorable dog).

We'll work out logistics when we know where folks are staying/how many are coming/etc.

Let me know if you have questions!

Original Post:

Sup nerds

How do we feel about October 23-25?

(DATES UPDATED)

Formal thread to follow/be edited.

Sheri on

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    yeah me yeah

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    I feel... good !

xet8c.gif

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I intend to!

xet8c.gif

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    who is sal?

never heard of em

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    Best time of year!

• Options
    i love sal

and beer

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    me

and i have annual passes too now

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    You already just added me to the list anyways right?

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Sure, why not

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Sure, why not

Glad to see you're as excited as always <3

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    me

anal passes??

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Yarp

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    I missed the last one, so I'm going to do everything in my power to make this one. Always a memorable time.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I plan to make it this year!!!!!!!!

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    me

anal passes??

That is correct. That's how you get Extra magic hours

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I would love to PAX in Florida.

Will this be the year we finally get to ride Soarin'?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

Heh yeah right.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Heh yeah right.

Just so I know what to anticipate, which ride/attraction/hotel/mass transit system are you going to help break this year?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    You guys stick to Disney right? I wanna see that Harry Potter expansion.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

Heh yeah right.

Just so I know what to anticipate, which ride/attraction/hotel/mass transit system are you going to help break this year?

I already broke Soarin.

Reopens November 2015.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

That's at Universal just so you know

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

That's at Universal just so you know

Yes, I know, that's why I was asking.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh, nevermind. Flights are 250 each way. That's a lot.

EDIT: Wait, no, Skiplagged is dumb. Got some good plane tickets

Goose! on
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    i love sal

and beer

love that craft micro-sal

xet8c.gif

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    who is sal?

never heard of em

wow rude

xet8c.gif

• Options
    There's a place called Champions World Resorts that looks inoffensive and is $42/night right now.

• Options
    Alt dates: Oct 23-25

Would that also work for you folks?

• Options
    There's a place called Champions World Resorts that looks inoffensive and is $42/night right now.

You may want to hold off on hotels until we know whether or not we're staying on property this year.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    Alt dates: Oct 23-25

Would that also work for you folks?

This also works for me.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    either dates are fine with me i think!

it's so far away that i can be 100% but sure

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Goose dude.

Slow down.

• Options
    I ask about the secondary dates because apparently @Javen won't be able to get the 17th off

(whoops I jumped the gun sorry)

Lemme update the OP

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Its something to take into consideration and the further out you buy the cheaper it is. I'm not exactly flush with cash. This would probably supplant me going to PAX East in April.

EDIT: Also I have to make sure that I can afford it if I want to actually do it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    We'll probably be able to commit to dates in the next few weeks, if that helps!

• Options
    You're also welcome to make your own hotel accommodations, even if some folks do wind up staying on property

Just keep in mind that the transportation situation may be sketchy, so you might want to consider the cost of also renting a rental car

The Disney Resort we wind up booking is usually about $75/night with my discount

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

The standing rule has been we can do non-disney stuff, but we don't know anyone who can get a bunch of people to get into Universal for free, like we can with the Disney parks

EDIT: And because of the additional cost, doing Universal or anything else off property would have to be unanimous

Javen on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend wants to ask about how much to budget for this trip if we do decide to go

For reasons

• Options
    Those dates work for me too

xet8c.gif

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If I wasn't moving around that time of the year I'd probably attend FLOPAX this year.

But alas....

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg