As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Gear: 4

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    REX
    Technically this mission is to kill some rando for Diamond Dogs, but the real mission just became to find the tape of Kids in America that I just heard playing.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hmmm do i wanna sleep or do i wanna work on an OP for the next thread

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Technically this mission is to kill some rando for Diamond Dogs, but the real mission just became to find the tape of Kids in America that I just heard playing.
    I had this exact reaction with that and then in a later mission when
    Rebel Yell came on

Big Boss has some jams

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    REX
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Rebel Yell came on

Big Boss has some jams

Fuck yes

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    RAY
    Kids in America is one of my favorite songs ever

A couple months ago when I heard about that being in here I was like "fuckin' yes"

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    REX
    Having a kickin' 80s soundtrack is the kind of thing that like, I would ask to be put in a Metal Gear game and I would be told it was stupid or didn't fit the tone, so naturally I'm goddamn thrilled that I'm getting it

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    RAY
    playing ground zeroes a few things have hit me

mainly that you should do missions at night whenever possible, the guards have, like, a realistic amount of sight during the day. I'm consistently getting spotted by motherfuckers halfway across the map

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Yeah I'm curious if there's any advantage to doing missions during the day

Cause boy it sure seems like it'd stack the deck against you when you could just wait

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    D
    40m is the cutoff

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    finally started up ground zeroes

i wasn't expecting to randomly get paz/strangelove fanfiction halfway through, but perhaps i should have

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    RAY
    That stuff was a very hard to find secret in peace walker

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Yeah I'm curious if there's any advantage to doing missions during the day

Cause boy it sure seems like it'd stack the deck against you when you could just wait

I think that they mentioned that if you do a bunch of missions at night, guards will start to learn, and areas will have more guards at night. Or something.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    EXCELSUS
    I look forward to GZ with no Poops or PW to prep me for any of it

I'm not being sarcastic, that's something I want

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I look forward to GZ with no Poops or PW to prep me for any of it

it's short, but if you think you will need to use the bathroom you should probably do so beforehand, regardless

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i am an adult

they let me drink and everything

i'm as surprised as you are

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Music tape spoiler
    TAKE

ON

MEEEEEE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Music tape spoiler
    TAKE

ON

MEEEEEE

Well there's my helicopter theme forever.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Rebel Yell came on

Big Boss has some jams

WAIT WHAT!

OMG I need that TAPE

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I should make a period accurate spotify list for when I want to freeroam.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    REX
    Wow I had no idea about this soundtrack, that's incredible

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Music tape spoiler
    Big Boss confirmed as the original Boss of the Third Street Saints.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    REX
    So when a new tape is nearby do you just hear the music blasting out of a boom box and you have to find it?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    ...playing Ground Zeroes as a stealthy serial murderer with the motto of "A bullet for every brain!" is surprisingly fun.

Also very effective.

• Options
    RAY
    You can be a real mutder machine when you don't care about triggering reflex

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    REX
    So you can't get the socom silencer before beating Ocelot right? I seem to remember that. The cutscene with the ninja shows a silencer on snakes gun.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    REX
    So when a new tape is nearby do you just hear the music blasting out of a boom box and you have to find it?

That is exactly how it works.

So anyway I played the game all night and just woke up at 2PM with the controller beside me. It's not bad.

I would say that I still prefer the traditional Metal Gear story structure of you being on one mission over this separate mission structure, but this is so much fun to play that it overrides that problem in a way that PW didn't.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    EXCELSUS
    MGS4 was so cool.
    So you can't get the socom silencer before beating Ocelot right? I seem to remember that. The cutscene with the ninja shows a silencer on snakes gun.

You need Ocelot's key card I believe.

It's also possible to trigger the first combat encounter with Meryl without having found the SOCOM, which leads to a different cutscene where Snake grabs her FAMAS and dares her to shoot, rather than drawing his own gun.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    REX
    Have any of you playing this already done any of the FOB stuff?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    REX
    MGS4 was so cool.

It's also possible to trigger the first combat encounter with Meryl without having found the SOCOM, which leads to a different cutscene where Snake grabs her FAMAS and dares her to shoot, rather than drawing his own gun.

Weird then how they incorrectly model a silencer on the socom after the Ocelot fight.

• Options
    RAY
    I really love how they actually model the weapons you're not currently using in MGSV

love running around with a rifle strapped to my back

• Options
    RAY
    so does someone have the full list of extractions that carry over to TPP

I know Glaz and Palitz, the escaped prisoner in the main mission, I'm guessing the intel guy from the truck-riding mission, and the dude you can rescue in the anti-air mission. and maybe kojima?

who else

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    REX
    So I'm playing MGS1 on my vita due to the ps3 controller cable issue. I am at the Mantis fight but cannot bring up the menu to switch controllers. Everything says to touch the vita screen for a menu but it will not come up.

Edit. Oh they changed it to holding down the ps button. Cool. Apparently no on on the internet has mentioned this previously.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Joke Option Shagohad
    You have to bring up the vita menu by holding down the ps button and a bunch of emulator options should be in there.

Yeah I just double checked. Hold down the ps button and a screen will pop up. There should be a button for settings next to a heading that says metal gear solid. The controller port options should be in there. Along with fast load and wide-screen which you could turn on if you want.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    REX
    Uriel wrote: »
    You have to bring up the vita menu by holding down the ps button and a bunch of emulator options should be in there.

Yeah I just double checked. Hold down the ps button and a screen will pop up. There should be a button for settings next to a heading that says metal gear solid. The controller port options should be in there. Along with fast load and wide-screen which you could turn on if you want.

Yeah I got it. All of the first things that popped up on google about it said to touch the middle of the screen for the menu but it was obviously changed at some point.

• Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    Who's ready to play V all day again and fulton everything?
    This guy
    Hermano wrote: »
    Have any of you playing this already done any of the FOB stuff?
    Nope, haven't seen any of it.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The servers for fobs and transferring ground zeroes saves aren't on yet

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    RAY
    The servers for fobs and transfarring ground zeroes saves aren't on yet

• Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    REX
    Laid down my pre-order for the MGSV OST yesterday, should ship at some point tomorrow.

Shame I couldn't get this week off work, but managed to snag the following week so that's probably when I'll wade deep into the FOB stuff if I've finished the story between my work shifts.

Gonna be one hell of a week.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    EXCELSUS
    MGS4 was so cool.

Weird then how they incorrectly model a silencer on the socom after the Ocelot fight.

Actually... wait, no it is possible. You get the key card for the silencer from the DARPA chief.

Never underestimate the lengths Kojima will go to have all the angles covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzG8Sty9veI

manwiththemachinegun on
This discussion has been closed.