As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - Hidden Talents

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - Hidden Talents

Hidden Talents

Hidden Talents

http://www.campcomic.com/comic/217

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    Come on Malachi, this is your chance at doing something great. Just suck it up and play Administrator.

• Options
    narwhaonarwhao Registered User regular
    This new character has an adorable hair style.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Malachi's face in panel 5 is the best. The best.

• Options
    AriWerdAriWerd Registered User regular
    @Truelink: I agree, Mal would be a great director.

• Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Okay without violin? is great.

• Options
    Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    mama cat does not like this many people near her stair babies...

• Options
    kpgoodnightkpgoodnight Registered User regular
    D'aww, I love the design on blue shirt girl!

• Options
    Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    So, do the different colored shirts indicate different housing locations for the campers? I don't think I remember a blue shirt, so I wonder if we'll start seeing some new campers pop up with blue shirts on. It would have been interesting if Katie gave all the kickstarter kids their own colored shirt and own bunk that they all lived together in.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Blue-shirt girl previously appeared in Coup. At least five other campers have worn blue, Redface kid, camper peeing in lake, Glasses camper and two campers when the feral cats were released.

Edit: Actually, blue-shirt girl appeared first in Sleight of Hand.

Edit: And more blue shirts: Ratkid, one of the girls with freckles, and what I think was Steve in an early appearance.

Invisible on
  • Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Now look what Seventeen has got you into Malachi. :) Something good I hope.

I love the first page of the list of things that Malachi thinks he can do. Except that last one. Hopefully Brian will keep Malachi from throwing any knives.

• Options
    @Invisible,

Ahh, thank you. I guess I never took mental notes of the shirt colors until this comic. But you're right, blue shirts have popped up before. Though I DO still think it would have been cool to give all kickstarter campers a purple shirt or something.

• Options
    SubtleSubtle Registered User new member
    edited June 2015
    @Invisible, @Mr Fish 86,

Looking back through earlier comics, it looks like the shirt colors change by age groups. Considering the height of the kids that wear them, the older kids look like they wear green, and all the blue shirts are very young. Middle ages are the orange.

Subtle on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @subtle

ooooohhhhh ok. Yea that makes sense if the shirts are based off of age rather than bunk location. I wonder where everyone gets their camp supplies from to begin with. Like when Malachai first got to camp, who gave him his camp clothes? Was there a ceremony? Is there a master camper (maybe Collin) who visits each new camper with a set of clothes and bunk assignments? Were the clothes and bunk assignments just mysteriously waiting for him in a box when he first arrived? Or did his mother just give him the camp clothes and bunk assignments on his way to the camp? and IF his mom gave Malachai his stuff, then who gave it to her?....

This blue shirt has sparked a lot of questions about the camp for me!

P.S. I finally got around to making a profile picture. I felt naked without one :P

Mr Fish 86 on
  • Options
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. But Katie and Adam have built a detailed world and things that appear early on do tend to reappear later with more significance (Dani's book, the skull in Purdy's treehouse, etc.). And yeah, after thinking about it, I started wondering, too. I assume there's some kind of "orientation" for new campers and they receive their camp shirt.

• Options
    Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    Is the violin okay without violin? I mean, there does seem to be a lot of violins nowadays.