As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy]: Spoony Bard vs. Meteor Sage edition

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yay! Cloud Memory Crystal GET!

His level cap is now broken and he's got his first Record Materia. Life is good.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Wow...Oilboyle kicked my ass. I mean, my Squall is alright but the rest of my team is lagging behind gear wise...

I did get Cloud's record materia so I think I'm gonna focus on picking those up.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Oh, and Terra hit 50. I guess I can give Vivi some time in the party.

• Options
    GIVE VIVI TIME! That Record Materia 1 sounds nice TBH.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey with squall, Irvine and a bunch of viii gear now I can probably beat Biggs n wedge... If I can find time to not be working on events. I need more than 60 stamina

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yay! Cloud Memory Crystal GET!

Wait, does it randomly drop or something?

• Options
    No you gotta clear Gapra Whitewood Elite. Just clear it, not master it. Which is kinda tough because the boss switches vulnerability every few turns.

• Options
    I packed Blizzaga and Fire Strike. Didn't care about packing lightning. When I ran out of resources, I just punched his face in.

I still managed to squeak out a Master, even though I only Experted the boss.

Not that it matters either way, as the Memory Crystal was the First-Time reward.

Vivi's Record Materia does sound nice, but Black Mage's just sounds better for long dungeons.

I like how it tells me what I need to do to get the next one.

• Options
    Black Mage RM2 sounds nice. BM RM1 is just a chance to recover a charge.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Does it recharge only one charge from one spell, or from both spells if you have two equipped?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I assume all, but I dunno.

I want his second RM, just so I can use Quake to delete one group of trash per battle.

White Mage's is less vital, but getting extra Curagas is never bad.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Got last job for fiesta:

Monk/mystic knight/mystic/samurai

So Optional boss attempts this run I guess?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Third job got in my FJF run, Black Mage/BERSERKER!/Ranger

Just hit the Crescent Island.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Jenova Absolute is an underrated boss track, I think.

Also I really love Sephiroth's main theme (Those Chosen By The Planet), probably more than One Winged Angel. That bell sound and those heartbeat drums build up this perfect sense of dread... and then the main chords kick in and you know shit's going down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rV40ypje7o

edit: Listening to Birth of a God, it really sounds the most "classic FF" to me out of most of FFVII's soundtrack. Like I could easily hear this track showing up in VI or earlier.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    So apparently you need to have the MC of the character you want the RM2 for. Beat elite Hein with mastery but didn't get the Mage R2, bleh.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Yes, you need to have broken their level cap and gotten their RM1 before you can get their RM2.

• Options
    Hope you enjoy Sundays! I call them Bard and Ranger days (man what a horrible pun...sorry).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hope you enjoy Sundays! I call them Bard and Ranger days (man what a horrible pun...sorry).

I got fed up with carrying them around and egged them up to 50. I have plenty of other decent characters that can contribute to not making the Sunday experience dungeon a nightmare to clear.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    If this doesn't put a smile on your face you are dead inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ubxpEMr3o

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Not usually a fan of OC Remix, but they really killed it with Jenova Absolute;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXZ2i6FMJyM

Got such a Danny Elfman vibe to it. <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely dead inside.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I'm definitely dead inside.

Glad I'm not the only one.
    If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a bunch of humorously misspelled cat memes to try and fill this void inside of me.
    Then, maybe some cake.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I'm more partial to this one for being shorter and also synching wonderfully:

https://youtu.be/WMZVIqbYq_I

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    All I'll say about those hype videos is I wish I could get as excited about something as some people could.

On the flipside I also rarely get as angry from disappointment as some people do. So its a fair tradeoff.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    who even has 4 hours to watch people reacting to a 90 second trailer

nah i don't wanna know

• Options
    who even has 4 hours to watch people reacting to a 90 second trailer

nah i don't wanna know

The best one is at 1:04:16 anyway, so just skip ahead. 8-)

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Nearing the end of my Fiesta! Just pushed past Twintania before the end zone, and that was a bear of a fight. Not enough ability to give out damage before the whole party got hit for 3000+ with Gigaflare, no ability to survive that kind of hit without significant grinding.

Buuuut, when the boss starts charging for that attack, they're vulnerable to instant death attacks. Of which I have only the Samurai's Ianuki, which takes longer to go off than the Gigaflare does.

Very fortunate timing on that one. Apparently the vulnerability opens up just before the message that the boss is charging for a big attack.

FFV is far from my favorite, and I think the plot, characters, and translation are forgettable at best, but the mechanics of its boss fights are just such great puzzles when you can't brute force them.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Screw the haters, this is magical. I love seeing people get hyped for a series they love.

• Options
    I'm certain there are a good number of people who post reaction videos purely for the hits. And I'll admit, seeing that counter shoot past the thousands over night is pretty satisfying in its own way.

But for me, the reaction video was a digitally uploaded memory, one that I'm incredibly happy for preserving. I look at it now and I'm still laughing at myself, and also wondering if I could ever recreate that level of hype with anything ever again ("I won the lottery and am now a multimillionaire? Neat.")

That's why I can appreciate the vids recorded by people who I can tell shared the same rush of joy I did, and even at the same key points (which is why I love that mashup so much).

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    After spamming it page after page after page though, I'm sorry if this sounds heartless and assholish, but I don't give a shit about your memory anymore.

It's like the forum version of those parents who won't stop showing you pictures of their kids. Like, I'm happy you love them and all. But I don't care about your kids!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I don't give a shit about your memory anymore.

Could be the tagline for FFVII.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    sephiroth-fades-away.png

I will never be a memory.
    for the record, I wasn't the one who linked it this time. I already stopped posting it since last week.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I watched AC last week in light of the remake developments. Still fast forwarded from fight to fight. Still all about dat Rude/Reno.

I understand getting excited about things. I freak out when I find a new short story collection I didn't know I needed at the book exchange. What I have a problem with is people knowing they are on camera. They know they are being recorded. Which changes behavior. Which makes me think it's not genuine.

I know this isn't 100% truth.

I'm still a pessimistic grumpy old man so get off my lawn.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Fiesta complete!
    uPDPz6Y.jpg

Mostly came down to throwing money and using Dualcast to keep bringing people back to life, but it took me a few runs to get it right. I actually ran out of money to throw early into the second form, but managed to whittle him down between my Samurai and the powered up Chicken Knife on the Red Mage.

Anyway. The Fiesta is always a great time, glad I actually finished this year. It left me eying the Dragon Quest iOS ports for more job system shenanigans. Any recommendations on which is best in that regard?

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Of the iOS games I believe Dragon Quest 3 is the only one with a job system. Six, Seven, and Nine have far more indepth systems though.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular

More than anything with the FF7R announcement, I've learned that a bafflingly-large number of people record themselves watching press conferences for some reason.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Reaction videos are not some new thing. There's a youtube channel aptly named REACT that's pretty much all just reaction videos of kids watching X thing, elders watching Y thing, teens who don't play games playing the first 20 minutes of Dark Souls or whatever, etc. with the focus of the video being on how the people react to the thing.

That channel has like 4.5 million subscribers.

If you don't like reaction videos that's cool and all, but some people like them, or like making them, and it's not new.

It reminds me of the people who have to go out of their way to explain to you why they don't understand why anybody would watch a let's play of a game or watch a streamer play league or whatever. We get it, you don't get it, but you're taking up just as much forum real estate telling everybody about how you don't like the thing they like.

Much like the person above can feel free to say he doesn't care about your memory or the reaction videos, we can also not care about his opinion on reaction videos.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Of the iOS games I believe Dragon Quest 3 is the only one with a job system. Six, Seven, and Nine have far more indepth systems though.

Six is up on ios I believe, it is a port of the DS version.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Blackjack wrote: »

Six is up on ios I believe, it is a port of the DS version.

I think 1 through 6 and 8 are all on iOS.

Edit: Dragon Quest, y'all, not FF.

Renzo on
This discussion has been closed.