Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Accessing Steam In-Home Streaming Remotely

ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
Is it possible to access the Steam In-Home Steaming functionality remotely? Is this something a VPN is used for?

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Is it possible to access the Steam In-Home Steaming functionality remotely? Is this something a VPN is used for?

I'm sure it's possible, but I think you're making it too complicated.

For example, at my house I have my big machine hooked up via ethernet cable to the router, and I occasionally use in-home streaming on my laptop, which is on the house's wireless network. It works pretty well.

The way you describe it, I think your best bet would be to set up something like remote desktop on your primary Steam machine, connect to remote desktop, and play the games that way without using in-home streaming.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    ForceVoid
  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    ForceVoid wrote: »

I'm sure it's possible, but I think you're making it too complicated.

For example, at my house I have my big machine hooked up via ethernet cable to the router, and I occasionally use in-home streaming on my laptop, which is on the house's wireless network. It works pretty well.

The way you describe it, I think your best bet would be to set up something like remote desktop on your primary Steam machine, connect to remote desktop, and play the games that way without using in-home streaming.

Wow, this works great, thanks.

Questions answered.

DoctorArch