Options

Moving back to America, change Galaxy S5 phone firmware?

CantidoCantido Registered User regular
I am leaving South Korea and heading back to the states soon. Its been a pretty devastating month; my career is not going so well, but i have a fresh start in the states.

When I bought my Samsung Galaxy S5 in South Korea I naively thought that I was getting a phone without all the bullshit feature lockdowns and bloatware I associate with TMobile and other American telecoms. No, LG does it too, and nobody can escape such features, not even in the country where the phone originated. The phone likes to buzz, text, piss and moan at you in Hangeul if you are not using an LG sim card. But that said, LG and all of the South Korean telecoms are light years ahead of America in both performance and customer service. LG sells phones that are already unlocked :)

I would prefer not to buy a new phone in the states. What is the ideal course of action in making the most of my phone in the states? The only time I have ever messed with firmware is in my original Nintendo Wii so I could play Xenoblade. I see a few guides online but they are kind of scattered.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767