As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - Livescream – DreadOut, Act 0

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - Livescream – DreadOut, Act 0

This week Kristin, Dabe, and Jamie are spooked by apparitions from the Indonesian horror game DreadOut.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    CrumplepunchCrumplepunch Registered User regular
    What the hell are you shrieking about.

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular

Here come the reaction police! I did not scream at all to this game and disapprove of your screams because it is offensive to my unflinching manliness.

On a more serious note, this game definitely gives me some awesome Fatal Frame vibes. I'll have to check this one out.

• Options
    HoutzensteinHoutzenstein JBLM, WARegistered User new member
    This was super entertaining.

• Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    @wordlust Despite being genuinely terrified, this was one of the few LiveScream games I've played to date that I actually want to play more of - I want to know what the hell is going on in this world, even if it kills me.

• Options
    RunningmanRunningman Registered User regular

The word scream is literally in the title of the show. Do you want a video where a bunch of people play a horror game completely deadpan and stonefaced?

• Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Each of us on the show are the types who NEVER play scary games. I mean, I try and uninstall games due to spiders on the regular. We all dread when Josh schedules us to record one.

Lots of people can play horror games and easily push through the tension and jumps scares. We are not those people.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    this one was pretty good, so when you guys start playing are you just told the title and dropped into the game with no prior knowledge? While it is fun just watching you guys freak out would love to hear some post play chatter about what you thought and such.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    darkmayo wrote: »
    this one was pretty good, so when you guys start playing are you just told the title and dropped into the game with no prior knowledge? While it is fun just watching you guys freak out would love to hear some post play chatter about what you thought and such.

We're not allowed to read anything about it so we basically have the intro screen and whatever tutorial intro there is. Good feedback for Josh, though! Thanks!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I will watch these Livescreams simply because they seem to contain Jamies.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Has anyone suggested playing one of these games with an oculus rift? ^.^

• Options
    Vater5BVater5B Registered User regular
    I enjoy these a great deal. One quick question:

Would it be possible to introduce who is playing, if even through a banner across the bottom of the screen? I know who Jamie and Kristin are through PA: the Series, but it would be nice to know what Dabe does. This could extend to all of the PA Let's Play shows. Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Has anyone suggested playing one of these games with an oculus rift? ^.^

This kills the employees.

I hate scary games, too; I think I'd fall off the sofa wearing a rift.

• Options
    TeamPineappleTeamPineapple Lurker Extraordinaire Registered User regular
    I hate playing scary games, but I find watching these very entertaining. This one in particular was super fun. Some great one liners - "Stop mincing around!"