As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction] Be Ready For Jubei

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    amaterasu_by_ultraflame22-d4msdd1.jpg

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DESTROY AMATERASU!"
    "Negative, subject too fluffy. I'm so happy...."

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Heh. There's a comic to be made about Izanami in the game, too.
    "Where are your social links now?"

Isn't that a Blazen comic? I miss that crazy site.

tumblr_meglgp1Vhq1r6af86o1_1280.png

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    This feels topical.

CottAi0UIAARs8f.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    MWCaXmk.jpg

Mai Natsume is in. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    And we now have literally everyone important outside of Jubei.

Not that there aren't other characters that could become playable. Seven of the Teb Sages for instance. Or Trinity if she ever gets a body back. Etc.

Hell, they'll probably create a new character out of thin air before Jubei ever becomes playable.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Jubei will be playable after he is transformed into a normal cat of average capacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uACvFAm6JSM

• Options
    Ridley's time will come.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MWCaXmk.jpg

Mai Natsume is in. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

The fuck is that outfit though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The fuck is that outfit though.

They needed to complete the trio of overboob, underboob, and sideboob?

Her previous outfit in Remix Heart was the standard sailor fuku uniform.

• Options
    Relius is all like 'oh who is this bitch'.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Would think someone but me would have noticed by now...

https://www.facebook.com/patrickseitzfanpage/posts/10154563285294875
    Aksys Games put out a few tweets yesterday that confirmed what I’d been dreading more with each passing month of silence—that BlazBlue Central Fiction would not be receiving an English dub, and would go to market in the U.S. sub-only:

"@aksysgames Basically boiled down to- game now w/ no dub. Game 6-8 months later w/ dub. We made a tough decision, but stick by it."

"@aksysgames For clarification- We're doing one release this Nov, not multiple for BBCF, no dub. No plans for a dub release or DLC atm."

I’m disappointed by the news—and I’m especially disappointed to be getting it via tweet. Reaching out to the cast would have been a simple enough courtesy for Aksys to extend. Maybe they think we don’t much care either way, but many of us do. I know I do.

I’ve been Ragna from Calamity Trigger onward. I served as script-adapter and VO director on Continuum Shift Extend. When BlazBlue: Alter Memory got licensed for a U.S. release, I coordinated with Funimation to adapt and direct it out in Los Angeles, so that we could retain practically the entire cast and give longtime fans of the series a dub with the voices they’ve known all along. Granted, my experience with BlazBlue might be a bit more “behind the scenes” than most—but at the end of the day, I’m a fan, too.

Optimists are making a lot out of that “at the moment” distinction in Aksys’s second tweet, hanging their hopes on a dubbed release or at least English dialogue DLC down the line. Sadly, I am not. Aksys has literally nothing to gain by saying, “Nope, it’s never gonna happen,” except inviting a lot of disappointment and ill-will upon themselves in a moment when some folks are already fairly salty—even if they know it to ultimately be the truth. “No plans for a dub release or DLC atm” is the easy let-down, wherein everybody loses hope at their own staggered, gradual pace—or, ideally, just forgets about it with the passage of time.

If the sub-only BBCF sells well in America, it’ll be seen as proof that an English dub isn’t essential—that it’s an expensive frippery, as it were, and that they were right to release a pared-down version. At that point, why commit funds to a dub after the fact when they’ve already got your cash in hand? And if BBCF doesn’t sell well, no one’s going to want to throw good money after bad by dubbing something that under-performed in its initial U.S. release.

All this said, I’m not working with any privileged information here. If Aksys approaches us to dub Central Fiction later on, I will happily eat crow—and do it publicly, when we’re cleared to discuss the dub. But as of right now, faced with a reality I’d never thought to consider—that after the release of a multitude of dual-language BlazBlue titles from 2008 onward, they’re just nixing the English voices altogether—they’re not giving me much reason to hold my breath.

Some fans just play BlazBlue to whup ass, and that’s fine. But for a lot of folks, the story mode—which has just grown richer with each iteration—is a major draw. The mythos and the relationships between characters have been fleshed out in loving detail, and many among you would rather hear those thousands upon thousands of lines being acted out in English than have to read them.

And what a cast we’ve had…! I think our BB English cast is one of the best fighting-game ensembles in the genre, frankly. I’m not saying that as a self-aggrandizing actor, or as one who’s bummed over the loss of a paycheck. I’m saying that as someone who, like you, has spent the last eight years with these characters—cheering their victories, mourning their losses, and understanding the world of BlazBlue more (or sometimes less!) with each new revelation.

TL;DR version: BlazBlue Central Fiction isn’t getting dubbed. I’m sad about it, irate about how impersonally I found out, and not putting any particular stock in a dub happening after-the-fact (though I’d love to be wrong on that front).

After all this time, it hurts to be told that we’re not so central to the fiction after all.

I was still going to buy the US release, begrudgingly. But now? Hell no. Aksys aren't getting a dime from me. I'm importing, and I plan to do everything in my power to ensure everyone on the internet does the same.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    :(

• Options
    Greatly disappointing to hear.

What's the point of story mode if I can't make out Rachel's utter disdain for Ragna?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    So uh, Aksys, in a grand show of pivoting that'd make Trump proud...
    Not delayed, just saying a patch or DLC dub is possible, as long as fans that want it mobilize and let the dev team know.

So what the hell, let's try.
    https://www.change.org/p/aksys-games-support-the-dub-for-blazblue-central-fiction

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Signed. The abrupt lack of dub six releases into the series is a giant WTF.

• Options
    We're well past 3000 signatures, and have been covered by Gematsu, SRK, and Destructoid, to name a few.

ArcSys and Aksys are well aware, but are trying to avoid it. Damage control mode.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    In slightly more positive news, the JPN demo has confirmed legacy stick support.

• Options
  • Options

What's her beef with Relius?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    That's conflicting. On the one hand, polearms are the best. On the other hand, seeing the outfit in game is even worse. Just, yeesh. Dial it back a little Japan.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Also, Central Fiction(via the demo) will be at CEOTaku. So will I, if you want to watch me go 0-2 again. :D

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So umm, I haven't played any of this game since the absolute original on PS3 I think. I loved it then, but I just kind of fell out.

I really wanna try it out again. But I don't have a PS4 yet and my PS3 is non functional at the moment (not sure if I want to spend the 50+ to fix it or just wait a little bit for older PS4's to go down in price).

Anyway, I would also like to get caught up on the other games I missed. I see they are on Steam. I am not used to getting fighting games on a PC. Are those versions of the first 3 games solid? Are there any differences (mostly in performance) anyone ever heard of?

• Options
    Chrono Phantasma Extend is ported/published by Ark System Works themselves so it should be a good port.

If you care about the story, it has primers/digest versions of the previous two games' story modes.

• Options
    I would rather play them, just to experience all the characters as they progressed play wise.

Also playing on my PC is more reasonable in my home, so if the option to get them there is good its what I want. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any obvious issues with them that users had known about I might have missed because I wasn't keeping track of them then.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I would rather play them, just to experience all the characters as they progressed play wise.

Also playing on my PC is more reasonable in my home, so if the option to get them there is good its what I want. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any obvious issues with them that users had known about I might have missed because I wasn't keeping track of them then.

The previous two entries were ported by another company. Of the two, Continuum Shift has online play and Calamity Trigger does not. Not sure why you want to play them in order, but if you do note that Calamity Trigger is horribly unbalanced lol (and Continuum Shiift also includes a catch-up story mode for it like I mentioned that Chrono Phantasma has for both games. You can experience the origional bullshit Mu and Rachel in it and the origional way too large of a hitbox Gigantic Tager.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Oh, and before I forget, the OP for Central Fiction was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFP3pKyg0bI

• Options
    First good one in a LONG time. Kotoko being back helps.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Continuum Shift Extend is still the last not bad one.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

The previous two entries were ported by another company. Of the two, Continuum Shift has online play and Calamity Trigger does not. Not sure why you want to play them in order, but if you do note that Calamity Trigger is horribly unbalanced lol (and Continuum Shiift also includes a catch-up story mode for it like I mentioned that Chrono Phantasma has for both games. You can experience the origional bullshit Mu and Rachel in it and the origional way too large of a hitbox Gigantic Tager.

The first game was the one I actively played back then, so people were pretty fine with it at that point.

Those harsh words for it though say to me it must have gotten an AWFUL lot better though I guess.

The first two are cheap, and there is a big difference between a synopsis of the story and actually doing it. Plus I just would like to slowly experience it all, as a game. Online play is going to be completely meaningless though because who the hell would be playing older versions of a fighting game online.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Uh, I'm hearing murmurings that there's a new character...

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Yep, it's real.
    (Endgame boss)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    What I heard was that
    it is Terumi, and a likely boss-character.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Uh, I'm hearing murmurings that there's a new Terumi/Hakumen character... Susano'o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKwDxJYTymg

Shouldn't you put that in spoiler? I know plot is not the most important thing in fighting games but still, it's BlazBlue plot

Asthariel on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    PLA wrote: »
    What I heard was that
    it is Terumi, and a likely boss-character.

Well yeah.
    Hakumen is currently walking around in Terumi's old container/body.

Terumi gets it back... which makes me wonder what's gonna happen to Hakumen.

And he's clearly playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIHLUIGwOk0

The fact that we're not getting this dubed, and likely not subtitled pisses me off.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Uh, I'm hearing murmurings that there's a new Terumi/Hakumen character... Susano'o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKwDxJYTymg

Shouldn't you put that in spoiler? I know plot is not the most important thing in fighting games but still, it's BlazBlue plot

I figured a new character wasn't a big deal, especially since it's basically in the astral, but okay.
    (And I'm also a fan of BB's plot, so I do consider it important.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Watch as Jubei doesn't become playable until they do the GG vs BB game. :(

• Options
    Watch as Jubei doesn't become playable until they do the GG vs BB game. :(

• Options
  • Options
    Lies and japes!

• Options
    Sounds pretty legit.

wVEsyIc.png