As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great [Nintendo] Thread

Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
This thread is dedicated to Satoru Iwata. He was a great person and will be missed.

satoru_iwata_passes_away.jpg

Everyone loves Nintendo, right? One of the things I love playing on my 3DS is the Ace Attorney series.

284830-100805_phoenixwright_01.nphd.jpg

They're visual novels where you search for evidence and defend clients in court as a defense attorney.

The most recent game in the series is a prequel known as Dai Gyakuten Saiban, or The Great Ace Attorney.

great-ace-attorney-promo-01.jpg

However, if you like to play things that are currently released outside of Japan, I recommend trying out The Ace Attorney Trilogy, which contains the first three games, and can be found on the Nintendo 3DS eshop.

cover_large.jpg

Or you could try out the fifth game, Ace Attorney Dual Destinies, which I'm told is mostly standalone in terms of plot, and is also found on the 3DS eshop.

TM_3DS_PhoenixWrightAceAttorneyDualDestinies.png

The fourth game, Apollo Justice, is currently only on DS. You'll probably have to order it from somewhere.

TM_NDS_ApolloJusticeAceAttorney_image300w.png

There are other games too, but those are the main ones.

If you aren't a fan of the series, no worries, post about the Nintendo games you love to play, and make sure to have fun and be respectful.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Real talk

Ace Attorney games are fun and I enjoyed them when I played them

But it's been over half a decade since my last one and I don't know if I could go back to how god damn stupid they are

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hahaha you mad bastard
    I was about to make a new thread and my OP was also going to be Phoenix Wright-focused

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Real talk

But it's been over half a decade since my last one and I don't know if I could go back to how god damn stupid they are

I lost a little momentum but I had no problem getting back on their level after a few months
    Five years though, I don't know if I could do

But as it is I'm fully invested in this shit once more

• Options
    I never played AA5 and probably never will

If Dai Gyakuten gets localized I'll play it, though

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i have not ever played a phoenix wright game, and at this point that is unlikely to change.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I was going to post a gif of Phoenix cross-examing a parrot, but couldn't find one.

However, I did learn that apparently that actually made it into the live action movie.
    polly.png

Did that ever release outside of Japan?

• Options
    Been playing a lot of EarthBound Beginnings lately.

Is good games, everyone. It's probably my favorite NES game I've played - easily my favorite NES RPG

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    It feels so full in a way most NES games aren't

Great care was taken with it's story, world, and tone and there's a surprising amount of music in the game

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote:
    naming pokemon should be a crime

Yes yes I agree

At the very least it'd be cool if there was an option I could toggle so that they'd never ask me again

I was so annoyed that I got a Fennekin when I beat Y but the dumb girl named it something dumb so I had to breed it with a Ditto to get an untainted one and then I just let the dumb one go

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    "Hey, where did Dog go?"

"I think they went outside, Human."

THIS IS YOU. THIS IS THE KIND OF WEIRDO YOU ARE.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    also the kind of weirdo 99% of the characters in the anime are

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'm glad I've never had a pet because I don't think I could deal with the pressure of choosing a name for it

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I'm glad I've never had a pet because I don't think I could deal with the pressure of choosing a name for it

There's always You.

Good name, that.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what is that, zbrush?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I started playing Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. This game might have the best animation I've ever seen. Everything's so fluid and expressive.

Also, the premise is super intriguing. I'm really digging this so far.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Ghost Trick is excellent from top to bottom

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    what is that, zbrush?

Yeah, I didn't have any actual clay but if you do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqn4p_U9NIc

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I was going to post a gif of Phoenix cross-examing a parrot, but couldn't find one.

However, I did learn that apparently that actually made it into the live action movie.
    polly.png

Did that ever release outside of Japan?

Yep.

Wyborn wrote: »
    Real talk

I know that you can see it in your heart that it's the endearing kind of stupid.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Oh man, Inspector Cabanela just showed up. The animations in this game keep getting better and better.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

You've never had a pet? You've never had a pet. This explains so, so, so much.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    What is the Phoenix Wright movie like?

I saw it on Netflix and added it to my list because how could I not, but I haven't had the courage to actually watch it yet.

broken image link
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    It is live action anime.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm kinda glad they never made a sequel to Ghost Trick

It's a perfect self-contained story

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular

I saw it on Netflix and added it to my list because how could I not, but I haven't had the courage to actually watch it yet.
    qsvrj2iamayv.png

1w5p0kp4omqw.png

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Fuck that

Ghost Trick has an absolutely incredible hook for how a sequel might play out and it's a crime it will never be realized

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm kinda glad they never made a sequel to Ghost Trick

It's a perfect self-contained story

What about a... spiritual successor?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Daypigeon wrote: »

qsvrj2iamayv.png

1w5p0kp4omqw.png

Wait this is on Netflix now????

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

qsvrj2iamayv.png

1w5p0kp4omqw.png

Wait this is on Netflix now????

I was hoping so, but I'm not seeing it...

• Options
    No it isn't
    Fuck you for getting my hopes up

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I definitely name all the pokemon I actually bother to IV breed/EV train.

Sometimes I forget the actual name of the pokemon as a result

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Now I can see that an Eevee evolution was named Fred once and now they're all Freds to you.

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »

What does it explain

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Whippy wrote: »

What does it explain

It explains I shouldn't be an asshole on the internet at 3am after taking a bunch of sleeping pills, sorry

Pets are cool though and you should get one (though obviously you would already have if you wanted)

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I have never had a pet due to circumstances, pretty sure I am a hateful train wreck of a human being consequently

I'm studying law!
    public interest law, i'm not like a total monster

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    I have never had a pet due to circumstances, pretty sure I am a hateful train wreck of a human being consequently

I'm studying law!
    public interest law, i'm not like a total monster

it's not the study of law that makes you a monster, it's studying for the bar exam later that does it.

help me out here @Munkus Beaver

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Gunna be real sad when I've got no cats again next month after I move into a new place

The deposit on pets is just too high

They're not really mine anyway, they're my parent's, but I'm gunna miss em, and they'll miss me too. :-(

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who's super pumped for Yokai Watch?

I had no idea the game even existed until they announced it was being localized at E3 and now I can't stop watching footage on youtube.

It's like they took the fun of catching monsters in pokemon and gave it a combat system that looks way more fun. And everything about it looks so damn charming.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The monsters design in Yokai Watch is super terrible. They all look like Mad Magazine parody pokemon.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.