As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New TV - No Stereo RCA Output for Amplifier?

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
Got a new Samsung 4k TV (UN50HU8550) and found that there is only a single optical out for audio? Is there an adapter that goes to the traditional white and red cables for my amplifier and speakers?

I'm looking through amazon and radio shack and I'm not sure which one I need. I'm guessing I need an optical cable and an adapter that plugs into the existing white and red RCA cable?

I am in the business of saving lives.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Worst case scenario, you need this.

But is there not a single stereo audio out? Usually black colored and the size of a 3.5mm headphone jack. If so, then you can just get a $4 cable that splits the signal.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, there is a random audio out but it looks just like a random hole in the back. Not very well labeled and certainly didn't look like any other 3.5 mm audio jack I've seen.

This can be locked!

I am in the business of saving lives.