As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want for Secret Shamblers is a moose and some new content [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I should have realized this on tuesday but Ima have to sit out tonight.

Its Thanksgiving weekend and ima need sleep for work sorry guys

Ill be there with internet next week heh

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Canada what the hell?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    bought a bunch of XP potions and ran a ton of dungeons to get my tank to 100

now to get all the HP

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Canada what the hell?

this is something i say at work daily.

all the stuff about canadians being super polite is a lie.

i work for a canadian bank, and just the other day we got an email calling our mortgage director 'hitler'.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    I should be at raid but I have a meeting from at 8 pdt thar I will have to step out for, but it shouldn't be longer than an hour (maybe 30?)

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Canada what the hell?

We like to spread out our bird murder holidays

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I think I mentioned it at some point but my mother is coming to visit today. I don't know if this means I will raid or not. My general practice involving any family members is "erase all plans, pretend you never had any."

For all I know i'll be there 9pm sharp. I could also be completely late, or entirely absent. I'll do my best though. Which in this case involves attempting to bargain her down from "Going out to dinner and tell me about what you've been up to lately" and settle on "Order pizza and eat it while watching TV." If i've learned anything about my mother it's that 2 glasses of wine and a couch will make her fall asleep by 10.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Man if we finally got a Tuesday raid together just to fuck it up on Thursday I'm gonna be very upset

Everyone show up to raid plz

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    October Thanksgiving is 1000% better than November Thanksgiving sorry.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »

Well yeah, yours won't have Black Friday encroaching on it for at least a couple more decades at the current rate.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »

the way to actually do it is live close to the border, and have canadian and american relatives for double thanksgiving

• Options
    Huh. Since when did that weighted category exist for the damages? It's interesting. I wonder how they calculate most of that. Nifty to know they're making their statistics more granular though. It's always a little difficult to figure out if your damage is actually low, or if you were just focusing priority targets when everyone else in your spec was cleave mode.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    someday i wont have really bad shadowforce positioning

~someday~

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Huh. Since when did that weighted category exist for the damages? It's interesting. I wonder how they calculate most of that. Nifty to know they're making their statistics more granular though. It's always a little difficult to figure out if your damage is actually low, or if you were just focusing priority targets when everyone else in your spec was cleave mode.

It's pretty new. Here's the forum thread about the basic rules for assigning multipliers, and the ensuing tweaking of things based on feedback. http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4701

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options

wow that's super fascinating. it must be somewhat new. the depth of the wowlogs tool continues to be dumbfounding.

• Options

It's pretty new. Here's the forum thread about the basic rules for assigning multipliers, and the ensuing tweaking of things based on feedback. http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4701

That's actually fairly simple sounding. But presumably still pretty effective.
    Adus wrote: »

wow that's super fascinating. it must be somewhat new. the depth of the wowlogs tool continues to be dumbfounding.

Im still blown away pretty constantly. Wasnt the entire site basically done by one guy? It's probably the most comprehensive tool of its kind, at least that ive ever seen.

• Options
    Hmm. On mannoroth all 3 healers did really poorly (sub 20%). I'm guessing most people just run 2 healers (per 10), which makes sense because raid damage is pretty low for most of that fight and it just spikes a little during certain abilities, but would be manageable for sure

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Yes, for hfc you want 1 healer per 5 at maximum.

For a 10 man raid that can get a bit screwy when healers get targeted for mechanics, blizzards track record on that kind of shit is not exactly great.

But overhealing fights causes healing to often be harder, not easier, because adds live far too long and things in general take too long.

2/4/9 is a really bad raid setup in HFC for this reason, something i wish pug groups would just accept.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Yes, for hfc you want 1 healer per 5 at maximum.

For a 10 man raid that can get a bit screwy when healers get targeted for mechanics, blizzards track record on that kind of shit is not exactly great.

But overhealing fights causes healing to often be harder, not easier, because adds live far too long and things in general take too long.

2/4/9 is a really bad raid setup in HFC for this reason, something i wish pug groups would just accept.

I mean, yeah, but we do have 10 people (usually), which is why we run 3, and normally it's ok because it gives us more control, even if fights are longer, but that fight in particular the numbers really dropped.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mannoroth in general is not a very healing-intensive fight, actually. We 3 healed with 19 people on Mannoroth Heroic last week, and our holy priest died at around 70% or something, and me on my holy paladin and our disc priest 2 healed the rest of the way. Never really struggled too much.

• Options
    Mannoroth in general is not a very healing-intensive fight, actually. We 3 healed with 19 people on Mannoroth Heroic last week, and our holy priest died at around 70% or something, and me on my holy paladin and our disc priest 2 healed the rest of the way. Never really struggled too much.

Good job!

• Options
    I wasn't trying to brag, if you were <sarcasm> there. Just backing up my point about Mannoroth, really.

if you weren't then thanks!

• Options
    I wasn't trying to brag, if you were <sarcasm> there. Just backing up my point about Mannoroth, really.

JzUQkGh.png

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

JzUQkGh.png

I usually go the opposite route when it comes to Zay. I just assume he's being sarcastic if he says something nice.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    or pip

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The only nice things pip ever says are about dogs.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if he calls you a bitch he's trying to be complimentary

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Dogs are awesome

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Dogs are awesome

They are

PRETTY GOOD

• Options
    kettle whistle

• Options
    Dog whistle

• Options
    Plane takeoff

• Options
    I got nothin man I'm dumb

• Options
    Lesser dog...

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    dag

• Options
    Lesser dog...

It's possible that you may have a problem.

• Options
    why do they fuckin give you the ability to get nearly infinite warforged seals but still don't fuckin let you run MoP raids more than once a week to even make use of those rerolls

fuck!

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    fuck you, that's why

• Options
    Lesser dog...

Pet
    Pet
    Petpetpetpetpetpet

This discussion has been closed.