As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcasts] U Talkin' U2 to U2

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Elliott Kalan and Dan McCoy appeared together on Jon Stewart's final Daily Show tonight
    arguing about Jabba the Hutt

6F32U1X.png
    NeoTomaThe BetgirlTheySlashThemWeedLordVegetagodmodeErin The RedCilla BlackSassoriTheBlackWindBucketman
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Great ep.

NeoTomaSporkAndrew
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    posting again for the new thread

TCND minute 4, my first week starts on monday

Chincymcchilla
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Beastcast is up!

Gita Jackson is in the rotating chair!

It's really good!

Virgil_Leads_YouThe BetgirlCilla Blackmageormike
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I dunno if anyone watched the daily show last night

A pretty much every correspondent from the last decade came on to say goodbye, Steve Carrell, Rob Coordry, Ed Helms, John Oliver, Steven Colbert, etc etc

If you listened to that WTF interview not too long back, Wyatt Cenac showed up after struggling over it

It was sweet and very knowing and referential to the situation

He didn't appear with Jon on screen, but via "satellite" like they do... and appeared to be just outside the studio

Jon: Wyatt! Its nice to see you! Are you across the street?
    Wyatt: Maybe.
    Jon: You coming in?
    Wyatt:... Thinking about it. Maybe.
    Jon: You good?
    Wyatt: I'm good. You good?
    Jon: I'm good. I'd like to see you in person
    Wyatt: I'll think about it. My social media is blowing up.

It was sweet and a good acknowledgement that not everything is fixed between them but that they're both open to burying the hatchet, I really enjoyed it.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    WeedLordVegetaBlankZoeI Win SwordfightsThe BetgirlErin The RedDarkPrimusPwnanObrienmageormikeJoeUser
    posting again for the new thread

TCND minute 4, my first week starts on monday

TCND w/ TDOT

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    TheySlashThem
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA_FaUAKuNM
    Elliott Kalan has left the Daily Show alongside Jon Stewart

Here is a clip package the show put together of his many cameos

6F32U1X.png
    Bucketman
    wait what?

I can't find anything about this anywhere

where did you see this?

edited August 2015
    Elliott linked an interview he did yesterday that was phrased as something like "Head writer Elliott Kalan was at the Daily Show for 13 years!"

He has since deleted that

Plus that clip package was uploaded by a PA on the show, and the description confirms he has left

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    One of these days I'll be quick enough on the draw and I'll make my own podcast thread! And the title will forever be a plug for my podcast! You'll see! You'll all see!
    Also today I found out that drinking chocolate milk in coffee is delicious.

Also also, I'm powering through the first season of Friends at the Table still. The calm voices of most of the folks help keep the kids mellow in the car. I approve.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    holy cow, that's kinda huge, and maybe confirms that trevor noah really wants to change things up re: what the daily show is

holy cow, that's kinda huge, and maybe confirms that trevor noah really wants to change things up re: what the daily show is

Well Elliott is one of the only staff members leaving

I believe Trevor Noah has said anyone who wants to stay can stay, so a good 90% of the current staff is staying on, including Dan and Hallie Haglund

Elliott probably just thought it was time

He's been working there almost as long as Jon Stewart

6F32U1X.png
    Bucketman
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yeah, I totally don't blame Elliott for wanting to move on, and this is a really good opportunity to do so. With a new host, it's the perfect time to let someone else take the position and let their voice help define the new era.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    this episode of UTU2TM is legitimately great, like it's funny but it is also just a good thing.

SporkAndrewHybridSpeed RacerBluedude152SCREECH OF THE FARG
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    i had a dream about drew last night

he was very nice

Erin The Red
    In searching for something from last night's Daily Show, I discovered that the Flop House Dan McCoy is not the first result when you search for "Dan McCoy" on Twitter

Which is just all too perfect

6F32U1X.png
    so on the beastcast they were talking about minions as a sign of the coming end of civilization (also they are way too harsh on minions)

but I have found a real one

this toy exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Q7_TWYSQA

so on the beastcast they were talking about minions as a sign of the coming end of civilization (also they are way too harsh on minions)

but I have found a real one

this toy exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Q7_TWYSQA

That dog needs to be rastafied by at least 10%.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

HybridDiarmuidNeoTomagodmodeBucketman
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ok

so regarding a topic from the latest beastcast

an FPS where you get stuff you can use to decorate a home/base

or even a map you get to fight on

is

so brilliant, so basic

how has no major game company done this

wY6K6Jb.gif
    The BetgirlErin The Red
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    god everyone involved in this game is just too damn charming

6F32U1X.png
    LockedOnTargetHybridBlankZoeBucketman
    I'm so damn happy to see how Contradiction is becoming somewhat of a thing. Seems like it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

AistanLockedOnTargetIndie WinterThe BetgirlSpeed RacerSnicketysnickErin The Red-SPI-introp
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    VinnyVania in an hour and a half

VinnyVania: Dracula's Curse - Part 04
    PREMIUM LIVE SHOW ON AUG 07, 2015

Wasn't on the schedule an hour or two ago. Wasn't sure if East was doing anything this friday.

Undead Scottsman on
    Wait I thought they beat it?

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    nah, they're still at least two stages away from drac

Drac U. La

The Betgirl
    Dan McCoy has now confirmed for like the sixth time that he's staying put at the Daily Show, even if Elliott is moving on

6F32U1X.png
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Drac U. La

U Talking Drac U to Me?

Wait I thought they beat it?

He spent like an hour trying to beat one stage last time. We could easily get two or three more episodes out of this, depending on how well he does against the final boss.

the stage that they stopped at last time ends with a three boss rush

it took me 30+ minutes to beat with a savestate set right before the fight

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Dan McCoy has now confirmed for like the sixth time that he's staying put at the Daily Show, even if Elliott is moving on

Where are people getting all this sweet Dan and Elliott news?

I haven't seen a source for any of it

Straightzi wrote: »

Sounds like somebody isn't a card-carrying member of The Flop House Facebook Group: A Podcast That's Not Just For Jerks Anymore

6F32U1X.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Sounds like somebody isn't a card-carrying member of The Flop House Facebook Group: A Podcast That's Not Just For Jerks Anymore

I am! I even went there, I didn't see anything. I guess I didn't look hard enough.

I am! I even went there, I didn't see anything. I guess I didn't look hard enough.

No the real one for fans who are cool enou-

oh...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Kilroy wrote: »
    the stage that they stopped at last time ends with a three boss rush

it took me 30+ minutes to beat with a savestate set right before the fight

I gave up on Rondo of Blood because I simply couldn't beat the 5-boss rush near the end

edit: wait, was it Rondo of blood? I'm not finding that boss rush in the FAQs. Maybe it's Dracula X. Ugh, I dunno

edit2: Oh, here it is. It is Rondo of Blood. The bosses you fight one after another are: Bat, Medusa, Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, Shaft

edit3: Apparently if you beat the first four, you don't have to fight them again (in the same continue?)

HugmasterGeneral on
    Oh my god

@ThatDudeOverThere did you hear the end of the Beastcast

Austin Walker gives a long spiel about how sonic the hedgehog is real and he loves him

Speed RacerTheySlashThem
    Also Alex is wrong, Sonic Boom is a really good cartoon

This discussion has been closed.