As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Freaks And Beaks

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Freaks And Beaks

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    LittlestarsLittlestars Registered User regular
    Fruit Fucker seems to be especially pleased with this arrangement, or maybe he just doesn't get walked enough. Where are you guys walking him so late in the evening? Oh no, is this an old yeller scenario? Please no.

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    That is an unexpected turn of events.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Wait, so in the PA universe Big Bird is a good guy now? But he killed Joey McIntyre. 470604833_vrjCp-1050x10000.jpg
    *self edit* In the third panel of today's strip, should I be hearing the True Detective theme from season one? Or should I be hearing the Sesame Street theme?

Rottonapple on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    In the third panel of today's strip, should I be hearing the True Detective theme from season one? Or should I be hearing the Sesame Street theme?

Yes.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    In the third panel of today's strip, should I be hearing the True Detective theme from season one? Or should I be hearing the Sesame Street theme?

Yes.

thank you for clearing that up for me

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'd watch it.

And for those wondering there won't (allegedly) be any big changes. Sesame Workshop wasn't making enough money on PBS to keep making the show. So they're moving to HBO which will have a nine month window of exclusivity when the episodes air. After that PBS gets to air them.

• Options
    HeWhoSeesHeWhoSees Registered User regular
    Welcome to the bandwagon, Penny Arcade. Not that it's not okay for something like this to happen every so often.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Wait, so in the PA universe Big Bird is a good guy now? But he killed Joey McIntyre.

Who do you think committed the sex murder?

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Fruit Fucker seems to be especially pleased with this arrangement, or maybe he just doesn't get walked enough. Where are you guys walking him so late in the evening? Oh no, is this an old yeller scenario? Please no.

The orchard I assume. They go at night so nobody sees.

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Sesame Workshop wasn't making enough money on PBS to keep making the show.

I guess Sesame Street isn't made possible by viewers like you.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Today's episode has been brought to you by the letters NC, and the number 17.

• Options
    CaptApocalypseCaptApocalypse Registered User regular
    Please do a stand-alone version of that last panel. I cannot stop laughing and my phone needs a new background.

• Options
    Soul SanctumSoul Sanctum Registered User regular
    Would pay good money to watch this version of Sesame Street.

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Excellent strip. That third panel is spot on how it would look.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    REAL TALK: Brian Henson has a movie coming out called "Happytime Murders", which is basically a True Crime Noir style story that takes in a parody Sesame Street, complete with muppets.

GET. HYPE.

Linktm on
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Linktm wrote: »
    REAL TALK: Brian Henson has a movie coming out called "Happytime Murders", which is basically a True Crime Noir style story that takes in a parody Sesame Street, complete with muppets.

GET. HYPE.
    Are the writers of Avenue Q involved? I hope so.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    If you, like me, enjoy searching for any prior usage of Jerry's more novel newspost wordings, I should warn you the phrase "Globulous Teats" is producing mostly images of goiters and mutant cattle so far.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Dat Brahmin.

• Options
    Blackie62Blackie62 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    *self edit* In the third panel of today's strip, should I be hearing the True Detective theme from season one? Or should I be hearing the Sesame Street theme?

Sesame Street theme sung by T-Bone Burnett in the style of the True Detective Season 2 theme.

Or maybe Sesame Street would better fit a The Wire parody. "Come at the count, you best not miss."

I don't know, somehow my mind keeps coming back to Cookie Monster and Grover in a Generation Kill parody.

Blackie62 on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Sesame Workshop wasn't making enough money on PBS to keep making the show.

I guess Sesame Street isn't made possible by viewers like you.

To be fair, HBO is subsidized by its subscribers, so that is *technically* still true :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    >.>
    Heh.

Also-I find it really sad that Sesame Street doesn't get enough funding to stay on PBS.

ziddersroofurry on
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Huh. I thought "Sesame Street on HBO" was a joke until I read this thread and then looked it up online. ....That's... kinda sad :/ .

sig.gif
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Sesame Street moving to HBO is the most American thing

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    At least it's going somewhere good.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    To be fair, HBO is subsidized by its subscribers, so that is *technically* still true :P
    Well, yeah. It's true now...

• Options
    BahamutEosBahamutEos Registered User regular
    Wait, so in the PA universe Big Bird is a good guy now? But he killed Joey McIntyre. 470604833_vrjCp-1050x10000.jpg

Wait, where is this comic from?

• Options
    BahamutEos wrote: »

Wait, where is this comic from?
    it was three parter
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/02/06
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/02/09
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/02/11