As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What booths and games are you most excited for this year?

DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
Less than 2 weeks to go! What's everyone eagerly awaiting spending hours in line to play?

Namco-Bandai is there, so hopefully that means they're bringing Dark Souls 3 with them. If the line is as fast the Bloodborne demo from last year, I'm gonna spending a whole lot of time there.

Don't think Scalebound will be there, but maybe Transformers: Devastation will be. Also hoping to see Capcom bring that Kitchen demo for the Morpheus. I want to try to get some hands on time with some VR horror games.

• Options
    PidermansVestPidermansVest Registered User regular
    There's a Scalebound demonstration on Monday, iirc (I'm excited for it too!).
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the PAX 10 game "Ninja Tag". Mainly cuz it sounds rad and doesn't seem to exist on the Internet (??). And totally psyched to play the new Rainbow 6 (I lived on the Vegas servers way back when).

• Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Im also super hype for the Scalebound demo. If you look at the people on the attendees list, Hideki Kamiya is there, and I really hope he'll be greeting fans or doing a signing.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Lovers In a Dangerous Spacetime. It was at Prime in 2013 but I never got to it, and didn't go to 2014. But it's still not out and I needs it's candy colored co-op. Of course it's an indie game, so the wait won't be too long.

• Options
    DonovanKreedDonovanKreed Registered User regular
    Everything really, to be honest, I'm really hoping there's some VR demos because I've never got to experience them before and it would be a wonderful opportunity. Of course, I'm also holding my breath for a Fallout 4 demo but I'm pretty sure that line would wrap around the whole convention center.

• Options
    thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    Theres honestly nothing im really looking forward to at prime other than seeing some friends. The list of PC/console tournaments was pretty disappointing to me, and none of the panels stood out to me as being interesting. Holding out hope that namco is bringing Tekken 7 with them and that we'll be able to play it. If not I may just give away my passes and go explore the city for the weekend.

• Options
    ShivinShivin OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to the Bethesda booth. With the whole line capping thing I don't know if I'll be able to to it. I'm guessing it's going to be one of the bigger hits of the show.

r3a9obz7nxdg.png
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I can only assume that Fallout 4 will be playable at their booth. I think it'll be the first thing my group hits up Friday morning (after Merch Lite, of course :wink: ). Better to just get it out of the way so we don't have to worry about waiting in a 4 hour line for the rest of the weekend.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    DScribe wrote: »
    Less than 2 weeks to go! What's everyone eagerly awaiting spending hours in line to play?

Namco-Bandai is there, so hopefully that means they're bringing Dark Souls 3 with them. If the line is as fast the Bloodborne demo from last year, I'm gonna spending a whole lot of time there.

Don't think Scalebound will be there, but maybe Transformers: Devastation will be. Also hoping to see Capcom bring that Kitchen demo for the Morpheus. I want to try to get some hands on time with some VR horror games.

Is Morpheus going to be there for sure?????

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    I can only assume that Fallout 4 will be playable at their booth. I think it'll be the first thing my group hits up Friday morning (after Merch Lite, of course :wink: ). Better to just get it out of the way so we don't have to worry about waiting in a 4 hour line for the rest of the weekend.

Hope I am wrong but pretty sure Bethesda didn't have a playable F4 demo at Gamescom and there is an article on IGN stating that the devs will not release any plot details before launch. Maybe we will just get a scripted combat demo.

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »

Hope I am wrong but pretty sure Bethesda didn't have a playable F4 demo at Gamescom and there is an article on IGN stating that the devs will not release any plot details before launch. Maybe we will just get a scripted combat demo.

There was a video floating around the web that got continuously taken down when it popped up of Gamescon footage showing someone playing Fallout 4. I wouldn't be surprised if it's scripted like you said though. Either way, I'm down.

• Options
    DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
    Bluemeane wrote: »

I talked to someone from Capcom earlier and she said not to expect The Kitchen to be there, but I don't know if Sony will be doing any other Morpheus demos at PAX.

• Options
    Nexis NightmareNexis Nightmare Minneapolis MNRegistered User regular
    I'm a huge Killing Floor fan and luckily for me Tripwire will be doing a panel here! I went to their panel at South and it was awesome to see some of the content they were going to release when the game went into early access. Hopefully they will have more information about what will be released soon. I wish they would get a booth but then I would never leave. Also I'm sad that Blizzard doesn't have a booth.

• Options
    BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular
    Also I'm sad that Blizzard doesn't have a booth.

But they will have Bioware Base, 2nd floor of the WSCC. Generally full of mini panels, but you might get lucky to see upcoming gameplay--probably not hands on though.

• Options
    TamwulfTamwulf Registered User regular
    Basically, everything. I love just wondering around and seeing everything! I'm really looking forward to some more Halo 5 news/game play. The Wizards of the Coast booth is always fun, but long lines. The Corsair booth is great- I love the hardware!

If you can, try to visit the Indy Aisle and see all the games smaller companies and independents are making. There are some real gems in that area!

Witty Comments Require No Explanation,
    Sarcasm Allows None.
  • Options
    ioriyagamiioriyagami Registered User new member
    • I want to play some Street Fighter V. I assume Capcom or Sony will have some stations for that. It is a shame Capcom (so far) has not organized a SFV (or USFIV pro-level tournament) at PAX like they did in the E3. I was hoping I could see some high-level Street Fighter players and competition in person :(
    • I am excited for Scalebound and seeing Kamiya, but Monday is the only day I won't go to PAX :bigfrown:, I wish they had that panel some other day, I actually find the panels for the rest of the days not very interesting besides that one...
    • Will check Wattam, as a huge fan of Takahashi's crazy imagination
    • Not much more, though I am pretty sure I'll find stuff to see and do when I am there. I am primarily an offline gamer, the games that excite me are usually AAA titles (with somewhat a preference for Japanese IPs) with strong single player experiences and there does not seem to be much of that this year...

• Options
    Uno Ill NinoUno Ill Nino Registered User regular
    Is there a listing of what will be in the Expo Hall? It feels like the only way to know is to watch twitter and assorted forums and hope the companies with space will let the cat out of the bag.

I'm looking forward to:

Bethesda for Doom and Fallout. Hoping they'll be there and feeling pretty confident considering how much effort they put into repping Wolfenstein and The Evil Within last year.

Namco Bandai for Dark Souls 3 and Tekken 7

Microsoft for Halo 5 (hope its not all multiplayer, want to try single player!)

And I have no idea who else because I dont know who is renting space or even attending!

Excited for IGA's panel though. :)

The Moofcast! - A videogame podcast for adults.
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Is there a listing of what will be in the Expo Hall? It feels like the only way to know is to watch twitter and assorted forums and hope the companies with space will let the cat out of the bag.

I'm looking forward to:

Bethesda for Doom and Fallout. Hoping they'll be there and feeling pretty confident considering how much effort they put into repping Wolfenstein and The Evil Within last year.

Namco Bandai for Dark Souls 3 and Tekken 7

Microsoft for Halo 5 (hope its not all multiplayer, want to try single player!)

And I have no idea who else because I dont know who is renting space or even attending!

Excited for IGA's panel though. :)
    Exhibitor list.
    Maps for the Expo Hall (and everything else). This will show you where everyone is for planning purposes.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Uno Ill NinoUno Ill Nino Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Exhibitor list.
    Maps for the Expo Hall (and everything else). This will show you where everyone is for planning purposes.
    Nice! Thanks!

The Moofcast! - A videogame podcast for adults.
  • Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm really hoping to see some of the new Zelda, as well as something from Capcom about Resident Evil (either 7 or the 2 remake...though it's probably waaaaay too early for either of those). Maybe Dead Island 2?! (Where did that game go, anyway?)

Also, off topic but what in the world is Courtyard Marriott doing in the Expo Hall (this is my first look at the map, maybe I'm way behind)? Did they get confused and sign up for the wrong convention?

...Did Hilton sign them up as a practical joke?

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Bluemeane wrote: »

I talked to someone from Capcom earlier and she said not to expect The Kitchen to be there, but I don't know if Sony will be doing any other Morpheus demos at PAX.

If you're going to be there on Saturday, Rigs will be there: