As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Ryan Davis Memorial Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    A straight up commanding american accent would have worked well with that script.

No I don't.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    just being a good speaker would have worked well with that script

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It was a really good script.

No I don't.
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Are Liverpool and Iceland the only two Travelogues? I could watch this type of thing all day.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    jaziek wrote: »
    Are Liverpool and Iceland the only two Travelogues? I could watch this type of thing all day.

There's the video about Drew's trip to North Korea which is great, though its a bit of a different thing. I also remember the podcasts from way back in 2008 when they went to japan being a fun listen and being way more about crazy japan shit they saw than video games.

I've never seen the Liverpool one, going to have to check that out

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

There's the video about Drew's trip to North Korea which is great, though its a bit of a different thing. I also remember the podcasts from way back in 2008 when they went to japan being a fun listen and being way more about crazy japan shit they saw than video games.

I've never seen the LIverpool one, going to have to check that out

Just Ryan making Beatles themed food puns for 10 minutes.

Its pretty great.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    There was also the one with Brad and Drew in South Korea for Starcraft.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Holy hell there is a lot happening in this Xenoblade game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I liked Austin's weird Twitter sojourn into online streams of different versions of Knife Show. I think Ryan would have enjoyed that.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    This Xenoblade QL is fantastic.

Vinny: Forever the voice of unionised giant mutant crabs, everywhere.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Just Cause 3 QL tomorrow morning
    GBEast's new Kerbal Space Program series starts Monday morning

It's gonna be a GOOD WEEK for Giant Bomb.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I may have to pick up a used Wii U and Xenoblade X next Summer when there's a game drought.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Ended up looking through some old QLs on YouTube and stumbled across the Puyo Puyo Tetris one again

Just checked and Play-Asia had it for $30 so I grabbed that sucker

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Ended up looking through some old QLs on YouTube and stumbled across the Puyo Puyo Tetris one again

Just checked and Play-Asia had it for $30 so I grabbed that sucker

I have had that $30 rerelease on pre-order since it was announced

I think playasia finally actually charged my CC so it must be coming any day now!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I may have to pick up a used Wii U and Xenoblade X next Summer when there's a game drought.

That game looks fucking nuts

If I had a Wii U I'd be stoked as hell for that thing

Also, it struck me as an incredibly Japanese design philosophy to render that whole open city and then just have the cars drive through the player

Like, in my head I imagine a western designer would be like "nooo, we can't have that, they have to crash, or stop and honk, something to maintain the illusion" and the Japanese designer is all "nah the car just drives through you. why? FUCK YOU that's why, it's a video game, what the fuck are you whining about"

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TravanTravan Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    That xenoblade ql going up the day I caved and bought a new 3ds feels like the universe's way of telling me I fucked up. A second console is totally out of the question for me right now but still. Shit hurts.

Travan on
    Gamertag- Travan7838

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    The Helpful Crab in the Xenoblade QL had me laughing so hard I had to go to the bathroom.

Also Xenoblade looks great!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Also, it struck me as an incredibly Japanese design philosophy to render that whole open city and then just have the cars drive through the player

Like, in my head I imagine a western designer would be like "nooo, we can't have that, they have to crash, or stop and honk, something to maintain the illusion" and the Japanese designer is all "nah the car just drives through you. why? FUCK YOU that's why, it's a video game, what the fuck are you whining about"

The cars in Mega Man Legends were deadly as all hell. And I'll always remember the cars in Sonic Adventure abruptly stopping and honking at Sonic if you ran out into the street.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Just Cause 3 QL tomorrow morning
    GBEast's new Kerbal Space Program series starts Monday morning

It's gonna be a GOOD WEEK for Giant Bomb.

!!!!!!!!!! WHAT

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

The cars in Mega Man Legends were deadly as all hell. And I'll always remember the cars in Sonic Adventure abruptly stopping and honking at Sonic if you ran out into the street.

My buddy and I are running a Mega Man Legends LP right now and the first time we got fuckin WRECKED by traffic it caught us completely off-guard.

For whatever reason, I expected it to stop.

NOPE

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    3 and a half minutes into JC3 quick look.

Goddammit this is already the best quick look

• Options
    I just saw 20 minutes of the PS4 version running and can now allow my Just Cause 3 hype levels to reach their max

It looks so good

• Options
    Austin almost goes full Vinny during this Just Cause 3 Quick Look. Encouraging madness whereas Alex is encouraging civility.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Professa Serial Killah Austin Walker.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Vinny is doing the voice of Pam on monster factory in this ql and it's freaking me out.

No I don't.
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Travan wrote: »
    That xenoblade ql going up the day I caved and bought a new 3ds feels like the universe's way of telling me I fucked up. A second console is totally out of the question for me right now but still. Shit hurts.

Xenoblade is actually pretty good. Just run through the story and put another xeno game under your belt while you save up again.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    I just saw 20 minutes of the PS4 version running and can now allow my Just Cause 3 hype levels to reach their max

It looks so good

Where'd you see it on PS4? I'm hearing the load times are really really awful and the QL appears to be on PC.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Drakeon wrote: »

It looks so good

Where'd you see it on PS4? I'm hearing the load times are really really awful and the QL appears to be on PC.

It's in the SE++ JC3 thread

They don't show any load times, but it's an open world game, so...

Long load times would be the most minor of qualms I could have with it

Also keep in mind there's a day one patch

EDIT: Here ya go
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2PoCchBzY4
    Here's 20 minutes of the game running on PS4

The only reports I've seen on "awful load times and framerate" are from some random shithead from a no-name site. And this has totally been the case lately, there were cases of people saying AC Syndicate was "unplayable" on consoles and surprise, they were full of shit. The above video is proof that the framerate is fine

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Listening to the latest Beastcast and I'm proud of Austin immediately giving the correct answer to the best Star Wars game question.

• Options
    Teras Kasi?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Lego Star Wars
    Infinity 3.0
    KOTOR

I will accept all of these

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Austin almost goes full Vinny during this Just Cause 3 Quick Look. Encouraging madness whereas Alex is encouraging civility.

There's a moment of utter explosive madness at one point and Austin half-laughs "Jesus CHRIST!", and I just know that somewhere a JC3 developer is doing a little fist pump and going "We nailed it."

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Dark Forces, accept no substitute (maybe X-Wing).

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    The Just Cause QL has nearly convinced me to buy the game despite having no money and still being ass-deep in Fallout 4. I wish to feel the same glee as the GBEast crew did when things explode.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    You'd be missing a crucial component- Vinny.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    You'd be missing a crucial component- Vinny.

That's the great thing about the Just Cause games. You can be your own Vinny!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Huh, they're really pumping out the Encyclopedia Bombasticas lately. Miner 2049er, Dark Forces, and Quake II are all going to be featured in the next three days.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Huh, they're really pumping out the Encyclopedia Bombasticas lately. Miner 2049er, Dark Forces, and Quake II are all going to be featured in the next three days.

Quake II is because Brad found that hat; Dark Forces is because of Battlefront and Miner 2049er is probably because Jeff just cleaned up his games collection and likely unearthed his Atari stuff (which also explains Lode Runner)

Also, all 4 games I'm totally down with being Bombastica'd.

• Options
    And these Bombasticas are things they can shoot from their homes, away from the studio where they are moving and breaking things down. It's why most of the stuff this week has been GBeast, which until Sunday was at operating strength.

Of course, Vinny and Austin and Alex are all in SF right now. I feel like the all hands pre-GOTY Bombcasts are earlier this year.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Anyone know if they're doing any more Choose Our Own Adventure's for Life is Strange?

I found time to watch the first two over the long weekend, and I need to see their reactions to when shit really gets dark.

This discussion has been closed.