As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dumb Internet and Mobile Clickers

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I want to talk about mobile games too. Specifically Pokemon Shuffle, because that game is going to be a big problem for me, holy shit.

Also Spider Square, which has the most beautiful movement that I've ever experienced in a mobile game, it's just fantastic.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I would like some tips on good free or cheap mobile games too.

I just finished the Steven Universe game which was wonderful.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Infectionator is a pretty fun game, and it's free.

I believe it actually got started on armorgames, a browser game site.

In it, you basically go to a town, and drop a zombie plague on the populace, attempting to kill as many people as you can.

The more people die, the more money you get, which you can spend on upgrading the virus or unlocking/upgrading special zombies, etc.

It's fun and very silly.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Finally bought a Dread Knight!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 8->

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

If you ignore the mictrotransaction BS, the two Candy Crush games are actually really solid match 3 puzzlers. Between the 2 games (counting both game modes in the first one) I've beaten nearly 1000 levels without spending a cent. The rest of King's games are thoroughly mediocre at best though.

Twenty is a lot of fun. If you get tired of the base game mode you can unlock the whole thing for like, 2 bucks. Also has a local competitive multiplayer with a person playing on each end of the phone.

Triple Town is pretty awesome.

Puzzle Forge II has a similar base mechanic as Triple Town (combine 3 same things to make a next level of thing on a grid) but with some interesting other stuff going on.

I don't know much about games that aren't puzzle games.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Well there's this Final Fantasy-based one called Record Keeper...

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular

@#pipe 10,000,000 and You Must Build A Boat are a couple of good time wasters. I found a game called Dungeon 2 recently that I've been having fun with and I'm sure you probably know that hearthstone is on phones and is free to play

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

Hero Academy

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I like 2D puzzle games, so things like Flow Free and Power Line have basically never been off my phone.

• Options
    Tef wrote: »

Ok I'm am totally into this. I was a big fan of Puzzle Quest on the DS and this looks like a fun lighter version of that. Yes.
    You Must Build A Boat

Is this just a sequel to the above?
    Dungeon 2

Do you mean bit Dungeon 2? Looks neat but roguelikes aren't really my thing.
    hearthstone is on phones and is free to play

I have like negative interest in CCG games. They simultaneously make me bored AND angry.

• Options
    Yeah, You Must Build A Boat is a sequel to 10 million. Dungeon 2 is one of those roguealikes with persistent levelling and gear.

I just remembered there was a game I used to play, Army of Darkness defense. It was a game adaptation of the evil dead army of darkness movie and I found it pretty fun.

Threes is a stylish and fun number puzzle game that's quite fun.

If you haven't played desert golfing, I'd recommend that too.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I really liked Puzzle Quest Galactrix simply because the six-sided board was refreshing and added a bit more strategy to the game.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I really liked Puzzle Quest Galactrix simply because the six-sided board was refreshing and added a bit more strategy to the game.

So Tox was the real monster after all.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    yeah sure why not

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Because I'm a slut for all things Army of Darkness, I found and downloaded the game Tef mentioned. It's pretty good. Simple, but fun.

• Options
    Bwaha

Got a relic that boosts boss timers by 15 seconds.

That'll be handy.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I'm at the point were I'm getting 6k souls a run and I moved all my gilds to samurai

feels good

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Spending 10 rubies to get a fourth attack on the titan and getting more hero souls then I would have gotten from doing 2 quick ascensions was pretty nice. (Quick Ascension is based on Highest Zone Ever.(1942 in my case.) While I normally ascend around 1700 or so.

Seg on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

The funny part of it was that, eventually, you reach a point where you can use a cycle of abilities which just gives you infinite turns. So you always win.

Except for that one time I instantly lost on the enemy's first move due to some huge ridiculous mine combo or something.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Threes is still the king of mobile games imo

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm two holes into Desert Golfing and I'm very close to rage quitting.

putting the tee close enough to the edge of the touch screen that I can't draw the shot back with enough power to crest the first hill is enough of a design flaw to make me demand a refund.

Edit: and now I figure out I can draw the shot back from anywhere in the screen and it makes me loathe this whole minimalist design fad

#pipe on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    get gud scrub

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    So @Gizzy invited me to the Clicker Heroes guild she is in? I sent in a request to Clicker Happy Havoc

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    You are in!

The second clan is at 7/10 is anyone was interested.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    My friend @Egos requested to join, if you could add him!

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    I'm two holes into Desert Golfing and I'm very close to rage quitting.

putting the tee close enough to the edge of the touch screen that I can't draw the shot back with enough power to crest the first hill is enough of a design flaw to make me demand a refund.

Edit: and now I figure out I can draw the shot back from anywhere in the screen and it makes me loathe this whole minimalist design fad

There's something contemplative and isolating about desert golfing that I really like. I play it every now and then, I think I'm up to about hole 4,000 or so now. I saw a cactus one time!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Knightmare Tower

Fun shit.

Pretty standard upgrade/launcher type game, except you have a lot more control over your environment. You launch into a tower to save 10 princesses. Along the way you get speed bumps in the form of monsters you kill. Stronger monsters take more hits to kill but can give more and beteter boosts, but can also attack back. And as you save princesses you get new items that randomly spawn that give more boosts.

• Options
    So let's see

I have nearly 40x damage and gold when idle, I get 4x hero souls, slightly over half of the bosses are primals, and all bosses are reduced to 50% hp.

Cooldowns are reduced by 75%, I got a 15% to get two rubies instead of one, I only need 5 kills for each level, and I get 7x gold even when I"m clicking.

I also have Morgulis carrying 12k hero souls.

What on earth do I do next? I'm honestly at kind of a loss.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you have to go deeper

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    So let's see

I have nearly 40x damage and gold when idle, I get 4x hero souls, slightly over half of the bosses are primals, and all bosses are reduced to 50% hp.

Cooldowns are reduced by 75%, I got a 15% to get two rubies instead of one, I only need 5 kills for each level, and I get 7x gold even when I"m clicking.

I also have Morgulis carrying 12k hero souls.

What on earth do I do next? I'm honestly at kind of a loss.

Get more gooder at the stuff.

For instance:

-75% skill cooldowns
    15% chance of double rubies from clickable treasures (them little golden fish things)
    +100,000,000 starting gold when ascending
    10% chance of 10x gold (the silver coins instead of the gold coins that drop when you get a kill)
    1,000% more treasure chests
    -50% hero hiring and level up cost
    +25% chance of primal bosses
    +802% primal hero souls
    +19,905% DPS when idle
    +715,000 to Hero Soul DPS
    +8,000% gold dropped
    +23,040 gold gained from monsters when idle
    +150 to starting zone after ascension
    +20,000% click damage
    +60 seconds to boss fight timers
    +2,402% to Gilded damage bonus (per Gild)

ABA, or always be ascending. Get ye them heros souls, then get some more. Then get even more of them.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm making progress, but Dogcog refuses to fucking show up. I've honestly not seen him in like 10+ ascensions after rerolling over and over.

Where the fuck is this guy hiding

edit: yay, there he is.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    tumblr_nv6ihjQQT61rlp4doo1_540.png

so the soul of Salome gets stolen and you decide to track it down to a Salon where devils compare their "collections"

Fallen London is a weird and wonderful thing

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I've hit a clicker heroes wall.

I'm getting reasonable HS each ascension, but I think I need to respec because I'm not getting the damage I need to progress past ~850

From what I'm reading around 800 is a pretty prominent midgame hump

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I found a useful bug in Clicker Heroes the other day: If you enter a raid boss while fighting a normal boss it will reset the timer on the normal boss, but retain the damage you've done. Handy if you're trying to cheese yourself past a tricky point.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    can I click it?

yes: click it.

no: try to click it anyways.

scherbchen on
  • Options
    I've hit a clicker heroes wall.

I'm getting reasonable HS each ascension, but I think I need to respec because I'm not getting the damage I need to progress past ~850

From what I'm reading around 800 is a pretty prominent midgame hump

Move all your guilds to the top couple of heros you can acheive to maximise their damage. Also try to level up whichever ancients you have that give you more money and DPS.

• Options
    Should I repec? I have 14 dang ancients, I feel like a bunch of them are holding me back.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Everyone please play Hero Academy with me.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Should I repec? I have 14 dang ancients, I feel like a bunch of them are holding me back.

They shouldn't be holding you back, unless there's new ancients I don't know of that are negative? Some ancients are better to level up at certain parts of the game, there are guides out there on how to metagame the shit out of clicker heroes but I've never bothered.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Ancients get exponentially more expensive, so that 14th one is equivalent to a LOT of levels of your other 13.

This discussion has been closed.