As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] The Crate Depression

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    "eh, screw it, let's open this gunmettle cosmetic case. as long as it's not a medic one I'll be happy"

now I have a fancy new coat to do this medic contract in

feeling better about myself now that I sold my first invasion cosmetics case for $4

which will inevitably be used on more keys

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    you know what you have to do now Crash

alien death beams that periodically shoot through those spots as 'scenery'

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Yoooooo congratulations Crash! What an accomplishment.

Sadly, my laptop is on it's last legs and I've ordered the parts for a new, moderately priced and specced desktop. So I'll back in to the game eventually.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Was that eyepatch always there?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

So that's why you were so excited about that one patch note.

• Options
    Also, remember like... 5-6 months ago when I was poking you guys about giving me feedback on Probed? Like, really intensely asking for written feedback on whatever you thought of on it.

All of that went straight to Valve.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Also, remember like... 5-6 months ago when I was poking you guys about giving me feedback on Probed? Like, really intensely asking for written feedback on whatever you thought of on it.

Damn, I kinda wish I had suggested that it needed "More Half-Life 3."

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I still miss the way too good spy routes from pre-mid-buildings-rework probed :c

That said playing pub probed is pretty interesting compared to how it played out on HonC. Like I actually go into the ship to get the buff and fight for the point.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular

I remember the fight about illusive/elusive.

Time machine to find out who was actually helpful and who insulted his mother in Klingon instead!

• Options
    So since one of my customs is now stock, I can get away with running more of my own maps on honc on a night, right?

Thinking about testing moonshine event, sunshine event, and a new pl map that is on alpha 2 that a friend of mine is working on. That okay with you nerds?

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Didn't you create your own server with the express intent to not dominate HONC with your own maps? :rotate:

How big a posse of players do you have following you around when you play TF2? Is it going to be impossible for PAers to get into the game?

• Options
    xzzy wrote: »
    How big a posse of players do you have following you around when you play TF2? Is it going to be impossible for PAers to get into the game?

Double edged sword there, if I can be serious for a moment. His nerd horde do a lot to keep the server going on Fridays.

• Options
    Didn't you create your own server with the express intent to not dominate HONC with your own maps? :rotate:

Yeah I'm totally wasting money on that right now. I should set it to 24/7 Probed for the time being.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »

Speaking of which, there was a update yesterday.

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Fixed generic bomb entities (in the Invasion maps) damaging teammates when shot with an arrow
    Fixed infinite money exploit related to refunding upgrades in Mann vs. Machine mode
    Jarate and Mad Milk will collide with friendly teammates that are on fire at close range
    Updated Batsaber to use the 'unique' base quality
    Updated the Scout's pistol animation
    Updated pd_watergate
    Fixed the reason in the win panel at the end of a round referring to robots
    Fixed a case where players were able to get outside of the map
    Fixed a sound cache problem

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options

Double edged sword there, if I can be serious for a moment. His nerd horde do a lot to keep the server going on Fridays.

I understand that, I'm just curious if there's even more followers. I've never made it a goal to stalk people who make maps I like and try to play in the same game as them, but I'm sure some non-zero portion of the population does. This weekend could be nuts for that.

• Options
    Asking questions about Crash's weird stalkers is a rabbit hole I regret approaching even once. People are too fucking weird.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Time machine to find out who was actually helpful and who insulted his mother in Klingon instead!

NqeDRLA.png

I had forgotten about that picture

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Ohhhhhh

It's probed

I've been saying it like pro bed.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options

I understand that, I'm just curious if there's even more followers. I've never made it a goal to stalk people who make maps I like and try to play in the same game as them, but I'm sure some non-zero portion of the population does. This weekend could be nuts for that.

Eh, not that I've seen. I've been recognized joining servers more lately, but I don't think I've had more than the usual few people on my friends list follow me into servers.

Also, more WIP for tonight:

2015-10-09_17-00-33.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah, wip

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Shit yo, that's not even fancy lighting.

• Options
    Yeah if you want lightning I'm gonna need 9 months of dev time.

• Options
    I was going for "yeah, rip" but it didn't really come across without being spoken out loud. Curse this medium of text of communication and its sabotage of my stupid meme jokes.

But yeah it looks quite good already.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, another update.

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
    Fixed the Invasion Community Update Coin having (null) in its name
    Updated the Invasion Community Update Coin to count assists
    Updated the World Traveler to fix the description being clipped
    Updated convar r_proplightingfromdisk to be marked as a cheat
    Updated the materials for the Batsaber

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Updated convar r_proplightingfromdisk to be marked as a cheat

I'm curious about this one. What's cheaty about this?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I can't really comment on Crash's 'nerd horde' since the whole reason I'm on this forum is that I was one of the first of that horde to track him down :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I can't really comment on Crash's 'nerd horde' since the whole reason I'm on this forum is that I was one of the first of that horde to track him down :P

what, really? when? I feel like you've been around since before his joke maps started getting popular.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

what, really? when? I feel like you've been around since before his joke maps started getting popular.

Not sure when his maps counted as getting "popular", but I discovered him about a year and a half ago when youtube added the "seeing what the people you subscribe to like" feature. I saw Krunk like some of Crash's videos, and he seemed like a cool guy so I added him, and then he advertised HonC to me and then I had that legendary moment in my very first HonC where I killed two huntsman snipers with one reflect. The rest is history.

(That's also how I discovered Vekrooger, and I was early enough to get on both his and Zen's friend's list as a random viewer before he cut off accepting them)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I could have sworn you'd been around since before crash was making youtube videos. Shows how good my memory is.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I could have sworn you'd been around since before crash was making youtube videos. Shows how good my memory is.

Crash's "it's my first time" live commentary: February 13th, 2013.
    My join date on the forum: March 2014.

Yeah, a bit of a gap there :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    well, you insinuated yourself into the group so well that we just assumed you were always one of us.

now we know better. GET HIM, GUYS!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Huh. At the rate this map is downloading the server will be on the next one before I'm done.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Don't feed the ego monster:

B2A14D4744B334E1B474A029EC096996D865C254

• Options
    I am unicorn.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    had hoped to make it for a little bit last night, wanted to take a look at the moonshine_event... mind a link for the download so I can run around in it?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Don't feed the ego monster:

B2A14D4744B334E1B474A029EC096996D865C254

I am Uni-
    I am unicorn.

I hate you.

• Options
    he already made that joke during the actual game so he beat you to it by a fair bit

BahamutZERO.gif