Options

[TF2] The Crate Depression

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm usually busy eating dinner or watching Unprofessional Fridays during HONC, but fuck it I'll show up this week.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    are you... being sarcastic?
    For the past like three years it's been basically skin updates maybe twice a year. And some maps tossed in there.

In fact...what does Valve even do with TF2 these days? Like 90% of content updates are user-submitted stuff.

6-9 years of support (depending on your definition of the term, they still consistently do bug fixes and host dedicated servers, right?) is a damn good period.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah the game still being actively supported at all and having a significant community is pretty amazing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Especially when you consider that they had to build a model to help them be able support the game/sustain that support for as long as they have on the fly almost, having originally released the game as part of a pack of 6 games that were pretty damn awesome (at least 3 of them were for sure, anyway).

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Rumor has it a lot of big things are coming to tf2 "soon."

Valve Time, of course.
    My phone just autocorrected Valve to Balls and I had to share. Balls Time.

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    It would be really cool if they put in party matchmaking too, and not just for the 6v6 stuff. It would be nice for folks to be able to build a party together and have the game dump them together on a Valve server for impromptu killing each other.

Or just fix things so that you can still have players put on HONC even if it's not running a stock map. Like maybe expand it such that if the map is on the workshop, it can still add new players.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh god don't bring that up on hlds_linux, I don't want to have to sort through getting eight digest e-mails a day again.

Shit, that's right, I need to look into the workshop thing again. Put it on my to-do list and never got around to it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    this is a good meme

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    If it wasn't already dead in the water I would've made a "How to PROPERLY get on the small shack on Borneo as a mapper" that updated that person's methods with all the super anal attention to details I love so much.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    If it wasn't already dead in the water I would've made a "How to PROPERLY get on the small shack on Borneo as a mapper" that updated that person's methods with all the super anal attention to details I love so much.

I would watch this

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    As you spawn in the map you press a button added to the spawn room that begins a journey through various gimmick jump courses and back room access areas with hidden use toggles like gimmick maps have

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    "How to get on the small shack as a Valve mapper": just a bunch of clipping errors added to the side of the shack so you can hop up like it's a staircase

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

Such as not editing on a grid. That guy is small time.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Lighthouses are cool.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    is it a lighthouse or a submarine's conning tower?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lighthouse watchtower post... thing...

• Options
    so not part of a submarine?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    have you ever even seen a submarine bahamut

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    he's still got dev textures! I thought it might just be a rough blocking-out-the-rooms pass of a submarine!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Maybe it's a stealth submarine with a lighthouse disguise. That lighthouse is a spy!

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    xzzy wrote: »
    Maybe it's a stealth submarine with a lighthouse disguise. That lighthouse is a spy!

That submarine is a spy lighthouse spyhouse

• Options
    Burn it down

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Well now Crash clearly has to put a submarine in this map.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Well now Crash clearly has to put a submarine in this map.

It will be an entity in the map that is under the map. Only people using hammer or map hacks will be able to view its majesty.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    Plot twist: Crash is making Columbia.

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Next Crash gimmick map/gimmick version of map has buildings with giant spy masks of other buildings on them

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    We should probably change the thread title.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    [TF2] Shipping Pyro and Mei

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    [TF2] Shipping Pyro and Mei: A song of Muffles and Kawaii

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    fklKHCW.jpg

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    mai is pyro in another timeline

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    mai is pyro in another timeline

Inside her head is constant goregrind metal playing

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    The funny thing about you guys asking if it was supposed to be a submarine is that it's sort of influenced by the start of my other map Subzero, which does have a submarine.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456678994

• Options
    yeah I was explicitly confusing it with subzero

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    utzTCyo.png

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    Jokes left this thread a long time ago. Everything must be taken literally at face value.

• Options
    Well I bought Overwatch.

So if any of you nerds are going to be on PS4 (ha, yeah right) add me or something I guess.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    xzzy wrote: »
    Jokes left this thread forum a long time ago. Everything must be taken literally at face value.

But I suppose that is a conversation for another day.