As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Edwardian Fashion [Chat]

KanaKana Registered User regular
Unlike the respectable clothing of their mothers, modern women of the 1910s wear form-revealing shameful party clothes that lets them do things like, "move" and "breath". Things we all know women have no business doing!
I'm sure it's all just a form of temporary hysterical madness, but for now let us examine these strange fashions.

lsl44-cromwell-road-19-jun-1906.jpg
ls018.jpg
lsl50-church-st-8-sep-1906.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    death to the chat
    long live the chat

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Sorry if I missed it by the way @Organichu but did you wind up getting to talk to a different sales guy after the issue you were having yesterday?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Apparently my congressman is coming to hang out at my office tomorrow, that's kinda cool.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed it by the way Organichu but did you wind up getting to talk to a different sales guy after the issue you were having yesterday?

i just decided not to buy from that dealership, period. i have another bid only $17 higher so i'll go there if i decide to buy that model.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Apparently my congressman is coming to hang out at my office tomorrow, that's kinda cool.

Ask him how he feels about Ashley Madison.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

murder him?
    Is it an old white guy?
    definitely.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Mr. Robot is pretty good.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    The hats ruin otherwise perfectly fine outfits.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Oh man this 3 day low grade headache is finally gone!

• Options
    lsl40-cornwall-gdns-20-feb-1906.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think I saw an ankle.

Scandalous.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i've worn 0 of those things.

new chat pls.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    what am i doing, i should be spending my free/slack time preparing for fantasy football drafts

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    lsl40-cornwall-gdns-20-feb-1906.jpg

ayyy lmao

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

murder him?
    Is it an old white guy?
    definitely.

He's technically not my Congressman until I switch my registration.

My actual congresswoman right now is the opposite of an old white guy. In 2014, she was the youngest woman ever elected to congress.

She looks kind of like an older Summer Glau, which on one hand is a compliment but on the other hand she's younger than Summer Glau.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I'm still mad about Julius Caesar

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    who was asking for this?

http://i.imgur.com/bv7W2x3.webm

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I think one of the things I've really taken home from my experiences with crowdfunding is that large numbers make some people furious

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    who was asking for this?

I wasn't but I love everything about it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    who was asking for this?

mmJXM9X.gif

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I'm still mad about Julius Caesar

http://www.kongregate.com/games/molkman/caesars-day-off

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I think one of the things I've really taken home from my experiences with crowdfunding is that large numbers make some people furious

Any number higher than 28243 is deeply confusing and upsetting to me

• Options
    edited August 2015

1.2M is a lot smaller than 1,200,000

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    what am i doing, i should be spending my free/slack time preparing for fantasy football drafts

When is our draft?

• Options
    I wish I could watch mr robot. It seems cool.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hm.

Didn't notice that AC/WritersBlock got yanked out into it's own category.

Neat.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KVyFio8gw4

Talk about "black hat" UI design.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

I've noticed like half of the comments at Jim sterling are bitching about how he mentions patreon when he already gets six figures from it

despite the fact that he has a staff and, you know, nobody's forcing you to donate

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So apparently I am just going to have to learn all the languages this year.

Thankfully Swift, C# and Python all seem really similar to each other in use.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Adina is starting to social smile a whole lot

11896069_10205019783558157_80460724400076445_n.jpg?oh=88fd4c56c31ec64c382baf74da07ed77&oe=567535E3

11905751_10205019783598158_3994455752569826603_n.jpg?oh=b90d6ad892b181aa570f9427e1f7829b&oe=567380A9

• Options
    edited August 2015

Look.

Until you implement that feature that I suggested with my five dollar donation, I will continue my crusade to boycott you.

Neco on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

ah yes

the trolley companies being bought by car companies and then shut down

fucking wrecked the state of the nation's mass transit in ways that have yet to be repaired

gdi

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »

When is our draft?

coach put me in

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also, any time money exchanges hands, it is a scam.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    this next election is gonna be weird do i vote for my old cranky hippie grandad or my no nonsense businesswoman grandma

• Options
    I can't believe you idiots pay money for things

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I think I saw an ankle.

Scandalous.

It is though! Unlike the earlier Victorian fashion, which basically stuffed women into immobile corsets that restrained their movements and used thick cloth in their construction, these new dresses used corsets that were much less restrictive, and allowed natural movement. The fabrics were made thinner, to allow them to move with movement and to highlight the lines of the leg and body that previous fashion had tried to hide. Edwardian fashion is often regarded as sort of the last hold-out of Victorian ideas about dress, but in a lot of ways it actually has more similarity in philosophy with the flapper girls of the next decade than with its predecessors.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KVyFio8gw4

Talk about "black hat" UI design.

i was really interested in this

but then it was a powerpoint

and then the volume was too low.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »

ah yes

the trolley companies being bought by car companies and then shut down

fucking wrecked the state of the nation's mass transit in ways that have yet to be repaired

gdi

St. Louis is the one I always think of. My dad remembers it happening kind of.

But there were trolleys that went all over St. Louis into the 1950's.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.