As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] 2.0 has arrived! Weapons rebalanced! Time to Space Jam!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    The thought of doing Skolas with randos makes me cringe.

I don't think there's a perfect solution here.

Either you have to schedule things, or you play with randos. Not a lot of alternatives to those two.

Yeah. If there were a way to, like, matchmake requiring mic's with an age and/or being an asshole filter I'd be okay with randos.

This is basically DestinyLFG.net.

Yeah, but I'd rather there were fewer steps in the process. Go to a website, log in, search/post, add people on PSN, send invites, see if they respond, go back and look for more... Destiny's built-in matchmaking is quick and (outside of PvP issues) works pretty well. Even just a "require enabled mic" option would help a lot.

All true but for sweet jeebus's sake just use Party Chat. Don't clog your friends list up with random people.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah the three day delay is super weird and maybe says an awful lot about how quickly people will be hitting the new level cap?

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Yeah the three day delay is super weird and maybe says an awful lot about how quickly people will be hitting the new level cap?

I don't imagine it should take very long, considering that most people are starting at 34 or 33 so they only have 6-7 levels to get. With new story content, new bounties, plus old bounties I imagine it won't take very long at all. That's not even counting people that have saved Public Event packages, bounties to turn in and using the redbull xp booster thing. I have a feeling we are talking a matter of hours and not days heh.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Either you have to schedule things, or you play with randos. Not a lot of alternatives to those two.

Yeah. If there were a way to, like, matchmake requiring mic's with an age and/or being an asshole filter I'd be okay with randos.

Yeah, but I'd rather there were fewer steps in the process. Go to a website, log in, search/post, add people on PSN, send invites, see if they respond, go back and look for more... Destiny's built-in matchmaking is quick and (outside of PvP issues) works pretty well. Even just a "require enabled mic" option would help a lot.

All true but for sweet jeebus's sake just use Party Chat. Don't clog your friends list up with random people.

Is there a way to invite people in Destiny that aren't on your PSN list?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    https://www.the100.io/game/309029

First attempt at creating an event. Hard mode Crota. Trying for a Crux (and redeeming my lamprey-esque initial raid performance). Could use a few experienced raiders.

Unrelated edit: Still never got that hug for completing my Thorn bounty....*cries quietly in the corner*

Unicron80 on
    Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options

Is there a way to invite people in Destiny that aren't on your PSN list?

From party chat, highlight their name and join in session. The fireteam needs to be open to the public.

If I'm LFG-ing I typically also name the party something like POE 35 or Nightfall so it's super obvious what the invite is for.

• Options
    squall99x wrote: »

I don't imagine it should take very long, considering that most people are starting at 34 or 33 so they only have 6-7 levels to get. With new story content, new bounties, plus old bounties I imagine it won't take very long at all. That's not even counting people that have saved Public Event packages, bounties to turn in and using the redbull xp booster thing. I have a feeling we are talking a matter of hours and not days heh.

Doesn't make me feel great about it, but I guess it just depends on the content

I don't want to take weeks to hit cap or anything but this definitely shouldn't feel like PoE all over again either, nessesarily.

• Options
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    https://www.the100.io/game/309029

First attempt at creating an event. Hard mode Crota. Trying for a Crux (and redeeming my lamprey-esque initial raid performance). Could use a few experienced raiders.

I've done CE HM a few times (but only a few) and have zero experience sword-bearing, but I'm probably down. I'd said before that I was done with Crota until TTK but you know what? Fuck that guy. And I need a fresh round of "I'll tell my daddy on you!" before I go shove an electric space sword up his father's undead nethers.

• Options

I don't want to take weeks to hit cap or anything but this definitely shouldn't feel like PoE all over again either, nessesarily.

Well if you're aggressive about playing "up" on story missions you can level 1-20 in a day, easy. With things like stored bounties or daily public event packages and Red Bull boosts I'll be shocked if we don't have a 40 within hours. A triple ding in a day wouldn't surprise me.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm just not sure what the middle ground is as far as leveling goes. It can be old school, where the leveling takes a significant portion of time so that getting max feels like a reward and then you have the gearing up on top of it, which of course will make a bunch of people complain about the length of leveling. Or you can go the "get done with levels quick because we know the game doesnt actually start till end level" which brings up its own set of issues.

I think it would have been better to delay the raid at least a week to give people just a little time to soak in the new stuff, but then again there is no guarantee that any but the most grindy of grinders and powergamers will even be properly equipped for the raid come Friday. Especially if you have to rely on RNG/running Court of Oryx with keys you have to farm in order to gear up for it.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm fine with banging out 34-40 in a couple of hours. I know perfectly well I'm going to spend weeks grinding for new level 40 gear regardless.

Edit:
    Also, I feel like the level system in a game like Destiny is basically the tutorial. The vanilla/TDB light level gear grind was a fucking terrible idea, but 1-20 pretty much exist to teach you how to play and introduce you to your subclass(es) abilities. I assume 34-40 will be doing similar for the new subclasses.

CptHamilton on
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    I don't see the story missions being much longer than ~6 hours in Taken King on the first play-through. Obviously you'll be going back in to scan all the things, play on alts, etc etc. They likely made it so that at the end of the story missions you hit max level and unlock the next set of content, such as the Taken War.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    I haven't decided if I want to go solo for the TTK story missions, assuming I can get the game, or group up.

It was pretty fun to do the PoE story missions with a full group the whole way through. Also, a real challenge in spots. Those missions scale hardcore for multiple people.

On the other hand, I like the idea of taking my time soloing through the campaign as well.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so i haven't been keep up with the thread much and haven't really been playing Destiny at all lately but i guess all that will be changing because i finally caved in and bought The Taken King. i just couldn't hold out any longer. i wanted to buy it really, everything i've heard/read about it makes it sound like it's fixing all the problems the game has had. sure it wont make it perfect, but it will make it better and a better Destiny is just not something i could pass on.

so yeah, The Taken King, i'm in. let's do this!!

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Once I get confirmation that my Exotics will be saved, I'm probably just going to pick one set of armor for each character and burn down the rest.

My Titan will be keeping her Stand Asides, of course.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Huh. I've never done a story mission in a group so didn't even realize they scaled.

Personally, I've always felt like the story missions are geared toward single-player (obviously with the caveat of not having tried it other ways). Which is kind of weird since the entire endgame is pointed squarely at fireteams, but I guess they didn't want single-player people to feel completely shafted.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Huh. I've never done a story mission in a group so didn't even realize they scaled.

Personally, I've always felt like the story missions are geared toward single-player (obviously with the caveat of not having tried it other ways). Which is kind of weird since the entire endgame is pointed squarely at fireteams, but I guess they didn't want single-player people to feel completely shafted.

i think the structured the story missions pretty well. assuming you're the appropriate level then all are solo-able at even the highest difficulty(personal skill allowing), but they make sure that it's still a challenge if you go in with some friends. that balance can be hard to pull off and its one of the things Bungie have done really well with Destiny.

• Options
    Some of the Dark Below stuff felt really tough with one person but pretty easy with three.

Otherwise the scaling seems fine.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    I meant geared toward single player in the sense that, story-wise (lol Destiny story), it really all felt like One Guardian vs. The Universe outside of strikes. Like, what happens in the cutscenes if you're doing it with a group?

• Options
    I meant geared toward single player in the sense that, story-wise (lol Destiny story), it really all felt like One Guardian vs. The Universe outside of strikes. Like, what happens in the cutscenes if you're doing it with a group?

They don't show up. It's pretty dumb.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I really hope TTK has story missions (and, hell, strikes) similar to the story missions from HoW. I was really impressed with the mechanics of those missions, very fun. I actually played through most if it with a PA group, and it was a blast. I'd definitely prefer to play through TTK story missions with a fireteam. Just feels like the way God Bungie intended.

Quick Edit: I am not religious but I did feel a twinge of guilt using the strikethrough on a diety

Unicron80 on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular

My friend and I found this out the hard way. I was a level 25 hunter and he was maybe 28 and we got our asses kicked in the dark below mission to defend rasputin. It was brutal with two people. Tried it a little later solo and it was a cake walk.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    If the raid requires the court, perhaps raid rewards won't be weekly locked? More like Poe where you have to grind a key, raid could be grind able to get access with one per week being easy-ish.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    This is super light spoilerish/conjecture re: King's Fall
    I don't think we're killing Oryx in the raid. From the language that has been used, and dialogue in the cutscenes shown, it sounds like the raid takes place after we defeat Oryx. It's possible that it's the same sort of "you defeated Crota's soul, now defeat his ... ghostly phantom body!" thing they did with TDB, but I think the dialogue says specifically "the fall of Oryx was never the end."
    Not that that has anything to do with this, but I'd be pretty surprised if they locked the raid away behind anything to do with CoO.

• Options
    El Mucho wrote: »

My friend and I found this out the hard way. I was a level 25 hunter and he was maybe 28 and we got our asses kicked in the dark below mission to defend rasputin. It was brutal with two people. Tried it a little later solo and it was a cake walk.
    Back when Dark Below dropped and the daily was almost always Seige of the Warmind, the scariest thing was seeing "A player has entered your fireteam" as the big spawns started, because that meant they were going to scale, but you weren't going to have any help for about 30 seconds.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Raid goes live at 10am PST on the 18th according to Luke Smith tweet
    That's pretty early and I guess I'll have to media blackout until I see it for myself.

On paper that plan sounds good. People who want to raid can take Friday off and have all weekend, right?

For me, though, my "first" team, NATburn, raids on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Delaying a week would have been awesome! Delaying three days blows goats. =\

We'll need to see if we can have a Team NATBurn Special on Friday.

• Options
    I'm going to need to find a raid group at all. Team Bananahammock is at 50% strength these days.

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I'm going to need to find a raid group at all. Team Bananahammock is at 50% strength these days.

Eeeh... I'm sure we can figure something out. Hermano and Kersev play a fair bit of time with me too, but the timezone differences are rough, them being pretty far away.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

You're PSN, right?

• Options

Yea, I need to get back into some sort of group for that as well. The group I had sorta dissolved in December between people drifting away and such.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular

I need a raid group, if Team Bananahammock needs canon fodder I'll volunteer.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    The good news for me is that I'm "working from home" the day after TTK launches and again the day that the raid launches. I miiiiiiight be looking to raid.

• Options
    Celian wrote: »

Eeeh... I'm sure we can figure something out. Hermano and Kersev play a fair bit of time with me too, but the timezone differences are rough, them being pretty far away.
    Yeah, I figured. I imagine people will be organizing themselves in the next couple of weeks along these lines.
    ObiFett wrote: »

You're PSN, right?
    Yep. Thanks, though.

Yea, I need to get back into some sort of group for that as well. The group I had sorta dissolved in December between people drifting away and such.
    Between you, me, the two brits and the frog from the frozen north, we've got most of a raid team.

I seem to remember there being a crotchety Texan around here somewhere that might be looking for a group as well...

• Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    Will the Pax Arcadia group do a purge again? I left to attempt flawless raider (failed) with some friends and just hours later my spot was taken. Last time I leave for a trophie.. promise!

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    I seem to remember there being a crotchety Texan around here somewhere that might be looking for a group as well...

I'm not crotchety (I've got more of a dry, black humor, like an aged wine), but most importantly I am from Texas. I think I've figured out a way to not turn into a pumpkin at 9pm EST a couple nights per week, so I could at least be a reserve member.

• Options

Between you, me, the two brits and the frog from the frozen north, we've got most of a raid team.

Yea, I'm definitely game.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Resurrect the raid group finder?
    I never really used it, but it seemed useful? Or at least get a running list of Raid groups in OP or google or some-such?

Can also then formulate teams who are asking for blind-only raids, or folks who just want to hop in with whoever?

Clearly I can make a suggestion and do nothing to fulfill the suggestion....

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    ScudMuffin wrote: »
    Will the Pax Arcadia group do a purge again? I left to attempt flawless raider (failed) with some friends and just hours later my spot was taken. Last time I leave for a trophie.. promise!
    Just did one the other night! I'll re-post here just to keep it visible. But I'll probably be doing another one as we bump up against the TTK launch in <2 weeks. I'm sure there are a few more people who have moved on from Destiny and will be getting the bump.

Oh, and you can always join PA2 instead. PA2 has been getting similar treatment re: keeping the rosters full of active players, so there aren't any crazy-inactive guardians in PA2.

Someday, Bungie will remove the ridiculous 100-player cap and we'll all be under the same umbrella. And PA2 will be defunct (even for you PA2 loyalists). But for now, the PA-PA2 split is completely arbitrary for everything except "Do this with your clan" achievements.
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Pax Arcadia Sept. 1 Roster Update:

Eyes up, Arcadians! Just a friendly note that I've just completed the pre-TTK Culling of the Roster to clear some space for would-be teammates who have been looking to join our ranks. In the interest of maintaining a roster of active players (or at least, two clans full of active players, each of which has a Bungie-mandated 100-member cap), I've bounced out those guardians who haven't played for 7+ months, as I have in the past. (Obviously, anyone removed from the group/clan remains listed on the Mega-Roster, but I've updated their "Clan Status.")

This brings our present totals to:
    PA PlayStation: 98/100 - Edit: Now 100/100
    PA Xbox: 76/100
    PA2 PlayStation: 81/100

As much as I'd rather just let sleeping guardians lie and leave inactive players on the roster in case they pick up TTK and rejoin us here in the thread, I just figured that if someone hasn't played for seven+ months, it's probably fair to assume that they consciously took a break (or moved on) from Destiny. I didn't think it'd be too big of a deal to ask them to manually rejoin later if they come back into the fold. Unfortunately, kicking from the clan also kicks someone from the group that houses the clan and starts them at square one if they ever want to rejoin.

With that in mind, I've made both PA and PA2 groups freely joinable - so anyone who was bounced out of the group in the Culling can hop back in at will. The groups aren't publicly listed on Bungie.net, per their Settings, so I probably should have done this a long time ago. Clan membership, subject to the dumb 100-person cap, will still require approval to join, which I think makes sense, since we still do get the occasional rando stumbling upon the groups and trying their darnedest to steal clan spots from PAers.

If anyone has any questions or needs anything, you know where to find me (or @ObiFett, on the Xbox side). I'll update the OP appropriately - and it'll get a revamp (and some significant cuts) soon for TTK. <3.

vqfm4ikre7pv.png

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Resurrect the raid group finder?
    I never really used it, but it seemed useful? Or at least get a running list of Raid groups in OP or google or some-such?

Can also then formulate teams who are asking for blind-only raids, or folks who just want to hop in with whoever?

Clearly I can make a suggestion and do nothing to fulfill the suggestion....

I think this was mostly replaced by console-specific the100.io groups.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    ScudMuffin wrote: »

What does leaving the clan have to do with Flawless Raider?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)